Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Whatever Snacks. You're clueless.
Says the one who stated, “So you're in the camp that says once we're saved, we no longer have to trust in Him.”

Our trust in Him is precisely why we know we are saved, because He says so. You have serious issues dude. I pray it’s not synaptic misfires.

Mar 4, 2020
People relying on themselves to maintain their salvation gives new meaning to breaking the first commandment.
Quick question, is repentance a one time thing or is it necessary to repent as often as necessary for a life time? Isn’t that required work for salvation?

Dec 21, 2020
Quick question, is repentance a one time thing or is it necessary to repent as often as necessary for a life time? Isn’t that required work for salvation?
Repentance to salvation is a one-time occurrence. A person gets saved once. A person becomes a son of God once. A person receives the gift of the Holy Spirit once. That's what makes a person a Christian.

You cannot become an un-son.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
There is no required work for salvation. When we repent, it is a one time event regarding our forgiveness, however asking for forgiveness on a regular basis is beneficial because it helps strengthen our relationship with God.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
There is no required work for salvation. When we repent, it is a one time event regarding our forgiveness, however asking for forgiveness on a regular basis is beneficial because it helps strengthen our relationship with God.
sadly, SOme do not understand the difference between Confess and repent.

Mar 4, 2020
You cannot become an un-son.
Not being able to be un-sonned isn't really far enough for me to know that repentence is a one time thing.

If it was just required one time and after that these people became children of the kingdom, then wouldn't it follow they must have did something wrong to be cast out into outer darkness?

Matthew 8
10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 13And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

Jun 20, 2022
Of course.

I looked through the OT and NT and utilized a lexicon to read about how it’s used.

There isn’t a single example of where God is called the messiah. It’s used to refer to human kings, priests, and/or saints.

You’re going to love this gem. I didn’t know this until I researched it myself.

Look who H4899 (mashiach) applies to in the OT.
It means the Anointed One or the Christ.

But I like to use the oldest Greek text we have in existence, 3rd Century, the KJV uses the revised 10th century, but look what the Apostle John wrote in his Gospel that exists in the VERY OLDEST TEXT we have on record:

Attachments

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Not being able to be un-sonned isn't really far enough for me to know that repentence is a one time thing.

If it was just required one time and after that these people became children of the kingdom, then wouldn't it follow they must have did something wrong to be cast out into outer darkness?

Matthew 8
10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 13And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.
Looks like you tripped up over that passage too buddy.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
There isn’t a single example of where God is called the messiah.
Wrong again. God is called Messiah.....every single time one refers to the other.

Jun 20, 2022

Matthew 8
You do realize Verse 12 is Jesus telling the Jews the Gentiles are going to be Heirs like they once were.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You should be looking for 'HaMashiach' not simply mashiach.

mashiach just means 'annointed' and every king and priest in Israel is anointed with oil.

Christ is The Anointed ((hamashiach))

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So this thread is still alive that is disheartening.
It's time graduate from grade school enough petty arguing enough discussion look at what Jesus says about it and accept it dont try to configure it in your mind or try to fit in any doctrine you may hold just accept it dont question it and know it is truth simply because he said it.

If this thread is still alive then that means there has not been a solid conclusion what good is it to labor and not reap the harvest? personally I am offended by those who preach on losing their salvation I mean what was the blood he spilled not good enough for you? what all the pain he endured not enough? was his sacrifice not enough? Do you understand at all what his death was? Do you have any clue what it did and where it placed us in the kingdom?

If you have worry about losing the salvation that was bought by his blood then you need a reality check you need to understand what the blood of Christ is and who you are in him when your washed by the blood until you know and understand these two things at least your not ready to be putting in your two cents

There are certain foundations needed and certain truths to be understood before go around thinking you know what your talking about

Look up those two topics do a study on them but leave your theology and doctrine at the door seek the truth and the truth alone be a blank canvas for him to paint on because trust me the truth is there he is telling you as it is the question is are you listening.

Dec 21, 2020

Matthew 8
First, that was addressed to the Jews who were aggressively against Jesus Christ. The Jews, being Jews, thought they were "children of the kingdom," but they were "of their father the devil." Second, Christianity was still future. Christianity, where it became available to become sons of God, born again of the Holy Spirit, sealed unto the day of redemption (Eph 1:13-14), was not available until the day of Pentecost. The Christian new birth is permanent. If the devil had known about God's secret (KJV mystery), he would not have crucified Jesus Christ (1 Cor 2:7ff). Think about that one for a while... Salvation for Christians is a one-time event, and it's permanent. Rewards, however, are earned, and can be lost (1 Cor 3:15:10-15). There will be a huge difference between a Christian who did not take his Christianity seriously and a Christian who did his best to live a godly life. Rewards matter, tremendously. A lot of Christians think their goal is to "make it to heaven." That's a given. Christians shall be saved. What is not a given is their position in the kingdom. Some will be richly rewarded, others will have nothing (in the way of rewards), but they will be saved.

