On The Road To Emmaus: Luke 24:32

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
When He was at table with them, He took the bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them.
Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him. They asked each other "Were not our hearts
burning within us while He talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us." Jesus stood
among them and said peace be with you. End quote.

What a beautiful, beautiful scripture. "were not our hearts burning within us " It just feels so right, so
loving. Sometimes in my meditations I feel that with God. You probably do to and if not, you will
one day. The power of God visits each one of us, we just need to accept it.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
When He was at table with them, He took the bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them.
Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him. They asked each other "Were not our hearts
burning within us while He talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us." Jesus stood

What a beautiful, beautiful scripture. "were not our hearts burning within us " It just feels so right, so
loving. Sometimes in my meditations I feel that with God. You probably do to and if not, you will
I have experienced different aspects of it it seems. He doesn't speak to me only in his word I listen for his voice in everything and at all times eventually it became natural as if by instinct it happens all the time just being here in cc in fact. There are times when I am consumed by a fire inside as you quoted a burning heart other times it is as still calm waters soothing and gentle.
I love my privite hours with him more than anything, I love to soak in his presence soak and absorb him as I be still and know him. I love to talk to him about anything and everything

Apr 15, 2017

When you love the truth then you are compatible with God for it is His truth, and can have the benefits of the Spirit, peace, love, and joy.

For God loves when we sacrifice our own ways to go by His ways, and we are a living sacrifice unto God.

For we do sacrifice, for we sacrifice our ways, our desires according to the flesh, to be led by the Holy Spirit.

It is not like we are not giving up anything for we are giving up exalting ourselves above other people being arrogant and we are better, giving up money and material things to exalt our selves, and to enjoy what they bring, giving up fleshy pleasures and the ways of the world, giving up what we believe as truth for God's truth.

So God loves when we do that, and we do it willingly without being forced which makes it even more of a delight to God.

Also it takes God to open our eyes, and no one comes to the Son unless the Father draws them, and nobody says Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost, and Peter claimed Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the living God, which Jesus said flesh and blood did not reveal that to him but the Father.

So without God's intervention in our life the flesh alone would not embrace the truth, so God works with us to get us to the truth when He calls us.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
I have experienced different aspects of it it seems. He doesn't speak to me only in his word I listen for his voice in everything and at all times eventually it became natural as if by instinct it happens all the time just being here in cc in fact. There are times when I am consumed by a fire inside as you quoted a burning heart other times it is as still calm waters soothing and gentle.
I love my privite hours with him more than anything, I love to soak in his presence soak and absorb him as I be still and know him. I love to talk to him about anything and everything
A great post. Thank you for participating.

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
One detail that I believe happened on the road to Emmaus, but this does not hold Scriptural authority:

Jesus was unrecognizable because of his physical injuries. I lost a family member to a car accident, and you could not have recognized her, either, at the very end. His voice may have gotten raspy as a result of all the asphyxiation. People with grotesque defects and the walking wounded were probably not uncommon in their day, and the disciples remember Jesus' appearance as something else. That's why it took them more cues in order to realize that this man whom they wrote off as dead was presently walking with them.

MHO, but I don't think Jesus did anything to actively disguise himself. The Romans did a thorough job of that already. However, Jesus did take His sweet time to identify himself. That being said, it does say something good about the Apostles, in that they did not shun this guy on the road because he looked bad.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
When you love the truth then you are compatible with God for it is His truth, and can have the benefits of the Spirit, peace, love, and joy.

For God loves when we sacrifice our own ways to go by His ways, and we are a living sacrifice unto God.

For we do sacrifice, for we sacrifice our ways, our desires according to the flesh, to be led by the Holy Spirit.

It is not like we are not giving up anything for we are giving up exalting ourselves above other people being arrogant and we are better, giving up money and material things to exalt our selves, and to enjoy what they bring, giving up fleshy pleasures and the ways of the world, giving up what we believe as truth for God's truth.

So God loves when we do that, and we do it willingly without being forced which makes it even more of a delight to God.

Also it takes God to open our eyes, and no one comes to the Son unless the Father draws them, and nobody says Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost, and Peter claimed Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the living God, which Jesus said flesh and blood did not reveal that to him but the Father.

So without God's intervention in our life the flesh alone would not embrace the truth, so God works with us to get us to the truth when He calls us.
Thanks for the comment,
God bless you and a nice comment.