well, what is your clan thenI fail too see what geographic location of the manufacture has to do with authenticity.
In other words, you'd just say you were from Missouri.... the "show me" state.....![]()
hmmm.... I'm not sure the Tartan Police have much sway over here..... although, I was told by our bus driver a few years back that there are more Scots living in Texas than in Scotland... of course, Scots are much like my ancestors, the Irish..... "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".....well, what is your clan then
If its not from the Scottish highlands then its not a real kilt but just an imitation and you'll be in trouble with the Scottish Tartans Authority![]()
wear a green kilt and you could acknowledge both ancestors.hmmm.... I'm not sure the Tartan Police have much sway over here..... although, I was told by our bus driver a few years back that there are more Scots living in Texas than in Scotland... of course, Scots are much like my ancestors, the Irish..... "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".....
I think Irish wore kilts some, as well, but it's the Scots that everyone thinks of when discussing kilts.
Genuine kilts in Edinburgh shops are not cheap.... the cheapest I saw were uncomfortably close to $1000, and went up quite a ways from there.
wear a green kilt and you could acknowledge both ancestors.
So, you in Texas and dont want to wear blue jeans and cowboy boots? Wont you get called up by the Sheriff for failing to conform? They be like where is your gun and you pull out a bagpipe.
Thats a sure way to get incarcerated in Texas.
The One True Scotsman."Excuse me sir. I have a question."
"Aye lass?"
"Is it true that nothing is worn under your kilt?"
"I dinna know who told ye lassie, but 'tis the truth. Everything down there is in perfect working order."
planet vulcan.well, what is your clan then
If its not from the Scottish highlands then its not a real kilt but just an imitation and you'll be in trouble with the Scottish Tartans Authority![]()
I do wear jeans and boots a lot of the time.... I only wear the hat on special dress occasions...wear a green kilt and you could acknowledge both ancestors.
So, you in Texas and dont want to wear blue jeans and cowboy boots? Wont you get called up by the Sheriff for failing to conform? They be like where is your gun and you pull out a bagpipe.
Thats a sure way to get incarcerated in Texas.
absolutely nothing, men wear skirts all over the world, africa, southeast asia, fiji...... but here in the west some people think it's wierd. which is odd given all the immigrants from all over the world in the united statesWhat's sarong with men in skirts?
The Might Samson
![]()
What is wrong with....jorts?!I do wear jeans and boots a lot of the time.... I only wear the hat on special dress occasions...
Summertime is too hot for jeans, though.... that's when the kilt would really shine.... keep breezy.....
What is wrong with....jorts?!
(jean shorts)
We called them "cut-offs".... when our jeans got worn out at the knees, we'd cut them off.(jean shorts)
What is wrong with....jorts?!
(jean shorts)
depends on how traditional the kilt is, some modern versions aren't made of wool, alot of them are synthetic, and a few like utility kilts are cotton.I dont think kilts would work in hot and humid Texis heat as they are made of wool.
Kilts just remind me of my high school winter uniform...and they were itchy. Only girls wore them as that was the rule the boys were forced to wear shorts and woolen knee high socks.
I was working in a private school where the primary children had to wear blazers and ties. They HATED them. They looked like mini business people.
Well yes I am calling into question the authenticity if its american or USA as sheep farming and wool isn't a big thing there.depends on how traditional the kilt is, some modern versions aren't made of wool, alot of them are synthetic, and a few like utility kilts are cotton.
Yeah, the question of what a true kilt is something even the kiltmakers get into debates about, great kilt, little kilt hand stitched etc. Me I'm nowhere near that particular. if it fits right looks right and is constructed the kilt way I'm good. For $225 made to measure is probably the best deal I'm going to get, I can't see going higher end at this point.Well yes I am calling into question the authenticity if its american or USA as sheep farming and wool isn't a big thing there.
Its like how silk has to be originally from China or or its not real silk but imitation
And champagne has to be from France, in particular the champagne region.
I mean if you not bothered and just want the garment as like a costume so people will THINK you are wearing a kilt, then I suppose it doesn't really matter.
But just saying there's probably a few fashion police out there that might call you out on it. You will need a sporran too, otherwise your essentials (wallet, phone, breathmints or whatever) will have nowhere to go. Kilts don't have pockets.