Mar 4, 2020
First, that was addressed to the Jews who were aggressively against Jesus Christ. The Jews, being Jews, thought they were "children of the kingdom," but they were "of their father the devil." Second, Christianity was still future. Christianity, where it became available to become sons of God, born again of the Holy Spirit, sealed unto the day of redemption (Eph 1:13-14), was not available until the day of Pentecost. The Christian new birth is permanent. If the devil had known about God's secret (KJV mystery), he would not have crucified Jesus Christ (1 Cor 2:7ff). Think about that one for a while... Salvation for Christians is a one-time event, and it's permanent. Rewards, however, are earned, and can be lost (1 Cor 3:15:10-15). There will be a huge difference between a Christian who did not take his Christianity seriously and a Christian who did his best to live a godly life. Rewards matter, tremendously. A lot of Christians think their goal is to "make it to heaven." That's a given. Christians shall be saved. What is not a given is their position in the kingdom. Some will be richly rewarded, others will have nothing (in the way of rewards), but they will be saved.
Paul explains in Romans 11:11-24, that the Jews did not stumble, that is to sin or transgress against God, beyond recovery. Paul goes on to talk more about the Jews, comparing them to the Gentiles, saying that as a result of their sin they are like branches broken off from a tree. In the place of the branches that there broken off (the Jews who sin and persist in unbelief) Gentiles have been granted in. However, all is not lost. The branches who were broken off can be grafted in again via returning to the faith - that is repentance. Sin is like saying, "God I know you said don't do that, but I don't believe you so I'm going my way. Adios!" Well, that's the same as apostasy and this applies to anyone regardless they be Jew of Gent. So branches are the same as sons, branches broken off are still sons, but they've been dismembered from their lifeline, and won't receive an inheritance if they persist in unbelief. Being cut off is a grace situation to be in. There is also grace, judgement, rewards, and many other things, but I'm going to keep driving my original point home because that's what I do.

"They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will certainly not spare you either."

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
"They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will certainly not spare you either."
This is where meanings get lost in translation, as we translate the English into our conceptions of their meanings (which is part of the process of reading at any rate, but I won't go into that atm).

The original language' use of "unbelief" and "faith" possess a veritably identical root with the difference for the a- which indicates "not" that denotes "without", properly "not faithful," "unpersuaded," "not convinced."

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I just want to say im sorry if I seem harsh but i'm not messing around anymore everyone complains about how this site is but lazy workers dont get paid. Think about it it's no secret how the internet can influence people how we have this vast reach to others we wouldn't have otherwise

This site is our church we are the church yet this site svares off people because of you hateful ignorant children and im not talking about everyone I am talking about exactly that hateful arrogant children I bet every person here can think of one person here who is like that the walls that can't be reasoned with or whatever is not of God

We have salvation cool now what are you going to do with it? this site reaches thousands of people across the world that is thousands of people for you to be used by God and speak the word of life.

See anyone post something but no matter what scriptures they use or how sound their writting is if the word of life is not in them their just spouting gibbering trash that doesn't bear fruit.
There has to be presence in what you say when people read what you write and you have the word of life in you they feel his presence in your words because your words are not your own. Tell me out of all the time you spend on here how much life have brought to the table? Honestly it baffles me knowing the potential this site has but it's wastedIf your not going to work for the kingdom then kindly shut up stop your complaining and move aside because there is work to be. done. I may seem like a jerk and I say this with as much respect as I can I dont care what you think I dont care about your feelings Im not here to get along and Im not here to be in petty arguments and lets be honest people stop calling it debating that is just stupid we all know that is now what any of this is.

I havent been able to be on here for a long time due to my damaged eyes that I have been trying to heal for six years and I come back and everything is the same I expected better so im here to make a mess of things if I raise some hell and I finally get people to take up and listen to what God is saying then hey i'll take any hate you got for me you got a verse to throw my way bring it because trust me from what I have seen half of you have no idea what your talking about.

Those who I know show the heart of God know the tings I am talking they have seen all this my frustration is not directed at them but for those who come on here just to argue and do nothing but spout garbage you disgust me you call yourself a Christian and do nothing but waste words that have no life in them they don't encourage and strengthen the body they dont show the glory of God. and sound just like any other person in the world your just noise. Is it that hard to understand this isn't about me or you it isnt about who is right or wrong it's about the kingdom of God it's about Jesus Christ if your not sowing into the kingdom daily your a pathetic worker if your words have no life in them then the spirit of God is not upon your lips meaning your just spouting noise he is to be in everything we do everything we say yes he even influences our thoughts trust me you think you know God noe? you think you know the word of God now? buddy there is a whole other level to him and he is calling everyone to that place with him I mean im talking about the glory of God himself here the awe inspiring wondress mysterious presence and glory of God and it doesnt leave you this isnt an on or off switch but you have to want it and you have to chase it and refuse to accept anything less. Surrender that is the key complete and utter surrender I cannot say that enough surrender you want to know the kingdom? You want to know why God is so revered throughout the universe? You want to see powerful he really is to see him move daily and everyday in your life? Then im telling you surrender but get into the spirit of surrender dont do it until you have synched with God on the matter surrender is an experience not an act this is where you enter the throneroom this is where you get a taste of that legendary living water

Mar 4, 2020
Those who I know show the heart of God know the tings I am talking they have seen all this my frustration is not directed at them but for those who come on here just to argue and do nothing but spout garbage you disgust me you call yourself a Christian and do nothing but waste words that have no life in them they don't encourage and strengthen the body they dont show the glory of God. and sound just like any other person in the world your just noise. Is it that hard to understand this isn't about me or you it isnt about who is right or wrong it's about the kingdom of God it's about Jesus Christ if your not sowing into the kingdom daily your a pathetic worker if your words have no life in them then the spirit of God is not upon your lips meaning your just spouting noise he is to be in everything we do everything we say yes he even influences our thoughts trust me you think you know God noe? you think you know the word of God now? buddy there is a whole other level to him and he is calling everyone to that place with him I mean im talking about the glory of God himself here the awe inspiring wondress mysterious presence and glory of God and it doesnt leave you this isnt an on or off switch but you have to want it and you have to chase it and refuse to accept anything less. Surrender that is the key complete and utter surrender I cannot say that enough surrender you want to know the kingdom? You want to know why God is so revered throughout the universe? You want to see powerful he really is to see him move daily and everyday in your life? Then im telling you surrender but get into the spirit of surrender dont do it until you have synched with God on the matter surrender is an experience not an act this is where you enter the throneroom this is where you get a taste of that legendary living water
I want to be in the presence of the glory of God and I prayed for it with all sincerity one time, but apparently I didn’t know what I was asking for.

After I pray, sometimes I listen closely, and I believe I got an answer. The answer was a loving no. Know why? Because being in the literal shakena glory presence of God isn’t something a normal human can survive. It would literally destroy us.

Anyway, I totally agree with all you’re saying. You make good points and you’re a wise person, Blain. I hope you’re eyes are doing a bit better.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I want to be in the presence of the glory of God and I prayed for it with all sincerity one time, but apparently I didn’t know what I was asking for.

After I pray, sometimes I listen closely, and I believe I got an answer. The answer was a loving no. Know why? Because being in the literal shakena glory presence of God isn’t something a normal human can survive. It would literally destroy us.

Anyway, I totally agree with all you’re saying. You make good points and you’re a wise person, Blain. I hope you’re eyes are doing a bit better.
Blain's spiritual eyes are 20/20

as John writes in 9:41
“If you were blind,” Jesus replied, “you would not be guilty of sin. But since you claim you can see, your guilt remains.”…

You may be on to something in your observation of the presence of God 'literally' destroying us though. Think about it.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

my friend your wrong about your thinking of his glory because I know his glory and yeah it is powerful it feels like a thick powerful tital and you better believe you will be on knees shaking but not out of weekness or fear but in awe and reverence you are shaking but you wont move an inch because you know his kingship now you know the wonder that is I am you devote your entire being to him right then and there and his glory lays upon you

Do you know how many times I have believed and prayed for my eyes to be healed? even now my eyes need healing and being on here isnt great for them either yet I know they will be healed because the word of God says so but you know I dont think it was a no for you it was a not yet because your not ready. He doesnt give us anything if we are not ready for it just like we cant truly be saved until we are ready to accept him we have to be ready to accept what he has to offer for me sadly I am stubborn and it takes me learning the hard way but it always ends up bringing me to a place where I am able to recieve when I couldnt before

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain's spiritual eyes are 20/20

as John writes in 9:41
“If you were blind,” Jesus replied, “you would not be guilty of sin. But since you claim you can see, your guilt remains.”…

You may be on to something in your observation of the presence of God 'literally' destroying us though. Think about it.
Yes his presence is something to behold and when you in his presence your home and you never want to leave it. people think his presence is something that happens when he visits or something but if you have the holy spirit in you is he God or not? if the holy spirit is God then shouldnt it stand to reason his presence would be with you?

We not only can but should walk in his presence people limit him so much and never get to see the wonders of his hand there is so much more than most realize and once you reach that place with him you are always in his presence he abides in you and you abide in him