Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
If you can fall away then that puts Christ and the cross to shame.
He does have a limit

commit 1 sin, and your done..

after this, there is only grace..
As @Everlasting-Grace 's favorite verse Clearly States:

Php 1:6 "Being Confident of This Very Thing, that He Which Hath
Begun a good work in you WILL Perform it until The Day of Jesus Christ:"

In Light Of This Plain Truth:

The critic's CLAIM Of "true believers" can somehow be lost, has NEVER 'made sense'

Amen?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
1 Timothy 2:3-4 "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge [epignósis] of the truth."

Being saved and coming to the knowledge of the truth go hand-in-hand. I don't see how anyone can think escaping "the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" can mean anything but salvation.
Not so. Regarding 2 Peter 2:20, fast forward this Hebrews 5& 6 message audio player to 46:00. John connects 2 Peter to Hebrew 6 seamlessly.

Hebrews, Vol. 02 (gty.org)

One must get through the bulk of the message to really get a grip on the facts and nuances. MacArthur is not my cup of tea particularly.....but he really does do a great job of dispelling the "lose your salvation" myth that many impose upon these passages.

What we are dealing with here (Heb 6, 10 and 2 Peter) is JEWISH APOSTASY. Walking away after having been fully informed by unassailable knowledge and unimpeachable witnesses.

THIS is.......apostasy aka "turning away". The text is perfectly clear in the matter.

2Pe 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

=================================================================================

Again.....THIS is apostasy. Bailing out. Walking away. One cannot come to any other conclusion.

Heb 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:29
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Taking your last comment first, I just explained all of that to The watchers 2017 - if you're curious about it, see my replies to him.
For you first comment, you stopped comparing other verses with 1 Tim 2:3 -4 too soon.

We need to look at the other verses to find out who the "all" consist of - because the Bible tells us that. These verses tell us who they are. The "all" are all the Father gives to Christ and He will raise them on the last day. It is neither biblically nor logically possible for the "all" to mean everyone ever born. Therefore, 'all" cannot be more than those whom the Father gave to the Son and had intended to save.

[Jhn 6:37, 39 KJV]
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. ...
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
It doesn't matter who "all" are. That's not the point. The point is being saved and coming to the knowledge of the truth of Jesus Christ go hand-in-hand; they're the same thing.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Not so. Regarding 2 Peter 2:20, fast forward this Hebrews 5& 6 message audio player to 46:00. John connects 2 Peter to Hebrew 6 seamlessly.

One must get through the bulk of the message to really get a grip on the facts and nuances. MacArthur is not my cup of tea particularly.....but he really does do a great job of dispelling the "lose your salvation" myth that many impose upon these passages.

What we are dealing with here (Heb 6, 10 and 2 Peter) is JEWISH APOSTASY. Walking away after having been fully informed by unassailable knowledge and unimpeachable witnesses.

THIS is.......apostasy aka "turning away". The text is perfectly clear in the matter.

2Pe 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

=================================================================================

Again.....THIS is apostasy. Bailing out. Walking away. One cannot come to any other conclusion.

Heb 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:29
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

You may have trouble finding the right sermon. See below. Just hit the "audio" button to listen.

1675891649589.png

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
It doesn't matter who "all" are. That's not the point. The point is being saved and coming to the knowledge of the truth of Jesus Christ go hand-in-hand; they're the same thing.
Being saved is first, coming to knowledge is from and by that - it is not in the reverse, and is not to everyone.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I should have included in my last post that 2 Peter doesn't say saved, it says knowledge. So, those of that verse are the unsaved, not the saved. It is possible to have intellectual knowledge of salvation and Christ without having been saved

Jun 20, 2022
Being saved is first, coming to knowledge is from and by that - it is not in the reverse, and is not to everyone.
Exactly, being Saved is FIRST then Knowledge.

Just like 2 Peter 2:20 shows us.

They had Knowledge because they FIRST were Saved.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
If that's the case then the people in 1 Peter 2 were saved for sure. If they had the knowledge then they were saved first, by your theory.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Exactly, being Saved is FIRST then Knowledge.

Just like 2 Peter 2:20 shows us.

They had Knowledge because they FIRST were Saved.
I should have included true knowledge is from salvation. It is possible to have a superficial, intellectual knowledge of
Christ and salvation, without being saved - many people do

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
If that's the case then the people in 1 Peter 2 were saved for sure. If they had the knowledge then they were saved first, by your theory.
I should have included a true knowledge is from salvation. It is possible to have a superficial, intellectual knowledge of

Jun 20, 2022
I should have included true knowledge is from salvation. It is possible to have a superficial, intellectual knowledge of
But Peter said they ESCAPED.

that is the key.

They were Saved.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
2 Peter 2:20 is a knowledge that is not mixed with faith - a faith that is given to the recipients of salvation by God

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I should have included in my last post that 2 Peter doesn't say saved, it says knowledge. So, those of that verse are the unsaved, not the saved. It is possible to have intellectual knowledge of salvation and Christ without having been saved
You're not listening; you're just preaching the theories you've probably entertained forever. I already explained the problems with your "intellectual knowledge" idea but apparently it went in one ear and out the other.