Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
2 Peter 2:20

Shows us Saved people who kept sinning become entangled in their sin and ended up worse off than before.

Where's the Part at God still saved them because IT DOESN'T EXIST?
It doesn't say they were saved. That's an ASSUMPTION on your part.

In fact it calls these people dogs.

I don't know about you, but I ain't no dog,
I'm metaphorically a sheep, but more accurately a child of God.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Ya know, a great study would be on sheep.

Jesus, and the Holy Spirit through Scripture refer to His children as sheep. And that's a perfect analogy for us.

Sheep are dumb.
Sheep are easily frightened away from their Shepherd.
A lot of other similarities between sheep and God's children. But one of the most stark is the fact that sheep can become FILTHY!!
And they need they shepherd to clean and shear them.

One thing they CAN'T do, is morph into a goat or a dog.

1675872857765.jpeg 1675872866419.jpeg 1675872881170.jpeg

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
2 Peter 2:20

Shows us Saved people who kept sinning become entangled in their sin and ended up worse off than before.

Where's the Part at God still saved them because IT DOESN'T EXIST?
I think the key to 2 Peter 2:20 is the word "knowledge". Knowledge is produced from/by man's intellect and thereby can be invalidated or overturned by man's intellect. True faith, however, cannot be. It is a gift from God and is by a new mind and a new heart to those born-again. They have become a new person in Christ. A new man cannot make of himself the old man.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
And should we take comfort to know that jesus prayed and forgave peter before this event took place and say ..."well he forgave peter he'll forgive me also?

The Lord said..."I will have mercy on those I have mercy.

Knowing what could happen and what did happen should give us a narrowing of the gate we all must enter in to. Not some broad prospective of our understanding of what we want to beleive.
But you quoted where Jesus said if we deny him he will deny us

Peter denied him, so either Jesus lied. or the defenition of what it means to deny him is wrong

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Peter isn't calling these people dogs. He's simply using this proverb to illustrate what their behavior is like.

"For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: 'A dog returns to his own vomit,' and, 'a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.' " 2 Peter 2:20-22

This is so elementary and so obvious I can hardly believe it needs explaining.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Since you just joined the thread you wouldn't know this, but we're not allowed to have faith. Faith is a work so if you have faith you're trying to earn salvation.
if your a calvinist this may be true. but since most of us are not calvinist. this is not true.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I will answer with this...

Romans 11 22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

So it would seem it is possible to return.
romans 11. they are Israel. who are blinded in part. if they (Israel)

it is not talking about induvidual believers

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Why would not believing in that Messiah fellow [Jesus] keep you from being Saved?

We are to believe in order to be Saved.

You CANNOT DENY GOD and live your life based upon He doesn't matter or exist and still be Saved.

What kind of bull-o-ney are you selling here?

That Messiah Fellow is the ONLY WAY to God!
so has an anti-christ (one who deny's christ) ever been saved?

Jun 20, 2022
It doesn't say they were saved. That's an ASSUMPTION on your part.

In fact it calls these people dogs.

I don't know about you, but I ain't no dog,
I'm metaphorically a sheep, but more accurately a child of God.
It says THEY ESCAPED... the DEFILEMENTS of the world...

That is being SAVED!

Attachments

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
"For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge
Yup. they had the KNOWLEDGE of jesus. Now show me where it says they were saved or born again.

But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: 'A dog returns to his own vomit,' and, 'a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.' " 2 Peter 2:20-22
He absolutely refers to them as dogs, the same way Jesus refers to us as sheep.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
It says THEY ESCAPED... the DEFILEMENTS of the world...

That is being SAVED!
It doesn't say they were saved or born again. Peter could have used any number of terms to denote they were God's children. But didn't.

That is nothing more than you adding to the Word to say they were saved.

Jun 20, 2022
I think the key to 2 Peter 2:20 is the word "knowledge". Knowledge is produced from/by man's intellect and thereby can be invalidated or overturned by man's intellect. True faith, however, cannot be. It is a gift from God and is by a new mind and a new heart to those born-again. They have become a new person in Christ. A new man cannot make of himself the old man.
I think you have no idea what you claim because of your false doctrine you abide by.

Jun 20, 2022
Peter isn't calling these people dogs. He's simply using this proverb to illustrate what their behavior is like.

"For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: 'A dog returns to his own vomit,' and, 'a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.' " 2 Peter 2:20-22

This is so elementary and so obvious I can hardly believe it needs explaining.
Agreed!

But I already mentioned I once had a Baptist Pastor who Preached OSAS and CALVINISM while he led KKK members to hunt down and hang people of color off tree branches.

They can only see their own deception as being a truth.

Jun 20, 2022
It doesn't say they were saved or born again. Peter could have used any number of terms to denote they were God's children. But didn't.

That is nothing more than you adding to the Word to say they were saved.
It says they ESCAPED.

WHEN you were Saved didn't you escape your DEFILEMENTS?