One taken,one left. The rapture.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2021
There is NOTHING about not taking glorified believers to heaven.
There is NOTHING about taking glorified believers to heaven. That's what you can't prove.

Aren't you the one mocking trying to prove a negative? What do you call this mess of yours here?

Basically, your ludicrous defense here is this:

Since there "is nothing about not taking glorified believers to heaven, we can SAFELY ASSUME/PRESUME/INSINUATE that there is sometning about taking glorified believers to heaven".

That is just stupid.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
Absolutely I am 68 years old I have lost a step or two Explain to just what you believe. I sure do not understand and cannot come up with a clear picture of what you believe.

Oct 31, 2015
we both agree Jesus comes postrib.

You add a rapture into it.
You have zero verses for your made up notion.

Ignoring the truth of the words of truth won’t somehow make your false teaching relevant.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
1Thessalonians 4:15

• that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord…

Those who are alive and remain after the resurrection of the dead in Christ are caught together with them. This occurs AT HIS COMING!

Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:29-30

JPT

Jul 23, 2018
Ignoring the truth of the words of truth won’t somehow make your false teaching relevant.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

Those who are alive and remain after the resurrection of the dead in Christ are caught together with them. This occurs AT HIS COMING!

Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:29-30

JPT
Both sides believe every word.

You are not doing anything there.

Aug 2, 2021
Both sides believe every word.

You are not doing anything there.
Organic whole bean coffee that is now ground and brewed being served - come on over.

This coffee is 'holy' mine and free for all who can make it here.

Peace

Mar 12, 2022
Mat 24
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Luke 17
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left

Pretrib rapture.
Some concept of a "rapture" must be read into this passage because it is not there.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021

JPT
You referenced 1st Thessalonians 4:15; to get the whole subject you have to start with verse 13: But I would not have you ignorant, brethern, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others who have no hope.
I would not have you ignorant: unlearned or uninformed concerning our brothern who have died "fallen asleep". That you don't sorrow as those that have no hope do not know what happens to our loved one that have died. You do know what happens to every person that dies; I mean everyone the good, the bad and the ugly like me. There body goes int the ground and the spirit, soul return to God from which it came Genesis 3: 19, and Ecclesiastes 12:6&7 You die and then shall the dust our flesh body return to the ground and the spirit shall return to God who gave it. Lets go to the New Testament 1st Corinthians 15:35-58 I am not going to quite it all but goes and says some very important things in there. He uses the seed to teach us a lesson. You plant a seed the outer shell dies to feed the plant on the inside till it grows. This flesh body is nothing more than a container for our spiritual soul. Paul goes on to say that say that we all have a soul and all souls go to heaven but not all souls are alike some are still mortal meaning libel to die, other souls will be immortal meaning they will live for ever. If we live long enough to see Christ return then we all shall be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump "the 7th trump and nonother" . You could say there are 1,000's of resurrections everyday because when someone dies the spirit; soul is taken back to the creator who made it; But there is only one final resurrection when everyone left on earth shall be transformed from flesh bodies to spiritual bodies and we all inter into the millennium.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
Some concept of a "rapture" must be read into this passage because it is not there.
No rapture two people will be working in the field: Jesus Himself tells us the field is the world; Read Matthew 13:63-43 but one is working for Satan and is taken by him with his lie that he has come to bring you peace and prosperity and fly you away, the other does not turn away from Jesus but keeps right on serving Him and working in that same field the world until the reapers come take the bad seed the children of Satan and then at that same instant Jesus will gather His workers into the barn. you find the parable in verses 24-30. Ask God to give you eyes to see and ears to hear and then read the parable and the answer. If you are still confused ( I know this may upset or even make some mad at me) ask a young child that is not confused by church doctrine, traditions of men, ect read it and explain it to you.

Jul 23, 2018
You need a new publicity agent. Your defense is pitiful.
It is your method and defense that I directed back to you,and invoked the level of ridiculousness it deserves.
Yes, your defense, as you indicate, it ridiculous.

Jul 23, 2018
No rapture two people will be working in the field: Jesus Himself tells us the field is the world; Read Matthew 13:63-43 but one is working for Satan and is taken by him with his lie that he has come to bring you peace and prosperity and fly you away, the other does not turn away from Jesus but keeps right on serving Him and working in that same field the world until the reapers come take the bad seed the children of Satan and then at that same instant Jesus will gather His workers into the barn. you find the parable in verses 24-30. Ask God to give you eyes to see and ears to hear and then read the parable and the answer. If you are still confused ( I know this may upset or even make some mad at me) ask a young child that is not confused by church doctrine, traditions of men, ect read it and explain it to you.
Context destroys the concept you are transposing onto the "one taken/ left" component.

Context tells us, "2 in a bed one taken the other left", is in no way a satan worshipper sporting a demon mark in his forehead, in bed with a born again, Jesus following, disciple of Christ.

