I'm not sure but i think Jesus Christ said, some believers will come but fall away by temptation.
Do you mean many are called but few are chosen?
I'm not sure but i think Jesus Christ said, some believers will come but fall away by temptation.
Is this a futile debate about whether Christ saves completely or partially?
I suggest to not engage in something beaten to death a thousand times. Christ saves completely, end of story.
Do you mean many are called but few are chosen?
I'm not quite sure what you think about this dcontroversal....but I see this woman understanding that Jesus had mercy way beyond most of the Jews of the day, that there was something a great deal different about how He felt about all.
Reread what she wrote, because I'd be mighty offended if someone called my son a dog!you are comparing a pet dog with no inbuilt moral compass to a human with a moral compass and the indwelling of the Holy Ghost. amazing. Does not equate, dog returns to its vomit remember that one in the bible?
Honestly, I wouldn't ask this of many people on this thread, (nor do I want everyone else's answers when I'm asking here), but you seem to have the kind of heart that can answer honestly, but humbly, so I will.I dont believe that an addiction to something sinful justifies doing wrong. I also dont believe that salvation depends on the victory over addiction. It takes an acknowledgement that you are wrong, and that you did wrong. And a willingness in youre heart to stop. I believe we do not nullify grace, its a big part of my beliefs. But I also know that if I willingly give into my desires, when my desires are wrong, and just tell myself "its cool Ill just ask for forgiveness when Im done", I know that I have not repented, and I know that He has warned us about dying in our sins.
There has to be something in the heart that truly wants to change, and come to Him. Its not the victories that we must achieve, but the willingness in our hearts to come to Him and follow Him.
Polish jokes are better. lolI am half Jewish and my best friend is german we make jew vs german jokes all the time to each other lol
Yeah, I am going to die as a smoker. Yeah, I know I smell like a pig. Yeah, I know we can't go into a retirement village (American phrase, but picture old people living together in a gated community with their own stores and such) because I smoke. Yeah, I know. I can't stop. Yeah, I know. I'm hopeless. So time to give up trying.I think willful sin maybe ignoring the holy spirit when being convicted. Just because you want to E,g, get your leg over etc. Or think yeah it's bad smoking, but I'm going to die anyway, so ignore and continue etc.
Would eyes have popped out and chins hit the floor if you had full-out mohawk at that moment too? lolOh you know nice neat bright colored clothes neat and tidy hair to the T no dark colors what so ever. I wanted to try this church i saw one time when i was walking and I like dark colors i walked in with black jeans a red shirt with a black lightning pattern on it and a black beany. I tell you the looks i got were scary
You really don't want to listen to a SDA preacher. All the do is condemnation.More to do with wilfully sinning, maybe reviling the holy spirit, blaspheming. Unpardonable if continued? Says Pastor Scott Velain on willful sin. Showing direct connections, people don't like to know because they want to believe the nice and fluffy version of the gospel and ignore the hell part.
When a person gets himself saved, he is new in Christ. He doesn't totally understand what sin is, yet. To think that he is never going to sin again is wishful thinking.I was wondering, many people say you cannot lose salvation except from apostasy. So does that definitely mean a cigarette, a drink, or other, after becoming a Christian, is still forgiven? Definitely. Is this agreed? As some say obedience is key and others do not?
Facts? Thanks.
I John 2:18-20 "Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge."I was wondering, many people say you cannot lose salvation except from apostasy. So does that definitely mean a cigarette, a drink, or other, after becoming a Christian, is still forgiven? Definitely. Is this agreed? As some say obedience is key and others do not?
Facts? Thanks.
==============================================Is this a futile debate about whether Christ saves completely or partially?
I suggest to not engage in something beaten to death a thousand times. Christ saves completely, end of story.
========================================Honestly, I wouldn't ask this of many people on this thread, (nor do I want everyone else's answers when I'm asking here), but you seem to have the kind of heart that can answer honestly, but humbly, so I will.
What do you do when there is willingness to change but no ability?
I was wondering, many people say you cannot lose salvation except from apostasy. So does that definitely mean a cigarette, a drink, or other, after becoming a Christian, is still forgiven? Definitely. Is this agreed? As some say obedience is key and others do not?
Facts? Thanks.
Yeah, there not easy to give up because even though I know their addictive and bad, i still like smoking. An annoying yes no, why am i giving up, we die anyway. Oh no it's a sin, I'm awful, i want another cigarette, but i look like garbage, darn you cigarettes, but i enjoy you, i repent, put puff. Awwwww. Madness and sadness.
I do not rob banks, but I still envy and lust for my neighbors goods, so I am still willfully sinningWillful sin is short-listing real sin.
Willful sin - bad
Unwillful sin - not so bad.
It's a game, to cut down on seeing how much we do sin. "I don't rob banks, so I don't willfully sin." "I'm probably doing something sinful, but not willfully, so I don't worry about it."