[Orthodox Christianity] Why does God force all people to live, even though a lot of us will be damned for all eternity?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

You say that by you reaching out, you were saved. And if you did not reach out and receive you would die lost. You have effectively placed the onus on you and not God. God did His part by extending His hand with the gift of salvation, now you must extend out and take it. In your view, God meets you half way, now it is up to you to meet Him half way.
You will have to explain to me and the room hw a person who gets on their knees, unwilling to even look up to God and asking (begging) for his mercy is him reaching out half way.

How you could even get that from my post just amazes me,, Like I said, If I was saving myself. Then so was the tax collector. Who jesus said went home justified.

In our view, there is no meeting half way. Seeing we were dead in sins, we could not meet Him, even if it was one step. God must first quicken those dead in sins to life, and then, and only then, will they reach out to Him.
I did not meet him half way. Nore did I reach out to him. He took me and carried me because I could not even look up to hi, let alone reach out to him.

So your whole premise is wrong about what I believe. I can see how MAYBE you think I earned my salvation but it was based on a false premise.

But at least you tried, I will give you that. Thank you

Oct 25, 2018
You will have to explain to me and the room hw a person who gets on their knees, unwilling to even look up to God and asking (begging) for his mercy is him reaching out half way.

How you could even get that from my post just amazes me,, Like I said, If I was saving myself. Then so was the tax collector. Who jesus said went home justified.

I did not meet him half way. Nore did I reach out to him. He took me and carried me because I could not even look up to hi, let alone reach out to him.

So your whole premise is wrong about what I believe. I can see how MAYBE you think I earned my salvation but it was based on a false premise.

But at least you tried, I will give you that. Thank you
It was because He first quickened you that you called out to Him. He effectually drew you to Himself. This is how He saves His elect. If He did to all people indiscriminately what He did to you, all would be saved. That is why I state, as also does the Bible, He does not draw everyone. Do not give me John 12:32, either my friend.

E

eternally-gratefull

It was because He first quickened you that you called out to Him.
I was still dead in my sin, he could not have made me alive under the penalty of sin.

He effectually drew you to Himself. This is how He saves His elect.
He had been drawing me for a year or more. I still could have said no. Like many people even after years of him drawing them chose to do.

If He did to all people indiscriminately what He did to you, all would be saved. That is why I state, as also does the Bible, He does not draw everyone. Do not give me John 12:32, either my friend.
Thats not true, He did that for Isreal. In fact he had been drawing them for centuries, giving them more than he ever gave me, But isreal rejected him, because as Jesus said himself. They were unwilling. Many people reject him even though he spends years of time calling them.

Oct 25, 2018
I was still dead in my sin, he could not have made me alive under the penalty of sin.

He had been drawing me for a year or more. I still could have said no. Like many people even after years of him drawing them chose to do.

Thats not true, He did that for Isreal. In fact he had been drawing them for centuries, giving them more than he ever gave me, But isreal rejected him, because as Jesus said himself. They were unwilling. Many people reject him even though he spends years of time calling them.
He could not have made me alive under the penalty of sin. BINGO!

Jesus took that penalty upon Himself for His people my friend. Now God can justify the ungodly.(Romans 3:26)

E

eternally-gratefull

He could not have made me alive under the penalty of sin. BINGO!
Yep. BINGO!

I had to be JUSTIIFED first

Jesus took that penalty upon Himself for His people my friend. Now God can justify the ungodly.(Romans 3:26)
He still will not justify anyone apart from faith. Regeneration FOLLOWS justification.

Leftheri

May 25, 2017
More Romans 9:20ism.

Wow, the above rant is man (rhombus) creating a god in his own image, then worshiping himself, er, I mean worshiping that god. And not a bit of fear to say he'd spit in God's face.

In fact, if possible, you already have.

It is evident in Scripture that God punishes men, and severely, even using secondary causes.

You ought to: 1) Repent, if granted repentance; 2) Actually read Scripture that shows how off base you are; 3) Plead to God for mercy.

It is unbelievable seeing the amount of blasphemous and carnal comments that are made by professing believers.
Carnal maybe...but blasphemous? What a drama queen... it was an if/then statement and albeit, a bit dramatic in its own right. However, sinless.