One will be taken, one left

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 18, 2017
Question==Is this a rapture verse??
Possibly. Verses 42 and 44 are for believers. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come...Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Verse 28 (about the carcass and the eagles) does not come after verse 37.

But verses 42 and 44 tie into the parable of the ten virgins (chapter 25:13) where the Bridegroom comes for His Bride (which is the Church). Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. When it is "your Lord" that is strictly for believers. And when it is the Bridegroom who comes then that is clearly the Rapture.

Also the Second Coming of Christ is AFTER the Tribulation and the Great Tribulatiom, which have nothing to do with the Church.

Aug 3, 2018
Possibly. Verses 42 and 44 are for believers. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come...Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
I think the post you quoted (of Omegatime's) was him quoting from Luke 17.

And you are referring to verses in Matt24 (basically the same Subject).

My question to you, in view of what you've written in the above portion ^ (quoted at top), "who" is it that you believe the following text is referring to, by the use of the word "lord"? :

"The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers." - Lk12:46

(which verse I believe is part of a context which is PARALLEL to Matt24:42-51, and with its "THEREFORE" also connecting the previous verses, the ones about "taken" and "left" in Matt24).

So my question to you is, WHO is the "lord" of that servant, in this verse, in your view?

[for the readers (for clarity): I do believe there will be people coming to faith in Christ FOLLOWING "our Rapture," when THEY are IN the TRIB yrs--"our Rapture [/SNATCH]" does not pertain to them]

Sep 13, 2022
34 I tell you, in that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 There will be two women grinding together; one will be taken and the other left.” 37 And they said to him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the body is, there the eagles[f] will be gathered together.”

34 I tell you, in that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 There will be two women grinding together; one will be taken and the other left.” 37 And they said to him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the body is, there the eagles[f] will be gathered together.”

Understand that in Math 24 Christ foretold of the coming Antichrist. Those verses relate to the appearance of Satan (Antichrist) claiming to be God and that he would lead many astray. Many will be deceived into worshipping Satan as God. These are the ones that are taken by Antichrist being deceived thinking he is God. The ones that are left are the ones that will make a stand against him to expose his lies. Math 10:16-20, Mark 13:9-11, Luke 21:12-15.

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018

It doesn't seem to be. I think it's a 2nd coming (Rev 19) verse. One taken in death: body/eagles gathered.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021

It is the gathering of the Jews to Jerusalem. You have two events going on, the removal of evil ones and the gathering of the Jews.
In Luke 17 after it says those folks will be destroyed verse 31 says In that day. That: is the word ekeinos, which is defined thusly: that one (or neut. that thing), often intensified by the article preceding.

Matthew 24 breaking down the chronology of one event following another uses the word, and then or then. Matthew 24:5- 8 Which some say are the 4 seals being opened and I tend to agree. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Verse 9 is then seen as the 5th seal, 9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. So whether one agrees with that or not we have chronology in that one thing happens then something else follows it. Verse 10 after the event of of verse 9 says, And then shall many be offended,

So you have that through Matthew the scripture will read, then or and then, which both means the same thing, at that time or will happen after the preceding event.

So Matthew 24:37-39 reads, 37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Then verse 40 reads, 40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Which matches the old testament prophecies as God talks how he will destroy and clear Jerusalem and then after such he gathers the Jews to Jerusalem. Same picture of the flood he cleared the earth or land then returned those on the ark to the earth or the land.

Zephaniah 3:8 says, Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Which the Lord also refers to this at the start of Zephaniah using the same language he did of the flood. Zephaniah 1:2-3 says,
I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.

3I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD.

Genesis 3:7 says, And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Verse 13 says, And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

So in Matthew 24 and Luke 17 we have two separate events going on where God cleanses then he gathers and returns after he has.

After he has cleansed he then says in Zephaniah 3: 9 says, For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Zephaniah 3:18-20 says,
I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.

19Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.

20At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.

Which is also said in Isaiah 27:12 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.

13And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

So after the removal, cleansing, or destruction you have the Lord returning them one by one just as it says one in the field, one in the bed, one at the grinding stone.

In Matthew 24:39 when he says that the flood took them away it is the word airó, which is used thusly, I raise, lift up, take away, remove.

Broken down further in Strong's it says the word is used thusly, h. to take from among the living, either by a natural death or by violence, Matthew 24:39;

https://biblehub.com/greek/142.htm

One shall be taken is the word paralambanó, and used thusly: I take from, receive from, or: I take to, receive (apparently not used of money), admit, acknowledge; I take with me.

Broken down again by Strong's it says it is used thusly: 1. to take to (cf. παρά, IV. 1), to take with oneself, to join to oneself: Matthew 24:40, 41; Luke 17:34-36;

https://biblehub.com/greek/3880.htm

So we have two different events and what you ask of is when our Lord will gather the Jews.

Jul 18, 2017
So my question to you is, WHO is the "lord" of that servant, in this verse, in your view?
The servant is a PROFESSING CHRISTIAN. Therefore Christ is his Lord, but only superficially. So basically he is not saved but regards himself as a Christian. But as you can see, the others are indeed the Lord's servants, and no genuine Christian can be grouped with unbelievers. At the Rapture all genuine Christians will be "taken" to Heaven. But those who are more professors will be "left behind".

As to the carcasses and the eagles (carrion) that is described in Revelation 19 for the aftermath of the battle of Armageddon. That is the first event on earth after the Second Coming of Christ.

Aug 3, 2018
The servant is a PROFESSING CHRISTIAN. Therefore Christ is his Lord, but only superficially. So basically he is not saved but regards himself as a Christian. But as you can see, the others are indeed the Lord's servants, and no genuine Christian can be grouped with unbelievers. At the Rapture all genuine Christians will be "taken" to Heaven. But those who are more professors will be "left behind".
Okay, so (still talking about Lk12:46's context) what would you say that verse 36 means, where it says, "...like unto men who wait for their lord, WHEN HE WILL RETURN FROM THE WEDDING; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. 37 BLESSED are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching..." ?

[again, for the readers (for clarity): I believe there will be people who will be coming to faith in Christ FOLLOWING "our Rapture," when they are IN the Trib yrs--"our Rapture [/SNATCH - G726]" does not pertain to them... they will never "lift off" the earth, but will be PRESENT there, upon His RETURN to the earth Rev19]

Oct 24, 2012

You might find "The thief in the night" series, produced in the 1980's I bet you might love it.
Very interesting the first movie about people missing and others left behind. Kids put this together and there was never a dry eye in the audience I saw ever.
Whenever, anyone's day happens it happens. I cannot predict any future events, just get snippets of possibilities. the best I see to do is live in the present given me, it is the present from God to us all through risen Son for me at least.
Hoping for all to turn to stand in trust to God daily. For by God in risen Son we are freed to be new in love God's type of Love in 1 Cor 13:4-7 to get imputed in us too, thank you
believe, receive and see astonishingly