ooooo and nooo 'x's' . Are you a hugger? How/Who do you ((hug)) ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Are you a hugger bugger?
Hug one people group differently? Family, friends.
Those seeming (not saying) uncomfortable with hugs, do you hug them still?

This isn't as much a thread of boyfriend/girlfriend hugging. We get that.

But, yeah, who do you hug and how do you hug them?

We wanna know how touchy-feely you are :D

I will leave you with this, God is Love :) Can a hug be a witnessing tool to family , relatives, and, of course, friends, and,, what about what a G-ASP! HUG to an enemy ?

OK, neighbors, start huggging . :D

Hugs, green

K

keep_on_smiling

It really use to bother me when people would hug me, but my family LOVES their hugs (mum's side anyway) so I have grown very used to them. I hug my family and my church family. My church family is a bit different because I don't hug guys that aren't married, but apart from that my fellowship is big on hugs.

I hug my friends that are comfortable with it or that need one.

I find that hugs are indeed a huge witnessing tool. Sadly, many people don't receive hugs and a hug can do amazing things. I have had people that were so blessed by a hug that they have cried. Often times I get children that come up to me and want a hug (I work in schools). It breaks my heart because they desire that attention/love so much, but because of the ways things have changed its not allowed in schools.

J

Jullianna

I am definitely a hugger. I hug family and close friends.

I do not do that fakey kissy face thing tho. :p

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I do not like hugs.

Do not hug me.

;):p

G

GreenNnice

It really use to bother me when people would hug me, but my family LOVES their hugs (mum's side anyway) so I have grown very used to them. I hug my family and my church family. My church family is a bit different because I don't hug guys that aren't married, but apart from that my fellowship is big on hugs.

I hug my friends that are comfortable with it or that need one.

I find that hugs are indeed a huge witnessing tool. Sadly, many people don't receive hugs and a hug can do amazing things. I have had people that were so blessed by a hug that they have cried. Often times I get children that come up to me and want a hug (I work in schools). It breaks my heart because they desire that attention/love so much, but because of the ways things have changed its not allowed in schools.
Cried from.hugs. That speaks loads of the power of this simple, random, kindness, act, SmileOn. :)

I am definitely a hugger. I hug family and close friends.

I do not do that fakey kissy face thing tho. :p
And that would be what, julieannie? Fakey kissy face thing??

I do not like hugs.

Do not hug me.

;):p
Aww, littlechristianfry, you sure do sound like you need a hug right now :D

M

myselfdiscovery

I find people who hug almost everyone a little out of my comfort zone, their hugs are like hand shakes

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I have absolutely giving a good strong hug to those close to me, male or female. I see absolutely nothing wrong with an appropriate show of affection among men and am in no way embarrassed by it.

K

kayem77

I like to hug my close friends and family :) I'm not exactly a hugger but I can be affectionate towards some people.

I find interesting that Americans are less affectionate when it comes to saying hi or goodbye...I still get confused sometimes because I got the custom from Mexico of kissing on the cheek everytime you say hello or goodbye, even if you don't know the person. Sometimes I still forget people don't do that here and then I feel awkward after doing it.....very awkward.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I dont mind being hugged. I'm one of those people though, if your gonna shake my hand or your gonna hug me you better do it like you mean it. You know how some women when they hug you or shake your hand you can hardly even feel it... it's like wait......... what just happened??? They put their hand in yours and its like there hands totally limp. Or they put their arms around you to hug you, but you dont even feel anything. Those are the worst.

A

AnandaHya

Are you a hugger bugger?
Hug one people group differently? Family, friends.
Those seeming (not saying) uncomfortable with hugs, do you hug them still?

This isn't as much a thread of boyfriend/girlfriend hugging. We get that.

But, yeah, who do you hug and how do you hug them?

We wanna know how touchy-feely you are :D

I will leave you with this, God is Love :) Can a hug be a witnessing tool to family , relatives, and, of course, friends, and,, what about what a G-ASP! HUG to an enemy ?

OK, neighbors, start huggging . :D

Hugs, green
lol we (my brothers and I) launched a hugging campaign on my mom. our family was never touch feely type but we've become americanized lol. now I basically hug everyone. though there are different types of hugs. it depends on how close you feel to the person. kids hugs are the best ;)

ps. i still shake hands with most guys unless they are friends and hug girls if they are the huggie type lol. its more about what they are comfortable with.

