Opera internet browser

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Senior Member
Mar 19, 2011
14,563
1,494
113
We bought a new computer recently which has Windows 10 and it came with Opera internet browser pre-installed. According to what I read about Opera it's supposed to be fast and reliable but it seems to be completely worthless because all it does is freeze and crash. So I'm thinking it would probably be better just to go ahead and uninstall it and use either Google or Firefox
 
Or you could uninstall and reinstall Opera. If you really want to try it, that is. I used Opera for several years. I only switched to Chrome because it's more compatible with a website I need to use for work stuff.
 
I can't get offered to do anything. Is completely unresponsive. I suppose I could try to uninstall and reinstall and see if that resolves the issue
 
I use Opera all the time. It may be that the version installed on there is not the current one. The most current version of Opera is.. *takes a look*.. is version 48.0.2685.50..

If you have to, download the most current version.

p.s.. Opera IS very fast and reliable. :)
 
Last edited:
Google tracks you and FF crashes all the time. Just give Opera a try and install the latest version. :)


We bought a new computer recently which has Windows 10 and it came with Opera internet browser pre-installed. According to what I read about Opera it's supposed to be fast and reliable but it seems to be completely worthless because all it does is freeze and crash. So I'm thinking it would probably be better just to go ahead and uninstall it and use either Google or Firefox
 
It could be that this computer came with an obsolete version of Opera but it is completely unresponsive and will not do anything. Maybe it's not the latest version
 
, and I'm not really that concerned about being tracked. It's not like I'm doing anything illegal
 
Okay can you use Win 10 to download the latest version of Opera?

It could be that this computer came with an obsolete version of Opera but it is completely unresponsive and will not do anything. Maybe it's not the latest version
 
The issue might be in Windows 10. I've had all sorts of problems since "upgrading" from Windows 7. ("Upgrading". Heh.)

Windows 7 >>> Windows 10