Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Many stumble and fall and lose their way sometimes for a long time I actually know a man who was saved when he was 13 but he didnt have a church or anyone and in his early twenties fell into season of 40 years of just being lost making a mess of his life you wouldn't think he was saved but he always clung to God he just lost his way
I was 18 years.

Never lost my faith in Jesus, lost it in the church and certain types of Christians.
I was a damaged wounded person based on servere childhood trauma.

Had a ministry in church.
When I could no longer cope with the past I asked to step down from the ministry and seek counselling and spiritual input from the church.
I was knackered emotionally, and spiritually.

The answer was no because I was no longer serving.

Addictions took over me.
Sought help for that but was told Bible says to do eg don't gamble.
Was told I wasn't saved because I did not speak in tongues.
Same with addiction.
The list could go on and on.
Shame on Christians who shoot their wounded rather than nurse them.
Why would I want to go to church and trust Christians like this.

Through all of this I never lost my faith in Jesus.
I begged, implored cried out for help and healing.

Never write/judge people off.
Come alongside if something is amiss.
Feed to sheep of Jesus.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
You know I only differ with you in the area concerning we have a CHOICE to keep our trust in God or to live for ourselves.

So why are you jumping around.

You refuse the fact we have Free Will.

Joshua said to CHOOSE this day. God didn't make them, they Chose.

Now, either I have Free Will or I am a victim being forced.

Which is it?

But they can't believe that. If they do they can't believe God created an elect to be saved and the rest for damnation. Which is where this all starts. They talk about the efficiency of the blood of Christ, but don't believe that it is sufficient for all, whosoever, only the elect. That's why we're talking in frustrated circles. They deny the blood is for all.

Jun 20, 2022
no,

I do not reject free will.

I can disobey my parents, i had free will. if I did, I got punished.. But no matter what. I would still be my fathers child. I had his blood in me.. If I trusted my father, I would never leave, and I would WANT to obey him because I knew he loved me, its called gratitude.

the same thing goes for our heavenly father.

what is different between you and me is I trust God. you are trusting yourself. why denying that is what you are doing..

I absolutely do not trust myself. In human matters between humans, of course, but never in Godly matters.

So, if I began worshipping Satan and denying God to others God is going to look the other way and say, you get Heaven as a reward?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Now, either I have Free Will or I am a victim being forced. Which is it?
From what I've been able to figure out from what the OSAS people have said is essentially when we're born again we don't lose our free will exactly; but in practice it's the same thing as. When we're born again we become a spiritual being, God's offspring, and now our only will is to trust in the Lord to take care of us. But there are all kinds of problems with this; not the least of which is the problem of sin. If we now have a nature that can only trust in Him, why do we still sin? Scripture clearly teaches that the believer's walk is one of battle between God's will and our will. There would be no struggle if our trust was always 100% in the Lord.

Jun 20, 2022
But they can't believe that. If they do they can't believe God created an elect to be saved and the rest for damnation. Which is where this all starts. They talk about the efficiency of the blood of Christ, but don't believe that it is sufficient for all, whosoever, only the elect. That's why we're talking in frustrated circles. They deny the blood is for all.
But they much rather have a God that SENDS PEOPLE TO HELL rather than a God who loves His creation enough to allow them to choose their own destiny based upon God's Free Gift or this world.

Jun 20, 2022
From what I've been able to figure out from what the OSAS people have said is essentially when we're born again we don't lose our free will exactly; but in practice it's the same thing as. When we're born again we become a spiritual being, God's offspring, and now our only will is to trust in the Lord to take care of us. But there are all kinds of problems with this; not the least of which is the problem of sin. If we now have a nature that can only trust in Him, why do we still sin?
Amen!

Jun 20, 2022
If God forces us to spend Eternity with Him if we choose we don't want that, why are sinners who were never saved going to HELL?

It's the same scenario.

Jun 20, 2022
This I got saved and now I can live like the devil is the greatest message Satan ever preached.

Look at how many believe in that?

Jun 20, 2022
Here's the real hidden issue.

From the Cross until we meet the Lord IS a time period called Grace.

Sadly, some have made a time period into a condition and it has completely blinded them.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
So we do have knowledge?
Of course, but you are intentionally obscuring and misrepresenting the point. The point is this: the knowledge that I (and all the saved) have is from salvation - I make no claim that my personal knowledge has saved (escaped) me - has led me to salvation; the "knowledge" of the verse implies it is knowledge TO, not BY, salvation: "escaped THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE" - man's knowledge/work first, escaping second, salvation third. That escaping of the verse is not because of salvation but by knowledge itself. The only way to be truly escaped is in becoming saved and that alone is God's work, not ours. Read the verse again only more closely this time and think about it.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
To post #4712-
Is this why Jesus said most would have an outward form denying the Power?
This an believing our "opinion" means something are a two GREAT fallacies practiced today that I can see.
Most reach salvation and rest there, that is so NOT the way He desires we choose, we are to train and wage spiritual war.
blessings

Jun 20, 2022
To post #4712-
Is this why Jesus said most would have an outward form denying the Power?
This an believing our "opinion" means something are a two GREAT fallacies practiced today that I can see.
Most reach salvation and rest there, that is so NOT the way He desires we choose, we are to train and wage spiritual war.
blessings
Amen!

One clear evidence is they DENY most of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Jun 20, 2022
Of course, but you are intentionally obscuring and misrepresenting the point. The point is this: the knowledge that I (and all the saved) have is from salvation - I make no claim that my personal knowledge has saved (escaped) me - has led me to salvation; the "knowledge" of the verse implies it is knowledge TO, not BY, salvation: "escaped THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE" - man's knowledge/work first, escaping second, salvation third. That escaping of the verse is not because of salvation but by knowledge itself. The only way to be truly escaped is in becoming saved and that alone is God's work, not ours. Read the verse again only more closely this time and think about it.
In one thread people like you will claim people not saved are unregenerate so they have NO KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.

But Peter said they [[DO]] have knowledge of God.

That means they must be Saved to have this knowledge.

You are so inconsistent on your theory it's becoming a JOKE.

Attachments

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You may have scriptures in your head but it's a pity you don't have a clue what they mean.
I think I’m getting closer to paydirt with you.

I can tell by the intensity of your insults.

That’s a good thing I guess. Like the guy that has a breakdown right before he has a breakthrough.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I absolutely do not trust myself. In human matters between humans, of course, but never in Godly matters.

So, if I began worshipping Satan and denying God to others God is going to look the other way and say, you get Heaven as a reward?
no one will earn heaven

As far as worshiping satan. And denying God.

What did John say about those who departed from us and now deny christ?

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Here's the real hidden issue.

From the Cross until we meet the Lord IS a time period called Grace.

Sadly, some have made a time period into a condition and it has completely blinded them.
this makes no sense.

if the time is called grace.. how is it a condition.

by the way. Grace has been the only means of salvation since the fall of mankind..