ONE YEAR TO LIVE, ONE DISEASE TO HAVE

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Senior Member
Feb 21, 2014
70,985
9,742
113

Hey everyone! This is a spin-off of the 365 tomorrows thread. :) Here is the question: If God came to you and said "I am giving you one more year to live, and I'm going to give you a disease, but I will let YOU choose the disease,"

1.) What disease would you choose to have, and why?

2.) How would you spend your last year of life?

I would choose to have cancer again, because it taught me so much about God and myself the first time around. :) I would spend my year reconnecting with people I have hurt, and ask their forgiveness, and I would accept apologies and forgive those who have hurt me. I would repent my lifetime sins to God and ask for his forgiveness and mercy. I would ask him to make my exit from this life as quiet, peaceful and painless as possible. :)
 
Blue, it's amazing how you chose cancer because I also would have chosen cancer because if i ever did get cancer again I would use it to glorify God and would use it to show my faith and trust and love in God. It's a curse to many ppl but to me it's a blessing because God's heart will be shining through it:)
 
I would not choose a disease, I’m talking to G-d He can just take me away in a cloud. The second question is the interesting one. I first thought I would bring as many people to Him as I can, because it was my last days and I want to do the most important thing I can. Then I realized, I don’t know when my last days really are, I should be doing the most important thing I can right now. Truly a great topic!
 
II think I would choose Cancer as well. It would be the one I would most likely end up with anyways. As it runs high in my family. I would spend my time seeing Gods beautiful Earth with my Dogs and my kids. I would try to make my self at peace knowing I did what I could do to reconnect my relationship with my mother even though she shows no change and only shows she could care less about me. I am only really close to my sisiers, my Dad, my kids and a few other people. I would definitly go see my friend Maria. After my travels and close to my dying point if Maria found out she had her cancer come back I would go to Georiga and Live the rest of my life out with her fellow shipping and enjoy my final days getting close to her.
 
I would choose to have ebola. Because it's incurable, and because it would leave me with only a year to live and maybe even less. Plus it would give me the opportunity to do SO MANY things I've always wanted to do, but can't. Good things, which will help people. Run up mountains to raise money for sick children, I would travel to countries like Africa and do my best to help them. And I would also do stuff for me, stuff which I can enjoy. No more living to try to be perfect like everyone expects me to, I'd just get to help people, travel and do stuff which I enjoy. And at the end, I would die happy and glad to be rid of this depressing, horrible world.