N
Nomi
Guest
There is a great beyond
An endless pit within
And when I get caught up
I get tangled up within
There is a pit of darkness
Of sorrow
Shame
And fear
There is a new day to dawn
And I hope that it is near
As I look up from my jail cell
I see grey clouds all around
I wonder lord, where are you when I am nowhere to be found
Lost and all alone
I have yet to ever feel at home
In this world of grey, let it fade away into a world of my own...
Imagination is my playground
As I wander through the fog
What is lost must surely someday be found
Till then I am entrapped and bound.
Bound to this body, bound to this flesh
Battling instinct and desire, cleaning up after myself as I make mess after mess
My life is a mess, all I can do is confess
Help me, hold me, move me.
make me clean again.
I feel the wind on my face and I just want to fly away home
I see the clouds floating by and I just want to rise above them into the setting sun
Above the rain
Above the storm
Hoping to gain a little objectivity
Please God send your angels to lift me up high enough to see what it is I need to do to make things right in my life
I only want to do your will
The flesh wants what it wants
But my spirit wants to rise above the fleshly desires
Above the darkness
Above the storm
And in the light, I will find the road.
An endless pit within
And when I get caught up
I get tangled up within
There is a pit of darkness
Of sorrow
Shame
And fear
There is a new day to dawn
And I hope that it is near
As I look up from my jail cell
I see grey clouds all around
I wonder lord, where are you when I am nowhere to be found
Lost and all alone
I have yet to ever feel at home
In this world of grey, let it fade away into a world of my own...
Imagination is my playground
As I wander through the fog
What is lost must surely someday be found
Till then I am entrapped and bound.
Bound to this body, bound to this flesh
Battling instinct and desire, cleaning up after myself as I make mess after mess
My life is a mess, all I can do is confess
Help me, hold me, move me.
make me clean again.
I feel the wind on my face and I just want to fly away home
I see the clouds floating by and I just want to rise above them into the setting sun
Above the rain
Above the storm
Hoping to gain a little objectivity
Please God send your angels to lift me up high enough to see what it is I need to do to make things right in my life
I only want to do your will
The flesh wants what it wants
But my spirit wants to rise above the fleshly desires
Above the darkness
Above the storm
And in the light, I will find the road.