Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2020
He did not "believe it" because Jesus had yet to open his eyes to the truth.

Act 9:5
And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

Opening the eyes of the blind (including "seeing" Who He is) is Lord's prerogative. Seen over and over again, OT and NT.

Luk 24:15
So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them.
Luk 24:16
But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him.
Luk 24:30
Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.
Luk 24:31
Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.
The battle between Calvinism and free-will has raged on for centurys. Usually, once a person has made a decision on what they believe, it doesn't change.

That is true to this day.

God bless. I'm out.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
OSAS debunked yet again.

Revelation 12
17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14
12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22
14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Tribulation saints....rightly divide the word of truth...

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The battle between Calvinism and free-will has raged on for centurys. Usually, once a person has made a decision on what they believe, it doesn't change.

God bless. I'm out.
Well.....let the jury (the members watching/participating on this thread) decide the matter.
But in terms of sheer quantity of actual codified Biblical references, I think you got your clock well and truly cleaned.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Yes agree, but this not the Gospel, most people do not have the full good news.

Most people who believe this part do not fully understand, either willfully or ignorantly that this event in history has a personal application to them.
The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Who was Jesus speaking to? The twelve. Jesus chose his disciples.
Come on man. You can do better than that. This is POST RESURRECTION/POST ASCENTION don't forget.
The point being.....we are described as disciples just as they are.

Act 1:15
And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Act 6:2
Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

Act 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.
I would chime in to say that Christians "see" Jesus for Who He really is. And understand (in some measure) what He has done on our behalf. And consequently commit their lives to Him, anticipating the fulfillment of His promises.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
As I said before...I am not a "Calvinist". In fact I posess only ONE of Calvin's commentaries, and stopped digesting it when I noticed what I thought were Calvin's errors.

I have never read anything in particular that Calvin wrote since then.

Mar 4, 2020
Tribulation saints....rightly divide the word of truth...
This isn’t tribulation saints. Rightly divide the word of truth.

Revelation 22
14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
As a trained weather forecaster, I might actually disagree with certain things they say, so maybe not the best example to use. :LOL:

So what did God say? Do X things and then He will do X things, right? So our faith is actually in the teachings of Jesus. That’s a pretty safe thing to say right? Well, what did Jesus teach? Didn’t he show us the way? His way is the way. We follow this way believing it’s the way God has assigned to us in order to have eternal life. We have faith God will give us according to His message delivered to us by Jesus and our faith is evidence of that.

Jesus didn’t just say “have faith” and that’s all. The gospels are full of things he said to do and he also warned that if you don’t do them you can perish or not enter the kingdom of God. Our faith is dead without works. This is all through the NT.

Saved BY grace FOR good works.

Dec 21, 2020
Well.....let the jury (the members watching/participating on this thread) decide the matter.
The Bible decides, not people on this thread.

But in terms of sheer quantity of actual codified Biblical references, I think you got your clock well and truly cleaned.
Of course you do. You hold to Calvinism.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

God bless. I'm out.

Yes, that tends to be true. I just see too many extremes in Calvinism to believe it as truth.

Dec 21, 2020
Come on man. You can do better than that. This is POST RESURRECTION/POST ASCENTION don't forget.
John 15 is not "POST RESURRECTION/POST ASCENTION."

The point being.....we are described as disciples just as they are.
We are not the twelve disciples that Jesus chose.

Act 1:15
And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Act 6:2
Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

Act 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Christ's followers are disciples, but we are not the twelve disciples that Jesus chose.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
God chose the Christian church before the foundation of the world, not individual Christians.
Did Jesus choose Paul? Like individually?

Of course. Likewise every one of us.

Here you go. Individuals with new names. Each and every one DIFFERENT and unique.

Phl 4:3
And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

Rev 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
According to you God has no say in the matter whatsoever, man's will is supreme in the matter of his own salvation, and if it were not for the gracious choice of men, the wisdom of men, and the perception of men, NOBODY WOULD BE SAVED. Absolutely nobody.

God's Word says otherwise. Emphatically. Many many times. Unequivocally. Much of which I have already posted.

Evidently you believe God is lying when He says that HE has chosen US before the foundation of the world. Before we were ever born.

Do you then believe in irresistible grace?

Dec 21, 2020
And what if people refuse to do them?
Every Christian (person born again of the Holy Spirit) will be saved. The gift of the Holy Spirit is the guarantee of salvation (Eph 1:13-14).

The difference between a dedicated Christian and a "pew-warmer on Christmas and Easter" Christian will be rewards. Dedicated Christians will receive a "rich welcome" (Heb 10:35; 2 Pet 1:11; more..), lazy Christians may get nothing at all (1 Cor 3:10-15). But every Christian will be saved.