One step at a time, even baby steps

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Sanctification is evidence of salvation, but this evidence might not be apparent in infants of babes in Christ

And we should not be too quick to point out lack of visible evidence of sanctification as evidence of not being saved

And this seems like why it is so easy to confuse sanctification as the same as salvation even if they are different

A song to enjoy

oyster67

May 24, 2014
"Fruit" is a common term for evidence of salvation also. It can also become more apparent as one grows in Christ.

Matthew
7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
"Fruit" is a common term for evidence of salvation also. It can also become more apparent as one grows in Christ.

Matthew
7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Good point Mr. Oyster

There are issues humans must face.

Does the heart have the right motive?

And what to do during failure?
What if the enemy tempt you to doubt God's character?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
What aspect of Jesus would be most beneficial or edifying to focus on the most?

Dec 12, 2013

Matthew
Is this not primarily directed at being able to identify false teachers?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What does it mean to love God?
Appreciate Him and all that He has done for you with an attitude of gratitude. This leads to a repentance out of a realization of our needy state. Not sure if "repentance out of self righteousness" is a valid concept. We repent OF self righteousness.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Good point Mr. Oyster

There are issues humans must face.

Does the heart have the right motive?

And what to do during failure?
What if the enemy tempt you to doubt God's character?
Satan can be counted on to put a guilt trip on you for your sin. That is why we have scripture like this: Rom. 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." As long as we seek the spiritual way were are not counted as guilty. Jesus said: Go, and sin no more (John 8:11).:cool:

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Sanctification is evidence of salvation, but this evidence might not be apparent in infants of babes in Christ

And we should not be too quick to point out lack of visible evidence of sanctification as evidence of not being saved

And this seems like why it is so easy to confuse sanctification as the same as salvation even if they are different

A song to enjoy
Amen. When I first came to Christ I wanted to know it all. I wanted to change the world, preach
everywhere, see revival, turn things into a holy rejoicing group of people.

Little did I know, the small steps that are needed, each day in my life, and even more profound, in
my interaction and knowledge of others. And many years later, these lessons have been established,
each one laid down and set in stone.

But these lessons cannot be shaken, so no matter how long it takes, or how small it appears, they
are so important, they cannot be rushed.

Sep 3, 2016
Most Christians are practicing Salvation by "Faith," and Sanctification by "self?" The Righteousness of God is imputed to a person only on the basis of Faith in Christ, and what Christ has done at the Cross. Romans 4:5

Justification" delivers me from the penalty of sin, and "sanctification" delivers me from the power of sin.

Any Christian who try’s to keep any part of the law is a transgressor - Gal. 2:18.

Remember, if you leave the Cross, you walk away from God! Most Christians have left their First Love. They are proclaiming Jesus, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm). This is called "Spiritual Adultery." If it continues, the scripture says the light is removed! Revelation 2:1-7; Revelation 3:14-19

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What does it mean to love God?
When I heard the gospel message of Christ dying for me and offering me eternity with Him, He captured my heart with His love for me! It's been a journey of denying myself, taking up my cross and following Him. He now possesses my heart and I possess His. I am my Beloved's and He is mine.

Out of all the apples on the apple tree, He is the one that captured my eye - the only one I desired...... the apple of my eye.

To love God..... there is no other "god" of self, religion, or false idols that can interrupt my gaze on Him. I am satisfied and look no further - everything, everyone fails in comparison. I have found the One my heart desired...... He brought me to His banqueting table and His banner over me was........Love.

I'm not living a life of fear of sinning or not obeying all the rules, losing my salvation....... that's not love. It's a love affair, I'm learning what He likes and dislikes.......... not do's and don'ts but, likes and dislikes.

The Father's Love is like a fiery warm blanket that snuggles and cuddles with us and we are totally loved and accepted - the more we worship Him in Spirit and Truth, the more He snuggles and cuddles us! :love:

Yeshua/Jesus is the Lover of our souls meaning He loves and restores our souls - Saves us with His Blood and Body. Renews our minds, establishes our emotions (love what God loves, hate what God hates) and synchronizes our will to the Father's Will - uniting and making us One with God and each other.

The indwelling abiding presence of the Holy Spirit is an amazing sweet love communication type of relationship of God pouring in us His wisdom knowledge, counsel, guidance, understanding of Truth and power to do His Will and preach the Gospel.

The Kingdom of God that is coming, wherein dwells righteousness is going to be amazing! This world is not worth dying for. The Kingdom of God is worth dying for! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
what should most of growth be focused on?
Okay, I'm just going to sound like I'm in "Lalalalalalala Loveland," lol! :giggle:

But, my answer to your question is ....

LOVE, we need to be growing in love for God, each other and ourselves. :love:(y)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
The Kingdom of God that is coming, wherein dwells righteousness is going to be amazing! This world is not worth dying for. The Kingdom of God is worth dying for!
Can't wait to meet you there, dear sister!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The Kingdom of God that is coming, wherein dwells righteousness is going to be amazing! This world is not worth dying for. The Kingdom of God is worth dying for! :love:(y)
Can't wait to meet you there, dear sister!
Hello oyster67,

By the Spirit, we already know each other! I look forward to seeing you in the Kingdom of God! I'll be the one sitting at His feet like Mary or leaning on his chest, like John. lol! :giggle::love:(y)

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
When I heard the gospel message of Christ dying for me and offering me eternity with Him, He captured my heart with His love for me! It's been a journey of denying myself, taking up my cross and following Him. He now possesses my heart and I possess His. I am my Beloved's and He is mine.

Out of all the apples on the apple tree, He is the one that captured my eye - the only one I desired...... the apple of my eye.

To love God..... there is no other "god" of self, religion, or false idols that can interrupt my gaze on Him. I am satisfied and look no further - everything, everyone fails in comparison. I have found the One my heart desired...... He brought me to His banqueting table and His banner over me was........Love.

I'm not living a life of fear of sinning or not obeying all the rules, losing my salvation....... that's not love. It's a love affair, I'm learning what He likes and dislikes.......... not do's and don'ts but, likes and dislikes.

The Father's Love is like a fiery warm blanket that snuggles and cuddles with us and we are totally loved and accepted - the more we worship Him in Spirit and Truth, the more He snuggles and cuddles us! :love:

Yeshua/Jesus is the Lover of our souls meaning He loves and restores our souls - Saves us with His Blood and Body. Renews our minds, establishes our emotions (love what God loves, hate what God hates) and synchronizes our will to the Father's Will - uniting and making us One with God and each other.

The indwelling abiding presence of the Holy Spirit is an amazing sweet love communication type of relationship of God pouring in us His wisdom knowledge, counsel, guidance, understanding of Truth and power to do His Will and preach the Gospel.

Can this be a thread?