Only God

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

"
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first." —Revelation 2:4

Before I was saved, I could hear absolutely nothing spiritual at all. After I was saved, my ears were opened—not only to the Lord, but also to other spiritual entities. Sometimes I heard angels; other times I heard demons. At least twice, I am fairly sure I heard directly from Satan. It seems like it would be easy to know the difference, but discernment of the spirits was not a gift of mine. I tried very hard to listen to the Lord and tune the others out.

Then things changed after I met up with an old friend. She also had spiritual ears, and I tried to be open minded about the angels she said she could hear over the next year or so. During this time, the Lord spoke to me clearly and repeated the Bible reference "Revelation 2:4." I would flip there, read it, and feel confused why He said I had forsaken my love for Him. He said it so often that I no longer had to flip there because I had memorized it.

Over time, my friend and I drifted apart. I realized the love I had forsaken Him for were these meaningless voices of angels. (Who even knows if they were angels?) I returned to asking only for the Lord to help me, praying to the Lord only, and for the Holy Spirit to help me discern His voice. There is no other entity on earth that can help anywhere near as much as my powerful one and only God. Praise be to Him!