Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
But that Verse has nothing to do with sheep or goats its about habit.
No. It's about the NATURE of what the being is. The nature of a dog is to eat vomit and roll in the mud. That's what it WANTS to do at it's core.

You, as a Child of God, may stumble into that stuff, but that's not who you are at YOUR core.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
No, I HAVE FREE WILL Mr Robot!
I have free will also my friend

and every time I return to a particular sin, it tasts like poison. I do not like it as much, and I get chastened by God, which is very painful.

So for those reasons. I do not return to my vomit and can not live like the world anymore..

Jun 20, 2022
No. It's about the NATURE of what the being is. The nature of a dog is to eat vomit and roll in the mud. That's what it WANTS to do at it's core.

You, as a Child of God, may stumble into that stuff, but that's not who you are at YOUR core.
And if I return back to my sinner way before meeting God I am returning back to natural habits I once had like a dog returning to its vomit or a pig to its mud.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I am not calvinist. Start talking and listening to ME, and stop trying to put me into some group.. that is the problem with so many discussions. people want to put people in a group and never hear a word they say. It has them blind. And I can be guilty of this myself. we need to stop it. all of us

Jun 20, 2022
I have free will also my friend

and every time I return to a particular sin, it tasts like poison. I do not like it as much, and I get chastened by God, which is very painful.

So for those reasons. I do not return to my vomit and can not live like the world anymore..
Yes, you feel guilty.

But Peter shows us it also entangles us and we become worse for it.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
And if I return back to my sinner way before meeting God I am returning back to natural habits I once had like a dog returning to its vomit or a pig to its mud.
what is gods standard?

How much sin would you have to perform for you to have to much sin to lose salvation?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Boy. We're really getting somewhere today!

Your answer belies another root problem.

As Children of God we don't "do" something to remain His Child we "be" His Child!

We're not doing, we're being. Ya know, good tree stuff, vs bad tree.

Their fruit is a result of what they are at their core. Their fruit doesn't make them good are bad. They intrinsically are one or the other.
You're the one who's paranoid about works; I have no problem with it. It's all part of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm sorry that you're so hung up on this issue. I hope you can resolve it in your own mind and find some peace.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
You're the one who's paranoid about works; I have no problem with it. It's all part of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm sorry that you're so hung up on this issue. I hope you can resolve it in your own mind and find some peace.
he is not paranoid about works.

lol.. This makes me laugh

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm sorry that you're so hung up on this issue.
LOL!

Too funny, coming from the originator of the thread!

The whole POINT is I'm NOT hung up on this issue, and want those that are "striving" to remain saved to come to the realization that JESUS is the One who saves us AND keeps us saved.