Last edited:
May 29, 2012
I dont mind being hugged. I'm one of those people though, if your gonna shake my hand or your gonna hug me you better do it like you mean it. You know how some women when they hug you or shake your hand you can hardly even feel it... it's like wait......... what just happened??? They put their hand in yours and its like there hands totally limp. Or they put their arms around you to hug you, but you dont even feel anything. Those are the worst.
I know if your gonna do it. please mean it, make it count for you never know it may be your last one.

May 29, 2012
I was not a big hugger till I got saved. I was welcomed to the family by a group of older ladies, and I couldn't get away to prevent them form hugging on me. It was like your invatting my private space get away from me, but it felt nice after a while. Untill the sloppy wet kisses on the cheek came on. :-(
Now I recieve as well as give hugs to all I meet, only half side embrace to some ladies that may or may not like them keeping it safe. Just in case they are in the place I just to be.

Dec 20, 2011
I lovelovelove hugs! :D They are definitely the best! I love giving and getting big bear hugs from my aunts and uncles and couins and their wives. It makes me feel all warm and loved. I am definitely a hugger with my girl friends too. Its how we say Hi and bye and sorry when we're joking.

I dont really hug my guy friends much, and when I do its more of a side hug, working at a super conservative Christian camp we actually got a talk about how if your hugging a man you need to careful not to be putting your chest all up on em, whether its intentional or not.

I have one guy friend where not hugging is not an option, its turned into a running gag where I will run as fast as i can in the opposite direction and he chases and I end up enveloped in the biggest bear hug ever. His wife and I have been close friends for forever and I've made sure she's comfortable with it. I'd hate to alienate one friend for the affection shown to another.

Last edited:
T

the_broken_hearted

I used to hate hugs. Majorly. My family is not very affectionate, and because of my past (being physically abused) I was always afraid of hugs. That was until I got saved. I met this guy in our college ministry and he was constantly breaking the touchy feely barrier. He would hug every time I saw him, he'd hug from behind, he'd put his hands over my eyes...But for some reason our leader made a rule that because of guy's and their thoughts, we were not allowed to hug anymore, but he broke that rule all the time. I really enjoyed having that bond, and being able to be touched without getting hurt, until he married one the girl that was praying over me when I got saved...Bummer. I dislike hugs again since I haven't recieved one since 2009..

G

GreenNnice

I used to hate hugs. Majorly. My family is not very affectionate, and because of my past (being physically abused) I was always afraid of hugs. That was until I got saved. I met this guy in our college ministry and he was constantly breaking the touchy feely barrier. He would hug every time I saw him, he'd hug from behind, he'd put his hands over my eyes...But for some reason our leader made a rule that because of guy's and their thoughts, we were not allowed to hug anymore, but he broke that rule all the time. I really enjoyed having that bond, and being able to be touched without getting hurt, until he married one the girl that was praying over me when I got saved...Bummer. I dislike hugs again since I haven't recieved one since 2009..
Sounds like God blessed her for saving you, but that guy was seemingly too touchy-feely for you, anyway.
Interesting, too, why youth leader made rule of guys not hugging girls, I didn't hug many when attending singles group at church but there were a few girls , couple guys pretty good friends with and seeing them once a week was a hug occassion. But, yeah, mostly handshakes in singles group for girls and I hugged also in that environment was a 10 year younger kid I helped grow Himself in God a couple years, 2004-05. I also hugged the youth pastor and his wife and a band member or two and their wives but everyone knew me with my heart on Lord as I was always totally open with everyone about me and helping young kid maybe means people want to hug you more, idk. 'Course, my life is still firmly fixed on Him. I am following IAM . :)

I think its good to hug, Jesus was friendly to disciples and instances of His Love are there of affection, no?

Family is a Lord leading occassion, close family , I hug. Relatives and not as close family are a case by case basis :D

I also have a friend known 7/8 my life and he, his wife, teenage kids , get hugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 25, 2010
Why do the girls who love to hug get annoyed by side hugs??? What's wrong with a one armed hugs?lol