Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 20, 2022
Do you all work at being obvious, or is it a natural talent?
No, I don't think God created anyone for Hell - Satan, Adam and Eve caused that from the fall:

[Rom 5:19 KJV] 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Because of that, unless God had chosen them to salvation and justified them, they remain in dishonor. Those in dishonor will be judged
by God but that is because of Satan, Adam and Eve, not God.

You just distinguished God only died for the Elect.

You cannot twist that nor create it into anything but what it is.

If God only died for the Elect He did not die for the Sinners.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
You just distinguished God only died for the Elect.

You cannot twist that nor create it into anything but what it is.

If God only died for the Elect He did not die for the Sinners.
At a time of God's choosing, for those of the elect, He takes them from under the law of sin and death and places them
under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, at which time they become born again. Until then, the elect too are sinners
because until then they have not been justified by Christ.

[Rom 8:1-2 KJV]
1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jun 20, 2022
At a time of God's choosing, for those of the elect, He takes them from under the law of sin and death and places them
under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, at which time they become born again. Until then, the elect too are sinners
because until then they have not been justified by Christ.

[Rom 8:1-2 KJV]
1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
I could feel your [spirit] 7 pages ago!

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Where is that found in God's own words?
I think there are more but am getting a little tired now so I'll try to find and post them later. In the below,
Esau is a picture of the non-elect, Jacob of the elect.

[Rom 9:11, 13-16, 18, 20-21 KJV]
11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) ...
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. ...
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth. ...
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

ButterflyJones

Feb 5, 2023
I think there are more but am getting a little tired now so I'll try to find and post them later. In the below,
Esau is a picture of the non-elect, Jacob of the elect.

[Rom 9:11, 13-16, 18, 20-21 KJV]
11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) ...
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. ...
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth. ...
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
I don't see how those verses prove your prior assertion.

What then of John 3:16?

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021

There are two worlds described in the Bible: this current world which will be destroyed by God
and the one to come which is the eternal one. The world that is to come is the one God so loved.
Given that this world is to be destroyed and the next eternal, if this is the world He loves,
then it would mean that either God can't save what He loves or can't destroy what He hates.

[Jhn 18:36 KJV]
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

[Heb 6:5 KJV]
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021

These too. If God warns us not to love this current world, then He cannot love it either and John 3:16 does not have this one in view.

[1Jo 2:15-17 KJV]
15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
They are estranged because all from the womb are sinners until justified by Christ - not all are.
God didn't die for everyone - only for the elect.
Exactly

yet while they were yet sinners. Christ died for them. Why? he loved them

and he died for the world. Not the elect. He died for everyone

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Exactly

yet while they were yet sinners. Christ died for them. Why? he loved them

and he died for the world. Not the elect. He died for everyone
He died for the world to come and for the elect who are to inhabit it and which will be eternal - neither everyone, nor this world.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
He died for the world to come and for the elect who are to inhabit it and which will be eternal - neither everyone, nor this world.
Sorry, it does nt say that. It says he died for the would SO THAT anyone who believes shall never perish.. but live forever.

The world is kosmos. Or satans system and those who are trapped in it.. He came not t judge but to save that which was lost. Which is everyone.

ButterflyJones

Feb 5, 2023
There are two worlds described in the Bible: this current world which will be destroyed by God
and the one to come which is the eternal one. The world that is to come is the one God so loved.
Given that this world is to be destroyed and the next eternal, if this is the world He loves,
then it would mean that either God can't save what He loves or can't destroy what He hates.

[Jhn 18:36 KJV]
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

[Heb 6:5 KJV]
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Except it is this world that God so loved as to send his only begotten son to it. That those whom God called to his grace would be saved from not only the sin that assured the second death but to also save those still here from the world's end.

Jesus' kingdom is not of this world because that is not just heaven but is also what resides inside every saint,redeemed reborn former sinner now eternally alive in that spirit of God's eternal grace.

God doesn't hate sinners. Our souls , all souls, are God's and of and from God. When our flesh is done it returns to dust. While the souls return to God who gave them to us.

If God hates the spirit iof the sinner he hates his own creation of himself. I don't believe that to be true.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Sorry, it does nt say that. It says he died for the would SO THAT anyone who believes shall never perish.. but live forever.

The world is kosmos. Or satans system and those who are trapped in it.. He came not t judge but to save that which was lost. Which is everyone.
Well, the whosoever of the "whosoever believes" are the elect because true faith is a gift only given by the fruit of the Spirit to the born-again. Therefore, only they can truly believe. The world He died for is the world to come, not this world - this world will be destroyed in its entirety - heavens, earth and all that is in it. Had Jesus not died for the elect, then there would be no world to come because there would be no one to inhabit it. In so dying, He, at the same time, died for the world to come. Additionally, this world and everything in it is to be destroyed by fire so it can't be the one that God so loved. We are clearly told this in the below.

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[2Pe 3:10, 12 KJV]
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. ...
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[2Pe 3:13 KJV]
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

[Rev 21:2 KJV]
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Except it is this world that God so loved as to send his only begotten son to it. That those whom God called to his grace would be saved from not only the sin that assured the second death but to also save those still here from the world's end.

Jesus' kingdom is not of this world because that is not just heaven but is also what resides inside every saint,redeemed reborn former sinner now eternally alive in that spirit of God's eternal grace.

God doesn't hate sinners. Our souls , all souls, are God's and of and from God. When our flesh is done it returns to dust. While the souls return to God who gave them to us.

If God hates the spirit iof the sinner he hates his own creation of himself. I don't believe that to be true.
Those saved alone, will occupy the new heavens and earth. All that remains in this one will be cast into the lake of fire

God hates unsaved man because by their unbelief, they, in effect, call Him a liar in not trusting the perfect efficacy of Christ and in His offering.

[Rev 20:15 KJV] 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

[1Jo 5:10 KJV] 10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021

Okay, if that's how you see it - I vehemently disagree with your interpretations, but, we all have a right to our own perceptions.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Well, the whosoever of the "whosoever believes" are the elect because true faith is a gift only given by the fruit of the Spirit to the born-again. Therefore, only they can truly believe. The world He died for is the world to come, not this world - this world will be destroyed in its entirety - heavens, earth and all that is in it. Had Jesus not died for the elect, then there would be no world to come because there would be no one to inhabit it. In so dying, He, at the same time, died for the world to come. Additionally, this world and everything in it is to be destroyed by fire so it can't be the one that God so loved. We are clearly told this in the below.

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

[2Pe 3:10, 12 KJV]
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. ...
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[2Pe 3:13 KJV]
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

[Rev 21:2 KJV]
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
No, if that was true he would have said he died fr elect so when they believed

he did not say that, he said the world that whoever.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
No, if that was true he would have said he died fr elect so when they believed

he did not say that, he said the world that whoever.
Sorry, don't understand. "the world that whoever"? please explain if you would