Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
A man must have knowledge to know he is saved.

You are not saved and don't know it.

You make me puke!
"puke" - hmmm -- very elegant and persuasive post - I'm impressed as to your eloquence.
And you place your trust in man not in God. What does that say about you?

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I can return to my old ways like a dog to its vomit or a pig to its mud!
then you must make sure you do not do that to keep yourself saved

Hence you are doing something to save yourself.

see the picture

you can;t claim your not doing anythign to save yourself. then in the same breath say you must do something to stay saved.

they are apposing ideas.

Jun 20, 2022
"puke" - hmmm -- very elegant and persuasive post - I'm impressed as to your eloquence.
And you place your trust in man not in God. What does that say about you?
My trust is completely in God and I strive to be like God who is sinless.

Jun 20, 2022
But ya gotta DO something or NOT DO something to keep yourself saved. Right?
No!

I am pointing out today when I will sin I will do it willingly but I will also repent because I did that to God.

But I could choose not to repent and keep sinning and return to my old ways like a dog to its vomit or a pig to its mud.

I just don't want to live that way any more.

Jun 20, 2022
THERE'S your problem.

Jesus says "My yoke is easy, My burden light".

What are YOU striving about?
Paul said to crucify your Flesh daily.

I strive to do that.

Don't you, or is your conscience so seared you can sin and feel no guilt from it?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Luke 13:24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able."

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Tell me, how is someone Saved and have no knowledge of it?
And as the other posters have mentioned, the verse says nothing about their knowledge being from salvation, rather, the verse says only by their knowledge that they escaped.
These:

[Mar 4:4-6 KJV]
4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

Jun 20, 2022
And as the other posters have mentioned, the verse says nothing about their knowledge being from salvation, rather, the verse says only by their knowledge that they escaped.
These:

[Mar 4:4-6 KJV]
4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
So you have no knowledge that you are Saved?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
But ya gotta DO something or NOT DO something to keep yourself saved. Right?
If you call being faithful as the Lord taught as "doing something" then yeah I guess you do gotta do something.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
No!

I am pointing out today when I will sin I will do it willingly but I will also repent because I did that to God.

But I could choose not to repent and keep sinning and return to my old ways like a dog to its vomit or a pig to its mud.

I just don't want to live that way any more.
Well that's good!

That means you are a sheep and not a dog.

A dog doesn't care if he eats vomit or wallows in mud. It doesn't bother him.

The fact that your sin bothers you is proof that you aint no dog.

Jun 20, 2022
Well that's good!

But that Verse has nothing to do with sheep or goats its about habit.

If I return to my sinner ways and get back into old habits I am the same as a dog returning to its vomit or a pig to its mud.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
If you call being faithful as the Lord taught us as "doing something" then yeah I guess you do gotta do something.
Boy. We're really getting somewhere today!

Your answer belies another root problem.

As Children of God we don't "do" something to remain His Child we "be" His Child!

We're not doing, we're being. Ya know, good tree stuff, vs bad tree.

Their fruit is a result of what they are at their core. Their fruit doesn't make them good are bad. They intrinsically are one or the other.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Well that's good!

amen

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
But that Verse has nothing to do with sheep or goats its about habit.

If I return to my sinner ways and get back into old habits I am the same as a dog returning to its vomit or a pig to its mud.
Thats the point

You can not return, Because your no longer a dog. Sin is not the same as it was before. where you could eat it with no care. no matter how bad it is.

As a child of God, sin is like poison, you can't keep eating it, its not the same.