To listen to postribbers reframe verses a little child could understand , they expect us to believe their inference of "oh yeah, lots of satan worshippers share a bed with sold out, Jesus following, born again believers."

I am so glad i do not need those bizarre modifications to the bible in the pretrib rapture model.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Multifacited Yes, BUT only One Singular Second Coming.

There are NO multiple Comings (more then 1st & 2nd) of the LORD in the Prophets, Gospel, Letters & Revelation
Amen

“so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; ( the gospel )

and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” ( his return from heaven at the end of the world )
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jul 23, 2018
Absolutely I am 68 years old I have lost a step or two Explain to just what you believe. I sure do not understand and cannot come up with a clear picture of what you believe.
In the op?
If so, it is so simple, what is see and read and just accept what it says;
Mat 24
38 as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

*"Days before the flood"...setting and timeframe

*"In those days"....normal everyday activities

*"Judgement comes"....comensing on the earth.

*At THAT SAME TIMEFRAME..(.prejudgement.)...one taken/left.

*Watch and be ready....Preflood/prejudgememt

None of that fits ANY postrib rapture teaching or dynamic. None of it.
HOWEVER it FITS PRETRIB RAPTURE PERFEVCTLY.

......PERFECTLY.

Solid bible.

Jul 23, 2018
actually since it mirrors the pretrib rapture, it would need cunning reframing to make it say something else.

Jul 23, 2018
There is NOTHING about taking glorified believers to heaven. That's what you can't prove.

Aren't you the one mocking trying to prove a negative? What do you call this mess of yours here?

Basically, your ludicrous defense here is this:

Since there "is nothing about not taking glorified believers to heaven, we can SAFELY ASSUME/PRESUME/INSINUATE that there is sometning about taking glorified believers to heaven".

That is just stupid.
Lol
It is parody. Using your same stupid argument back at you.
I am using YOUR stupid argument back at you.
YES...YOU NOW GET IT.... it took some doing, but out of your own mouth, when you are on the other side of your own ridiculous methods.....it reeks of stupidity as you indicate.

Yes
Your deal is beyond stupid
THANKS for admitting it finally.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
OK OK I am almost 70 yo so I transposed my numbers 13:36 -43. As for lots of Satan worshippers share a bed with sold out, Jesus following born again believers; The verse reads 2 men slept. Should 2 men be sleeping together? or does this mean something else. In that day and time if it was real cold 2 men might sleep close for body heat. Remember Matthew 13. The reapers came first for the tares the children of Satan and left the wheat to be gathered second. These 2 men could have been on a trip for their master and had to be together. Parable definition Strong's 3850 Greek dictionary. A similitude "parable" fictitious narrative of common life. A comparison, figure, parable, proverb. Ezekiel 13 is all about prophets, and prophetess (male and female prophets, teachers) That see there on dreams make up there own visions and what has God got to say to them. I am against your lies wherewith ye there hunt souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. You want to go hunting for souls and tell them that they are going to fly away when God says not to; I have an other verse for you. Matthew 7:21-23 the whole chapter is a great bible study 21: Not everyone that sayth unto Me, Lord, Lord shall inter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Farther Which is in heaven, 22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name cast out many devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23. And then will I profess unto them I never know you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity. Right above that paragraph Jesus says some other harsh thing: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Then Jesus goes on to say know which tree to get your fruit from; The tree of Life or the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
Lol
It is parody. Using your same stupid argument back at you.
I am using YOUR stupid argument back at you.
YES...YOU NOW GET IT.... it took some doing, but out of your own mouth, when you are on the other side of your own ridiculous methods.....it reeks of stupidity as you indicate.

Yes
Your deal is beyond stupid
THANKS for admitting it finally.
It is really bad when you have to revert to name calling instead of going to Gods word to make a point. You should thank about that when you talk to God tonight.
Again I will to you to read the words of Paul. and The Lord Jesus Christ. If someone dies before Jesus returns they are taken to The bosom of Abraham, paradise, ect. Then lets see what God showed John in Revelation; 6:9 This is the seal that we are in right know. And when He had opened the 5th seal, I saw under the alter the souls of them that were slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held: 10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long O Lord holy and true, dost Thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11. And white robes were given unto everyone of them, that they should rest a little season, until there fellow servants also and there brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. I can guarantee you those brothers and sisters in the Middle East and elsewhere that have suffered and died at the hands of evil men of Satan are under that alter; and they have received their reward already.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
You need a new publicity agent. Your defense is pitiful.
It is your method and defense that I directed back to you,and invoked the level of ridiculousness it deserves.
Yes, your defense, as you indicate, it ridiculous.
No, the Bible is clear: there is ONE resurrection of the saved. Not "stages" as presumed. It will occur "when He comes" which is the Second Advent. 1 Cor 15:23, 2 Thess 2:1.

You have no evidence. Only presumptions and innuendos.