Only Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 29, 2016
When you care too much of what people think of you

When you care too much of wanting people to satisfy you to make you feel good about yourself

When you care too much of wanting to be accepted, validated, loved, and known by others

You just end up putting yourself in unnecessary situations of getting hurt

Truth be told, you're hurting yourself when you listen to the lies of your enemy

Insecurity screaming that you're not good enough

And so you get offended quickly when someone is insensitive or rude

Says something hurtful without intention of hurting you

But you perceive it negatively, as in they're "attacking" your worth

Looking down on you and not appreciating your efforts

Or seeing you as a person

Rejection stings

Failure bites

In anger, you retaliate to make them feel "wronged"

For any offense or hurt they've caused

When it's you who's actually causing more harm

Adding more fuel to the fire

Drinking bitter poison and wanting them to suffer

Drunk with rage, stupidity, and immature pettiness

That wears a mask called "victim"

Blinded by your prideful conceit

Twisted by a lie

All it takes is a seed

Planted in your mind

Taking root at the heart

Left unchecked, it'll grow like a weed

You reap what you sow, only you to blame

Logic tried to warn you, but you wouldn't listen

You trusted your feelings, and they were misguided

What's done is done, no turning back now

You've burned your bridges and severed trusted connections

Over a simple and worthless lie

Though you cover yourself in shame and regret

Knowing that you can never go back to the way things were

Using them as lessons and guides

To return to the One who's been there all along

Took you longer than it should have

For the words "I love you, you are mine."

To finally sink in and accept that it is enough

Keep moving forward, growing more in understanding

Aware of the infinite love, of the One who is and will always be

John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-10, Ephesians 3:14-19, Jeremiah 31:3, Psalm 16:5-11, Matthew 28:20

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Couldn't agree more!!! Great name choice!!!

This has been my cross to bear most of my life, but He teaches that it He died to save us from ourselves and our insecurities that produces self absorption. He died for all our sins rooted in love-less selfishness and pride.

It still feels good to be accepted and approved, to be encouraged is awesome. God gave us each other to be kind to one another, showing patience and consideration even when admonishment is necessary.

However, expecting or chasing those things, constantly yearning for validation is one Heaven of a painful, exhausting and irritating stone to trip on. Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!

His Grace is sufficient. He is our Refuge NOT man!!

Speaking for myself, fleshly habits resurface from time to time but today as another user pointed out a song that says everyone gets stones, we are not alone.

It made me look at the stones, and how they are actually precious. I mean, with Him, they become tools of reproof and of usability.

They can help us learn a lesson and when it hurts and when we don't understand why, maybe it serves us to lean on God's words and love (actions), rather than mans.

One time not too long ago, I ran across resistence. It happens to us all. Old familiar habbits of my flesh messes with my walk, from time to time, as I started to lick my wound, barrrooo, and bless my heart, SELF-Pity was running a muck, AGAIN... lol.

Using the words of another, He dangled these words from heaven.

Stop regarding man, whose breath of life is in his nostrils; For why should he be esteemed?
Isaiah 2:22 NASB

Yup less of me, MORE of He. Not just so I can have peace and comfort, but the community, the Kingdom of God, calls for actions and words that point to Him not us.

Nov 29, 2016
Couldn't agree more!!! Great name choice!!!

This has been my cross to bear most of my life, but He teaches that it He died to save us from ourselves and our insecurities that produces self absorption. He died for all our sins rooted in love-less selfishness and pride.

It still feels good to be accepted and approved, to be encouraged is awesome. God gave us each other to be kind to one another, showing patience and consideration even when admonishment is necessary.

However, expecting or chasing those things, constantly yearning for validation is one Heaven of a painful, exhausting and irritating stone to trip on. Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!

His Grace is sufficient. He is our Refuge NOT man!!

Speaking for myself, fleshly habits resurface from time to time but today as another user pointed out a song that says everyone gets stones, we are not alone.

It made me look at the stones, and how they are actually precious. I mean, with Him, they become tools of reproof and of usability.

They can help us learn a lesson and when it hurts and when we don't understand why, maybe it serves us to lean on God's words and love (actions), rather than mans.

One time not too long ago, I ran across resistence. It happens to us all. Old familiar habbits of my flesh messes with my walk, from time to time, as I started to lick my wound, barrrooo, and bless my heart, SELF-Pity was running a muck, AGAIN... lol.

Using the words of another, He dangled these words from heaven.

Stop regarding man, whose breath of life is in his nostrils; For why should he be esteemed?
Isaiah 2:22 NASB

Yup less of me, MORE of He. Not just so I can have peace and comfort, but the community, the Kingdom of God, calls for actions and words that point to Him not us.

Hey! I'm sorry for my late response! Thank you for your kind words and I'm happy that you could relate to this. This is my cross to bear as well, and has been for some time. I don't know why I kept trying to look for satisfaction, love, and acceptance in people when God has shown me time and time again that He is enough. But I've backslidden so hard that I pretty much forgotten what I have learned from Him. It's crazy how forgetful we are and the farther away we are from God, it becomes much harder to see past the deception of our sin that has blinded us to the Truth of God's Word. When we're not progressing in our walk with God, then we are on our way to backsliding, and the farther we continue on backsliding, the worse the outcome will be and we won't even realize we're sinking under the sand until God pulls us out and wounds us with His gracious and tender discipline to get rid of all that "gunk" we've buried in our hearts and prunes us. That is why we must never forget the Lord in our lives, and the only way to do that is to constantly be in the Word, letting it transform our hearts and minds, and surrounding ourselves with a community of fellow believers to strengthen us, and prayer. I wish I knew why I allowed myself to backslide and forget the things that Lord has shown me, but I thank Him for never leaving or forsaking me and for bringing those reminders to my mind sharper through hard lessons I caused for myself. I wouldn't have gotten so easily offended and insecure of myself had I been secure in who God says I am and in who He says He is. I'm still learning this and growing in maturity. But I'm so grateful for the tremendous patience and kindness God's shown me each time I stumbled, and for revealing my sin and all its deception. There is freedom in Christ and in surrendered obedience to Him. So let us continue to walk in His ways until the day our Savior arrives.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Oh no worries on the delay, for the timing of your OP and this seems spot on, all for His Glory. Your story so resonates with mine, and many I am sure.

I appreciate what you wrote here..

I don't know why I kept trying to look for satisfaction, love, and acceptance in people when God has shown me time and time again that He is enough

and...

I thank Him for never leaving or forsaking me and for bringing those reminders to my mind sharper through hard lessons I caused for myself. I wouldn't have gotten so easily offended and insecure of myself had I been secure in who God says I am and in who He says He is (bam so spot on, yup, me too) I'm still learning this and growing in maturity. But I'm so grateful for the tremendous patience and kindness God's shown me each time I stumbled, and for revealing my sin and all its deception. There is freedom in Christ and in surrendered obedience to Him. So let us continue to walk in His ways until the day our Savior arrives.

Yes, at His feet, we are encouraged to walk. Yes yes yes. God Bless you. Thanks again for you reminded me God is working, and to remain in His word.