Opportunity to grow...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
You know what's cool about emotions that surface that are not so pretty, ones ever so selfish and quite petty?

They present an opportunity to celebrate the possibilities.

Huh, why is that?

When those pesky emotions rise, and they always do, from time to time, they show and demonstrate a part of self that must die. It is a good thing to identify those things that diminish our hearts capacity to live more, freely, to love more deeply, more sincerely, more richly. Doing the work to love more selflessly is always worth fighting for.

We never want these things to surface, for they never feel quite right. They can also bring us to our knees as we see things in ourselves that are far from a delight.

Ahhh, I smile inwardly and take a deep breath, not for the feeling that stings a bit, but for the opportunity to grow. Be brave wee inner child, hold on tight to the One who makes everything right. RIde out those tumultuous tides of darkened emotions, by seeking most where He abides. His strength will rise above those fragile weaker waves, and soon victory will shine all over the mind's face.

The bondage that comes with clinging to those selfish immature things that only get in the way, will no longer have its day. Freedom from self and all its inner childish tantrums is right up the road. Until then…

Thank You Lord, for loving me enough to show me not only what needs work, but also showing me that selfless love is always worth growing for.

It is so silly to fuss over thorns, for now I see why they too are good, and Lord Your grace is so much more than sufficient.

I am so thankful for Your revealing