ONE YEAR TO LIVE, ONE DISEASE TO HAVE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

Hey everyone! This is a spin-off of the 365 tomorrows thread. :) Here is the question: If God came to you and said "I am giving you one more year to live, and I'm going to give you a disease, but I will let YOU choose the disease,"

1.) What disease would you choose to have, and why?

2.) How would you spend your last year of life?

I would choose to have cancer again, because it taught me so much about God and myself the first time around. :) I would spend my year reconnecting with people I have hurt, and ask their forgiveness, and I would accept apologies and forgive those who have hurt me. I would repent my lifetime sins to God and ask for his forgiveness and mercy. I would ask him to make my exit from this life as quiet, peaceful and painless as possible. :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Hey everyone! This is a spin-off of the 365 tomorrows thread. :) Here is the question: If God came to you and said "I am giving you one more year to live, and I'm going to give you a disease, but I will let YOU choose the disease,"

1.) What disease would you choose to have, and why?

2.) How would you spend your last year of life?

I would choose to have cancer again, because it taught me so much about God and myself the first time around. :) I would spend my year reconnecting with people I have hurt, and ask their forgiveness, and I would accept apologies and forgive those who have hurt me. I would repent my lifetime sins to God and ask for his forgiveness and mercy. I would ask him to make my exit from this life as quiet, peaceful and painless as possible. :)
Oh Jeez Blue you scared the snot out of me. I saw this thread title and that you started it and thought you said you have a deasese and have one year to live and I was terrified but then I saw the rest and was like Holy cow thank you lord lol.
My reply would be the same as you cancer because If i got cancer again as i have imaged many times as mine can always come back at any time I would say to myself and to God this is going to be how I will show my faith love and trust in the Lord. Truly it would be the ultimate tests of faith and I would tackle that and glorify God.

I have a very strange way of thinking

C

Charcoal

would it be OK to choose Tourette's and then go tell people what i really think ;)

E

ELECT

I would chose Jesusitis it would be sweettttttttt

G

GaryA

"But... But... But... You can do all of that without having a disease --- can't you...?" ;)

:)

Aug 2, 2009
I'd like to have hyperthyroidism so I can eat everything in sight and never gain weight. Aside from that, I'd like to live in hawaii and just surf, sightsee and enjoy the gorgeous sunsets from the balcony of my beachfront condo with an ice cold diet dr pepper in one hand, and my future wife's hand in the other. :D

corona_find_your_beach.jpg

H

Ho11y

I'd like to have hyperthyroidism so I can eat everything in sight and never gain weight. Aside from that, I'd like to live in hawaii and just surf, sightsee and enjoy the gorgeous sunsets from the balcony of my beachfront condo with an ice cold diet dr pepper in one hand, and my future wife's hand in the other. :D

View attachment 89997
Yeah....I want that disease!

H

Hellooo

My dad got diagnosed with this about 2 years ago -- to me, the thin physique isn't worth the constant fatigue and some of the other symptoms, it's physically very draining.

djness

May 16, 2014
I've been thinking on and off about this thread and how to respond without any expletives.
I really think this is pretty screwed up to be honest, the world is hard enough as it is and you want to play a game of what illness can God give me to pass the time?
Lots of people on this site are going through trials with health be they short term or long term.
This is the kind of thing we have the luxury to sit around and shoot the breeze about?
What if God gave me an illness and one year to live what would I pick? On top of the ones most of us already have deal with you want to see how we would respond to this?
This seems so sadly and ironically ignorant especially given some or most of you even posting here have been through or still have major illnesses.