opinions about atheists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for getting back to me. Before I answer, I felt like I needed to correct a previous statement. When I was God was outlandish, I meant to say it's outlandish to atheists, people who dont believe.

But anways, Yes I have. 2 years back. My family is not christian at all, I did all my studies with mentors and pastors as well as my own readings. My religion is whatever is right and true, i follow the lord. The Bible is an excellent guide, but I cannot hold it literally true. Think of it as 80% true, 10% stories to help us, and 10% products of the time and thats how I see it.

This is in the past tense, making it sound like there was a time in the past when you completed some particular studies or courses.

Could you tell me more about this?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I'll have to disagree with you on both counts.
There is no real basis for either proposition... it's just baseless speculation.

You might as well say the moon is made of cheese.
Proposition 2 is ludicrous.

Proposition 1 has some backing in statistics, but those numbers usually aren't crunched well or given enough context.
How about the brand new Christians who come here with questions, only to find us bickering and arguing and baiting each other? You don't think that some of them turn away thinking "well if these old - timers can't peaceably agree on anything what chance do I have?"

Since coming here I have done more study than I have in years.

Yet I, a life long Christian, have never questioned my faith more than I have as a result of what goes on here.

If you don't think this place and the way people interact here turns away prospective believers, you have severe tunnel vision my friends.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Well there ya go. A guy comes on here in another thread admitting to atheism and 'test trolling'. He didn't stay long, but long enough for the usual suspects to start the usual dog-pile on someone with a different opinion. He's probably laughing at us now, having given him the expected result of his trolling I'm sure. Laughing instead of considering - because of the face, the witness we put forward. We may not create atheists here (altho I'm still not sure), but I bet we reaffirm a lot of them here. Because we give them what they want - a true show of our 'love' in Christ.

So tell, you who know who you are, who was smarter in this exchange?