I do not agree that it is the Holy Spirit's responsibility to refrain the Christian from sinning. If that were the case, then one could blame all his sinning upon the failure of the HS in keeping him from sinning. You're removing the responsibility of sinning from the individual putting it upon the HS.
It's the Christian that chooses to sin and must be the Christian that chooses to repent and quit sinning or be lost.
1 Jn 1:7 the Christian must choose to continuously walk in the light whereby Christ's blood continues to wash away all sins. The HS does not force the Christian to walk in the light, it's all freewill choice of the Christian.
Dude I'm sorry but your whole view of the Holy Spirit is warped in my opinion. I KNOW how the Spirit works in me and whatever you're talking about seems like a made up situation to me. That's nothing even close to what I'm saying and is pretty close to speaking against the Holy Spirit in my opinion, so I'd be careful. I'm not putting responsibility on anything. I am giving all glory for anything that can be even remotely considered good that comes out of me ALL to His power. He is what CHANGED me overnight, I don't know your testimony but He's armed me with an amazing one, that I am extremely grateful for, and what you are arguing makes very little sense to me. Has God not done an amazing work in you? Do you not give credit to the God and His Spirit that saved and made you new? Are you still old? I don't understand your angle brother.
Are you saying "WE" change drop everything and follow Him? Without His Spirit we could change a thing. All glory to Him alone. So you are taking His glory for yourself, yes I give it all to the Holy Spirit before I'd follow you.
Last edited: