Organ donation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Within the medical and nursing community none of this is unknown. It is just that most people think there is nothing wrong with prematurely ending a person’s life. I call that murder but they call it ‘healthcare’.
It happens all the time in other areas of ‘healthcare’ too of course. Morphine and Midazolam etc are used all the time to finish people off. It’s called ‘end of life care’.
Modern medicine has decided that they have power over life and death and forget that there is a holy God who will require answers for every single death they were part of bringing about.
I appreciate you providing that thanks. I will have to investigate the sources of those links themselves, as other links such as:

https://www.healthnewsreview.org/20...e-news-medias-failure-in-emotionally-charged/

explain to the contrary that brain dead patients are clinically dead.

There may be people who abuse the system, there always is, but medically speaking medicine keeps people alive longer in many cases than they would naturally live without it.

Is that also wrong? The fact remains that life support artificially prolongs life, or artificially delays a physical death.

To turn off life support is not killing someone, anymore than to stop medicating someone is, it is just not artificially supporting life anymore. I am not arguing it should be done, I am simply stating that life and death are still in the hands of the Lord, you cannot alter that with medicines, one way or the other, if God says your time is up, then that is that. The information you provided has come from 2 websites that are totally unknown to me, what are their credentials? There are sites claiming all sorts of things as fact and we just have to be very careful in what we accept or believe these days with so much false information about.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206160/ is quite an interesting case in point. What a dilemma for all involved. I do think that we must be careful not to judge before the time, for the Lord knows much more than we do about the motives and morals of those who make these decisions and why they do it, and if there are alternatives.

Nemo

Jun 15, 2021
Life and death is absolutely in the hands of the Lord but that does not mean that evil doesn't exist or that murder is very real and takes place within the bright white walls of hospitals just like it does on the dark streets of cities.

I have nursed since 1992 and studied this (and many other aspects of modern medicine) for many, many years. I left clinical nursing as a direct result of what I saw and what goes on under the name of 'healthcare'. I prefer to sleep at night with a good conscience before the Lord.

Please don't allow modern medicine to define death for you. They can call somebody 'clinically dead' who I (and many others) would say is very much alive. How can there possibly be a difference of opinion over whether somebody is dead or not???

A dead person is cold and stiff, does not menstruate, has no heart beat, cannot be 'supported' by any means to 'live' and has organs that are of no use to anybody at all.

I have seen plenty of dead people. It isn't difficult (or shouldn't be) to know when a person is truly dead. However, when doctors start to play god and redefine death to incorporate what they say is 'brain death' there is a lot of confusion. Brain dead people are warm to touch, have beating hearts, can hear (there are many people who were thankfully saved from becoming organ donors who will testify to that), feel pain, menstruate and only require 'support' with breathing (remember, dead people cannot be ventilated without bursting their lungs).

Organ donation isn't a modern miracle it is a modern abomination.

This isn't about abusing the system...............this is about the system itself that sets itself against God and in this case, against life.

The motives and morals of people who decide to diagnose somebody as 'brain dead' or procure their organs are not my business. They will answer to the Lord for that.

There is always an alternative to cutting somebody up and removing their organs................not cutting them up and removing their organs would be the obvious one. :)

The 'dilemma' as to whether to keep somebody on a ventilator or not is always tied in with the made up diagnosis of 'brain dead'. So whilst I don't want to get into that debate, I would advise that you study brain death at length before delving into that one. It will make it a whole lot clearer and show you that the 'dilemma' is one modern medicine has brought about by it's own less than honest actions.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Life and death is absolutely in the hands of the Lord but that does not mean that evil doesn't exist or that murder is very real and takes place within the bright white walls of hospitals just like it does on the dark streets of cities.

I have nursed since 1992 and studied this (and many other aspects of modern medicine) for many, many years. I left clinical nursing as a direct result of what I saw and what goes on under the name of 'healthcare'. I prefer to sleep at night with a good conscience before the Lord.

Please don't allow modern medicine to define death for you. They can call somebody 'clinically dead' who I (and many others) would say is very much alive. How can there possibly be a difference of opinion over whether somebody is dead or not???

A dead person is cold and stiff, does not menstruate, has no heart beat, cannot be 'supported' by any means to 'live' and has organs that are of no use to anybody at all.

I have seen plenty of dead people. It isn't difficult (or shouldn't be) to know when a person is truly dead. However, when doctors start to play god and redefine death to incorporate what they say is 'brain death' there is a lot of confusion. Brain dead people are warm to touch, have beating hearts, can hear (there are many people who were thankfully saved from becoming organ donors who will testify to that), feel pain, menstruate and only require 'support' with breathing (remember, dead people cannot be ventilated without bursting their lungs).

Organ donation isn't a modern miracle it is a modern abomination.

This isn't about abusing the system...............this is about the system itself that sets itself against God and in this case, against life.

The motives and morals of people who decide to diagnose somebody as 'brain dead' or procure their organs are not my business. They will answer to the Lord for that.

There is always an alternative to cutting somebody up and removing their organs................not cutting them up and removing their organs would be the obvious one. :)

The 'dilemma' as to whether to keep somebody on a ventilator or not is always tied in with the made up diagnosis of 'brain dead'. So whilst I don't want to get into that debate, I would advise that you study brain death at length before delving into that one. It will make it a whole lot clearer and show you that the 'dilemma' is one modern medicine has brought about by it's own less than honest actions.
I have always struggled with the dilemma of organ donation.

My personal choice is no.. though I know faced with a loved one being ill and needing.. it may become more difficult.

The idea that a Doctor could deem one life less worthy to save 5 lives.. always burdens my conscience...

Your insight makes it more daunting.. I never knew those details.

Anyhow.. In GOD i trust for guidance on the matter.

Nemo

Jun 15, 2021
I have always struggled with the dilemma of organ donation.

My personal choice is no.. though I know faced with a loved one being ill and needing.. it may become more difficult.

The idea that a Doctor could deem one life less worthy to save 5 lives.. always burdens my conscience...

Your insight makes it more daunting.. I never knew those details.

Anyhow.. In GOD i trust for guidance on the matter.

Just a head's up if you live in the UK. Our organs are now 'presumed' to belong to the medical cartel unless we state otherwise.

It is definitely good to understand these matters fully before we are faced with emotive decisions. Once the matter is fully understood the choice is no longer there (for those who love the Lord). The ends never justify the means. As you say, we are so very blessed to have the guidance of God and to be able to go to Him for wisdom on this and all matters.

In saying all of this, I am not condemning anybody who has received an organ without understanding what that actually meant for the 'donor'.