Oneness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
This kind of "theology" is about as fruitful as "how many angels can...."

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
A friend brought me to a oneness unity church a long time ago where a woman pastor would begin praying with, "father mother god. I was having problems following her sermon and then she ended by saying, if your car is out of gas you can think positive because the "E" on your gas tank really stands for "E"nough not "E"mpty. I thought this was strange theology so I never went back to learn more about oneness unity. Thats about all that I know about oneness.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Yer gotta remember there are lot of looney's out there....

It's now at 80 cents to the US dollar.....:p

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Yer gotta remember there are lot of looney's out there....

It's now at 80 cents to the US dollar.....:p
It's only gonna get worse as the US loses its marbles..

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Goodmorning all or goodevening all, depending on which side of the equator you are living on
There is a teaching going around in our region as "Oneness" does anyone have any insight on this teaching?
Thank you
This study will answer your question...

Jul 23, 2017
Whats up uce nice to see u here. polynesians taking over.
i think that da oneness teaching is wrong because the bible makes a clear distinction between tha Father and tha Son while saying they both are God.

John 1:1 has the Word facing God and both are called God. we know there is only one God so trinity is da only solution that makes sense.

Dec 19, 2009
Goodmorning all or goodevening all, depending on which side of the equator you are living on
There is a teaching going around in our region as "Oneness" does anyone have any insight on this teaching?
Thank you
I don’t know if it’s related to this or not:

[4] "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD;
[5] and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.” Deut 6:4-5 RSV

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Thank you
FYI, day and night is determined by which side of the hemisphere you are living on, not the equator....

125a.png

Does it the 'oneness' sound like this? LINK

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I once had a Oneness Pentecostal approach me while I was delivering mail and she tried to convince me that there is no Trinity and also that a person must be water baptized in "Jesus name only" in order to be saved. She said baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit was "invalid" and such a person remains lost.

She also told me to go home that night and read Acts 2:38 and baptize myself in the bathtub in "Jesus name only." She gave me the creeps! I was waiting for her to hand me the Kool Aid!
:eek:

CS1

May 23, 2012
Thank you
actually it has been here for some time now LOL going back many years Modalism/ Sabellianism . it is the contrast to the Trinity doctrine. many also emphasis being baptized in the Name of Jesus Only to be saved. they are a sect outside of orthodox Christianity .

there is also "Oneness" cult coming out of Unitarian , Buddhism, and hinduism. aka all roads can lead to god. this too has crept into some church of Christianity as of late some church leaders like the Pope have verbally said Islam is a way to god .

Jul 23, 2017
I once had a Oneness Pentecostal approach me while I was delivering mail and she tried to convince me that there is no Trinity and also that a person must be water baptized in "Jesus name only" in order to be saved. She said baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit was "invalid" and such a person remains lost.

She also told me to go home that night and read Acts 2:38 and baptize myself in the bathtub in "Jesus name only." She gave me the creeps! I was waiting for her to hand me the Kool Aid!
thats crazy Jesus said to do it how can it be wrong. one more false teaching to da list of growing end time deceptions. ive noticed that if u cant find anyone to baptize u it means u probably belong to a cult if u have to baptize urself.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Strange... never read about anyone baptizing themselves in the bible... oh but that's right the bible is more like (guide lines) right?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Thank you
The following mystic is what a oneness pentecostal apologist teaches about God. "Jesus is the Word, the God, the flesh, the Spirit, the man, the Father, the Son, the Alpha & Omega, the Lord God Almighty, he is all!

In other words Jesus all of these "modes" or manifestations of the one God. Of course it's easy to see the problems that this teaching does to the Scriptures especially if Jesus Christ is actually God the Father. For instance, who was speaking at Mark 1:11? "and a voice came out of the heavens; "Thou art My beloved Son, in Thee I am well-pleased." This group is also known as "Jesus only" group.

Just google oneness pentecostals for more information. Btw, in what region are you located? PS: They also believe you must speak in tongues to be saved, you have to be water baptized by them only to be saved and they are extremely legalistic. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

CS1

May 23, 2012
The following mystic is what a oneness pentecostal apologist teaches about God. "Jesus is the Word, the God, the flesh, the Spirit, the man, the Father, the Son, the Alpha & Omega, the Lord God Almighty, he is all!

In other words Jesus all of these "modes" or manifestations of the one God. Of course it's easy to see the problems that this teaching does to the Scriptures especially if Jesus Christ is actually God the Father. For instance, who was speaking at Mark 1:11? "and a voice came out of the heavens; "Thou art My beloved Son, in Thee I am well-pleased." This group is also known as "Jesus only" group.

Just google oneness pentecostals for more information. Btw, in what region are you located? PS: They also believe you must speak in tongues to be saved, you have to be water baptized by them only to be saved and they are extremely legalistic. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
hey Bluto there are Oness who hold the Baptism in the name of Jesus Oly who are not Pentecostals did you know that ?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
hey Bluto there are Oness who hold the Baptism in the name of Jesus Oly who are not Pentecostals did you know that ?
No, I didn't know that? What name do they go by? Just plain Apostolics without the pentecostal part? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

dexflores

Jan 3, 2018
believing that there is only one GOD and that is Jesus

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Thank you
Oneness Pentecostalism

Godhead

One of the two most distinguishing beliefs and practices within Oneness Pentecostalism (along with Jesus Only baptism — see below) is modalism. Oneness Pentecostals deny the Trinity, believing instead that the monotheistic God simply "manifests" Himself in the offices or roles of the members of the Trinity. For example, one statement of Oneness beliefsclaims:
God is absolutely one, with no distinction of persons. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:8; 45:5-6, 21-23; 46:9 Romans 3:30; Galatians 3:20; James 2:19). In order to save sinful humanity, God provided a sinless Man as a sacrifice of atonement —Jesus Christ, the Son of God. In begetting the Son and in relating to humanity, God is the Father. In working to transform and empower human lives, God is the Holy Spirit. Thus, for our salvation, God has revealed Himself as Father (inparental relationship to humanity), in His Son (in human flesh), and as the Holy Spirit (in spiritual action). (Malachi 2:10; Luke 1:35; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; 1Timothy 2:5).

The United Pentecostal Church International,

https://www.theopedia.com/oneness-pentecostalism

Last edited: