Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
He died for the world that whoever (in the world)

He did not say he died for the elect so they

or the would so it
He died for those who are to inhabit the world to come, or conversely, He saved the world to come by dying for the elect

Christ did not die for that which is not to be eternal, but only for that which is to be eternal in order to make it such.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
He died for those who are to inhabit the world to come, or conversely, He saved the world to come by dying for the elect

Christ did not die for that which is not to be eternal, but only for that which is to be eternal in order to make it such.
He dies so they may be born again.

No one in the next world will need to be born again. So he did not die for the next world..

May I ask where you heard that?

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
He dies so they may be born again.

No one in the next world will need to be born again. So he did not die for the next world..

May I ask where you heard that?
No, I didn't say born-again in the next world, I said born-again in this world - you've misunderstood. He died for the elect of this world in this world, so they could be justified before God allowing them to be of the world to come.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
No, I didn't say born-again in the next world, born-again in this world - you've misunderstood. He died for the elect of this world in this world, so they could be justified before God allowing them to be of the world to come.
Thats not what it says though

it says he loved the world. And died for them.. so whoever……

whoever means anyone out in the world..

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Thats not what it says though

it says he loved the world. And died for them.. so whoever……

whoever means anyone out in the world..
"whoever" does not mean anyone. It means only those who believe. True belief comes only as a fruit of the Spirit - we can't give
it to ourselves we must be born-again

[Jhn 3:3 KJV] 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
"whoever" does not mean anyone. It means those who believe. True belief comes only as a fruit of the Spirit - we can't give
it to ourselves we must be born-again

[Jhn 3:3 KJV] 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Jesus told us how to be born again

as moses lifted the serpent so must the son of man be lifted THAT WHOEVER believes will never die, but has life eternal..

thats how we are born again. By trusting in him and his offer of salvation

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Jesus told us how to be born again

as moses lifted the serpent so must the son of man be lifted THAT WHOEVER believes will never die, but has life eternal..

thats how we are born again. By trusting in him and his offer of salvation
No, being born-again is from salvation. True faith is from being born-again from salvation. We cannot make ourselves spiritually born just as we couldn't make ourselves physically born.

[Jhn 3:3,6, 8 KJV]
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ...
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
No, being born-again is from salvation. True faith is from being born-again from salvation. We cannot make ourselves spiritually born just as we couldn't make ourselves physically born.

[Jhn 3:3,6, 8 KJV]
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ...
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
No,

Whoever believes is born again,. That is what Jesus said

Your right, we can;t make ourselves born again, But God will not force us to be born again, He wants us to ask him in faith, then HE makes us born again.

Thats why Jesus used moses and the serpent as an example. When the people in faith looked up. they lived, If they did not look up in unbelief, they died.

He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
So much for the Great Commission.
I neither said nor implied anything against it nor did I say that it was no longer in effect.

[Rom 10:14-15 KJV] 1
4 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
I think there are more but am getting a little tired now so I'll try to find and post them later. In the below,
Esau is a picture of the non-elect, Jacob of the elect.

[Rom 9:11, 13-16, 18, 20-21 KJV]
11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) ...
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. ...
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth. ...
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
That is not speaking of individuals. That is speaking of nations.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
I neither said nor implied anything against it nor did I say that it was no longer in effect.
When stating God didn’t die for everyone but only for the elect, you’re completely discrediting the Great Commission because there’s absolutely no need for it.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Whoever believes is born again,. That is what Jesus said
No. It is that whosoever is born-again, believes.

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Your right, we can;t make ourselves born again, But God will not force us to be born again, He wants us to ask him in faith, then HE makes us born again.
A dead person cannot give to spiritual themselves life, and all were spiritually dead before becoming born again.
So, it is not a question of forcing it is of being given life from death.

[Col 2:13 KJV] 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
I'm not sure if this helps anyone, no this does not revolve around scriptures...... But when I was younger I was close with the lord. When my parents divorced I turned away and was in the world. I have rededicated my life. In that period of being in the world......I would have gone to hell. I had gone to being so close to the lord to do fat away.....I know I would have gone to hell. The lord has placed that on my heart after I had gave him my life.

That's not going by scriptures.....

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
When stating God didn’t die for everyone but only for the elect, you’re completely discrediting the Great Commission because there’s absolutely no need for it.
Nope. The purpose is for edification. For those that have the Holy Spirit, or for those who will be given the Holy Spirit, by that edification, they will gain a knowledge of/in Christ. For those who will believe not, it is evidence against them for the judgement.

[2Co 2:15-16 KJV]
15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
16 To the one [we are] the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who [is] sufficient for these things?

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
No. It is that whosoever is born-again, believes.

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Jesus did not say whoever is born again will believe and have eternal life. again, the passage does not fit with what you are saying, it would have been worded different

Eternal life is the act of being born again, and this new birth is forever.

A dead person cannot give to spiritual themselves life, and all were spiritually dead before becoming born again.
So, it is not a question of forcing it is of being given life from death.
I never said they give themselves spiritual life. That is God

God is here, and saying here is my gift of life. If you would like, I will raise you up. if you do not want it. I will allow you to stay dead.

Again, he gave us the example. those who looked up in faith was given new life. those who did not died..

John 3: 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

God did not make the people with moses alive so they could look up and live. They had to chose.

They did not save themselves. they all were bitten, and would have died, Jesus healed them and raised up up..

[Col 2:13 KJV] 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Yes. They were raised why? Because their sins were forgiven, Justification must come first.. we are justified through faith.. God will not rise us up when we are still under the penalty of sin..

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Exactly

yet while they were yet sinners. Christ died for them. Why? he loved them

and he died for the world. Not the elect. He died for everyone

Exactly!! Romans says, 12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!

"Adam brought death to all people through that single act in the garden.
Paul rhetorically asks if “the many” died through Adam’s trespass, how much more did God’s grace and gift overflow to “the many” by one man (i.e Jesus Christ)?

How many people did Adam bring death to? Verse 12 says “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned” The gift overflows to the many!

“That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.” – 1 Timothy 4:10

For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord, repent and live!” – Ezekiel 18:31

“He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.” – 1 John 2:2