Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I was 18 years.

Never lost my faith in Jesus, lost it in the church
For me, it has been 32 years since I 'darkened' the door of a building
(except for a funeral). It wasn't the people, but the doctrinal positions
of denominations and traditions.

So, I simply just stay with The Scriptures, and know * that I will give an
account To The Righteous Judge, The LORD Jesus Christ. Amen.

* hopefully with The Gospel of Grace, and, at least this ONE thing correct?:
No Other Doctrine!

Precious friend:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
!

Jun 20, 2022
this makes no sense.

if the time is called grace.. how is it a condition.

by the way. Grace has been the only means of salvation since the fall of mankind..
The Hebrew Tanakh called Salvation God's Mercy!

But since the Cross, it is called Grace.

But the moment we meet the Lord and the Gentile period is over [Church Age], Grace ends.

Therefore, it is relative to TIME.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I think I’m getting closer to paydirt with you.

I can tell by the intensity of your insults.

That’s a good thing I guess. Like the guy that has a breakdown right before he has a breakthrough.
"Breakdown before breakthrough"?
That is awesome!:)(y):unsure::coffee:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
This I got saved and now I can live like the devil is the greatest message Satan ever preached.

Look at how many believe in that?
Yes it is the greatest message Satan ever preached.

That does not mean that the person who believes this is saved.

If someone says that or believes that then they need to be reminded of what Paul says in Romans.

If they reject it then shake then shake the dust of your feet because they reject the gospel.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Yes. We’re apparently born again again and again and ….

Oh you get the idea.

The OT talked about back slidding the most. In Romans 11 the Bible says the Jews can still be saved if they do not persist in unbelief. Again, if you believe in people created to election and others to destruction, then you must believe OSAS. So the first step, is the issue. That Jesus died only for the elect.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
If God promised to restore the Jews if they repented, then I believe the answer is the same for the Gentile.
Thanks for responding.

I asked "If we fall away can we come back"
The we being me/you and others and not a generalising of Jews and Gentiles.

How would you reconcile the following?

Hebrews 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
How many times can you deny God before He hardens your heart or gives you over to a REPROBATE MIND?

We can always return through Repentence.
Thanks for responding.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Jun 20, 2022
Yes it is the greatest message Satan ever preached.

That does not mean that the person who believes this is saved.

If someone says that or believes that then they need to be reminded of what Paul says in Romans.

If they reject it then shake then shake the dust of your feet because they reject the gospel.
Amen!

Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for responding.

Amen!
Amen!
Amen!

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
That means they must be Saved to have this knowledge.

You are so inconsistent on your theory it's becoming a JOKE.
You are trying to add something significant to the verse that it just does not say, nor can it support. Nice to know that you can just change gospel to make it fit what you want at your whim. Were what you're saying to be true, then it just couldn't correctly say "through the knowledge" because were it by salvation as you say, then it would have to had said "through the salvation" because without question, that would be the correct explanation, not knowledge. However, it doesn't say that because for it do so would make it wrong.
You are just unable to read it closely enough to grasp its intent or compare it to other scripture to come to a correct interpretation.

Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for responding.

I think 2 Peter 2:20 explains it well

Attachments

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
If God forces us to spend Eternity with Him if we choose we don't want that, why are sinners who were never saved going to HELL?

It's the same scenario.
who, who have truly understood their eternal destiny based on who and what God is. who was saved, would want to go back?

I mean really

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I was 18 years.

Never lost my faith in Jesus, lost it in the church and certain types of Christians.
I was a damaged wounded person based on servere childhood trauma.

Had a ministry in church.
When I could no longer cope with the past I asked to step down from the ministry and seek counselling and spiritual input from the church.
I was knackered emotionally, and spiritually.

The answer was no because I was no longer serving.

Addictions took over me.
Sought help for that but was told Bible says to do eg don't gamble.
Was told I wasn't saved because I did not speak in tongues.
Same with addiction.
The list could go on and on.
Shame on Christians who shoot their wounded rather than nurse them.
Why would I want to go to church and trust Christians like this.

Through all of this I never lost my faith in Jesus.
I begged, implored cried out for help and healing.

Never write/judge people off.
Come alongside if something is amiss.
Feed to sheep of Jesus.
I had the same thing happen. I was a prodigal son myself..

Jun 20, 2022
You are trying to add something significant to the verse that it just does not say, nor can it support. Nice to know that you can just change gospel to make it fit what you want at your whim. Were what you're saying to be true, then it just couldn't correctly say "through the knowledge" because were it by salvation as you say, then it would have to had said "through the salvation" because without question, that would be the correct explanation, not knowledge. However, it doesn't say that because for it do so would make it wrong.
You are just unable to read it closely enough to grasp its intent or compare it to other scripture to come to a correct interpretation.
No I am not.
I am using your own Doctrine against you.

There is a belief that SINNERS without God are so unregenerate they have no idea how to seek God.

But Peter is discussing those who do have such knowledge of God.

That means they are not unregenerate but were Saved.

You cannot have it both ways.

If the unregenerate have no clue about God that AUTOMATICALLY means those with Knowledge have to be Saved.

2 Peter 2:20 is about people WHO WERE SAVED!

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I think 2 Peter 2:20 explains it well
Sorry a little bit confused.

You posted

How many times can you deny God before He hardens your heart or gives you over to a REPROBATE MIND?

We can always return through Repentence.
Are you saying we can always repent if we fall away and come back through repentance?

But based on 2 Peter 2:20 are you saying we cannot?

If so how does that tie in with the Hebrews verses I posted?

Jun 20, 2022
who, who have truly understood their eternal destiny based on who and what God is. who was saved, would want to go back?

I mean really
Agreed, but yet we have example in OUR BIBLE that tells us this did really happen. Backsliders!
Apostate!

So it can happen even if you and I know we would never do it.