One thing I Wish for on a Star. 1 Miracle I've always prayed for. Silly boyish dream.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 22, 2018
[FONT=q_serif]I’d ask to be granted the impossible miracle that would violate the cosmic order so far as I know it. I would just wish for that thing called true love.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]I’m sure it sounds silly. Yeah. Silly childish dreams can have a long shelf life when you’re a silly childish person who lives in solitude. It’s the fanciful pot of gold hiding at the end of the rainbow that I’m always chasing after. You’re right, it’s probably not there. But I had no choice in being born or being who I am or having my heart or having my wishes and having my dreams. So while I’m here I might as well run after it, even it’s just a mirage or a phantom from the land of make-believe. Nothing else better for someone like me to do.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Now I know the reality of mutual love may be familiar to the point of mundane and prosaic for so many of you out there, as in you who are not reading this stupid answer that will get easily buried under a mountain of other more interesting answers and may only be glanced at by a few pairs of browsing eyes. Some of you who are well acquainted with that thing called love, perhaps because of a relationship you had in the past, or a dozen relationships you’ve had, or for others maybe because of one in the present— in any case, you know what mutual love is. Been there done that, right. Overrated, right. Perhaps you have been screwed over by it and you’re sick of hearing about it. Or maybe you’ve had your fill of all that gushy sweet love fluff to the point of being cloyed by all its rich flavors and now you have moved on to the next thing or even well beyond that. Some of you might even take for granted the fact that waking up tomorrow next to someone you love is as sure a thing as the sun rising in the east. Some of you are probably quite grateful and rightfully so.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]But there’s this fringe of faceless, subterranean losers who spend their existence in lonely obscurity who have never crossed paths with true love, never felt it firsthand, never found out what it’s like to be special to someone, who might conceive of love in the same way explorers once conceived of El Dorado or the Fountain of Youth. I am a lifelong member of this loner club and there is nothing in my mind more fantastical than the thought of being granted real love. So that’s what I’d wish for in a heartbeat, without hesitating.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Short of that miracle being rendered through a magical stone from heaven or a genie or a freakin shooting star or an act of God, the idea of true love for me remains like a sort of cryptid in my world. It’s like the Loch Ness Monster, the Yeti, Bigfoot, or Chupacabra. There are stories and legends told about it. A possible sighting here and there. Alleged photographic evidence. Sure, it’s possible that it actually exists, but it’s easier to accept the notion that it’s simply a hoax, an illusion, or a hapless pipe dream— for me at least.[/FONT]

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Weeeeellllll... I don't know. I'm 40 and never even been on a date before, but I wouldn't consider myself a faceless loser on the fringe. I prefer thinking of myself as somebody living his life, open to love, but not having found it yet. I don't get too hung up over it - it's something I don't have, may have someday, but if I never find it there's still a lot of life to live.

Though I object to being lumped in with a group of faceless losers, I have to say you have a knack for painting with words. The analogy of love as a rare creature that you have heard about, maybe a rumor of a rare sighting somewhere, that was very apt. :cool:

Apr 22, 2018
thank you lynx.... and dont worry, i wouldnt lump you in with the group of faceless losers. membership to this group is voluntary. i would only speak for myself as one... i didnt want to say im the only one in the world who fits into that category because that would sound ridiculously egocentric and self-absorbed/self-pitying. i mean, we all fail at things, we all lose things, to the extent that we are a 'loser' is really our own perception. if u don't get too hung up on this like i do, more power to you. i wrote this post originally as a quora response about one wish i would make if i could.
thanks for your compliment and i hope i didnt offend u.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I know one miracle I pray for, that is the ability to read teeny-tiny microscopic print! :)

Apr 22, 2018
sorry i'm still learning about this site and had no idea the print would look this tiny once i saved it. and it's frustrating to not be able to edit the work afterwards because there's usually something left out or that needs fixing once i first think it's finished. if i could've edited it i would've certainly increased the size.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Yes, I wish they would allow us to set a default size so it doesn't revert back to tiny every time!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
thank you lynx.... and dont worry, i wouldnt lump you in with the group of faceless losers. membership to this group is voluntary. i would only speak for myself as one... i didnt want to say im the only one in the world who fits into that category because that would sound ridiculously egocentric and self-absorbed/self-pitying. i mean, we all fail at things, we all lose things, to the extent that we are a 'loser' is really our own perception. if u don't get too hung up on this like i do, more power to you. i wrote this post originally as a quora response about one wish i would make if i could.
thanks for your compliment and i hope i didnt offend u.
That makes sense, and thank you for explaining.

Apr 22, 2018
You’re welcome. I’m new on here and i know a lot of what i share is dark, melancholy and reflective of my loneliness/depression and recent feelings of hopelessness. Not only with love but life in general. Know that I would never intend to insult anyone on here. I do a lot of self-bashing because, well, I’ve always been my worst critic, have issues with self esteem and im not happy with where i am right now. Im trying to get right with God and I invite Him to transform my heart and guide me. That’s a large part of why I’m here, seeking Christian influence, connection and positive energy.

A

AuntieAnt

I agree with Lynx. You are a talented writer. I hope to goodness you consider publishing someday. I'll bet you could write some captivating stories. Maybe you're the next Steinbeck, writing about human conflict with great empathy and hope.

Apr 22, 2018
AHhh you're too kind AuntieAnt... ;-) that means a lot. Creative writing is my passion and if I could make a living off of it I certainly would. I've been doing more recently to showcase some of my work online through being a regular contributor to the website Quora, sharing my writing with the online Support Community called 7cups and also posting a lot of my work on different websites... Here's the sad thing though, over the past 6 months or so, while I've had significant "down time" during my unemployment, I haven't been able to do my creative writing as I would love to. The depression has beaten me down and sucked me dry. It's horrible... I can't tell you how much I wish I could work on my stories right now. I wasn't able to produce much writing when I was working as a teacher, which was one of the main reasons I knew I couldn't stay in that career. It exhausted me, stressed me out too much and I need to have my writing as my outlet. I was very immersed in writing a novel for several months and was highly energized by it... But after a few months into unemployment I hit a wall and I've been stuck in inertia ever since. I hate this. I make a prayer request that God can help restore my creative energy (and of course I need to find a new career I will be happy in). Pray for me Auntie :) thanks. God bless.