OSAS= House Built on Sand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
We recieve the Holy Spirit when we are saved and AFTER the salvation..its a given that if we LOVE HIM we will STRIVE to keep his commands..like the command to go amd witness etc but we dont EARN our salvation BY keeping the commands..thats backwards...and theres more commands in the Bible than the 10 ;)
The two I stick with the most are in sermon on the mount. 'Love th lord with all our hearts, minds and souls and love our neighbors as ourselves'. If we could just do that we'd keep all of the others!

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The two I stick with the most are in sermon on the mount. 'Love th lord with all our hearts, minds and souls and love our neighbors as ourselves'. If we could just do that we'd keep all of the others!
Hiya calibob..you found me! Miss me in the singles forum? Lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
How did this thread turn from once saved always saved to..are you saved by works and keeping the commands or not? Anyone?????

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
How did this thread turn from once saved always saved to..are you saved by works and keeping the commands or not? Anyone?????
They're really one in the same, because if you don't believe Jesus holds you in His Hands securely forever, then by necessity you have to rely on something, or better yet, SOMEONE else. Namely yourself, and you do that by performing X.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
They're really one in the same, because if you don't believe Jesus holds you in His Hands securely forever, then by necessity you have to rely on something, or better yet, SOMEONE else. Namely yourself, and you do that by performing X.
Oh! That's bleak. I'd rather let Jesus drive, fly or be the Captan. I'll run me off a cliff, into a mountain or plunge into a raging malestorm.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Hmmmm..two might go hand n hand but not what original OP was about...:) plus..it seems that a lot of OP discussions start out on different topics and ALWAYS end up bout works and salvation and we wonder why theres no resolve? Lol. Works n salvation get old after awhile dont they?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hmmmm..two might go hand n hand but not what original OP was about...:) plus..it seems that a lot of OP discussions start out on different topics and ALWAYS end up bout works and salvation and we wonder why theres no resolve? Lol. Works n salvation get old after awhile dont they?
If you think this thread is old, Ya might want to visit the "Not by works" Thread! LOL

But seriously. I can't think of a more pressing issue than striving to keep the pure, beautiful, simple yet hard to digest, Gospel of our dear Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

God became human, in the form of His Son Jesus, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, suffered, was crucified, died for our sin, and was raised to life on the 3rd day.
Confess Jesus is Lord with your mouth, believe God raised Him to life in your heart, and you WILL be saved! PERIOD!
This results in a NEW Spiritual birth. A sealing of the Holy Spirit til the day of redemption.

Works, and everything associated with them, we can talk about AFTER that Birth. But we can't tell people that if they do X or don't do Y they will lose that Salvation and become unborn again. That is NOT Good News!

There's about triple or more sometimes of visitors perusing the thread than participants. What if someone is hearing THIS pure Gospel, in it's simplicity, for the first time? We do not want them to be confused ABOUT THAT!

So this is why it's important to seemingly "chase our tails". LOl

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
If you think this thread is old, Ya might want to visit the "Not by works" Thread! LOL

But seriously. I can't think of a more pressing issue than striving to keep the pure, beautiful, simple yet hard to digest, Gospel of our dear Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

God became human, in the form of His Son Jesus, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, suffered, was crucified, died for our sin, and was raised to life on the 3rd day.
Confess Jesus is Lord with your mouth, believe God raised Him to life in your heart, and you WILL be saved! PERIOD!
This results in a NEW Spiritual birth. A sealing of the Holy Spirit til the day of redemption.

Works, and everything associated with them, we can talk about AFTER that Birth. But we can't tell people that if they do X or don't do Y they will lose that Salvation and become unborn again. That is NOT Good News!

There's about triple or more sometimes of visitors perusing the thread than participants. What if someone is hearing THIS pure Gospel, in it's simplicity, for the first time? We do not want them to be confused ABOUT THAT!

So this is why it's important to seemingly "chase our tails". LOl
But..we go round and round..nobodys minds gets changed..just a hot topic to keep bickering about when there can be so MANY BIBLICAL topics that affect us and out society to talk bout. Im right with you Ed on the importamce of salvation etc but the talk is not affective either for or against...just seems like it gets to be an unproductive waste of time...

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
@PennEd ..and ed..if a newbie and possibly unsaved came in here and saw all this bickering and confusion amongst CHRISTIANS. Do you really think theyd want any PART of being a christian? I highly doubt it..theyd think "boy if christians cant even get thier act together..i dont want what theyre sellin".. Is THAT the witnessing mesage we want to get across?

Its not our "JOBS" to convince non christians but it IS our jobs to witness and plant the seeds ..but if we cant even AGREE on "which seed to plant" how is that beneficial to anyone? If God is reading this continued forum..im sure he'd be hanging his head and shaking it..is THAT TRULY the salvation redeptive message we want to tell non believers who might come to this thread?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
@PennEd ..and ed..im with you in full agreement on your beliefs bout salvation..keeping it and keeping Gods commands so dont think im not ;)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
@PennEd ..and ed..if a newbie and possibly unsaved came in here and saw all this bickering and confusion amongst CHRISTIANS. Do you really think theyd want any PART of being a christian? I highly doubt it..theyd think "boy if christians cant even get thier act together..i dont want what theyre sellin".. Is THAT the witnessing mesage we want to get across?

Its not our "JOBS" to convince non christians but it IS our jobs to witness and plant the seeds ..but if we cant even AGREE on "which seed to plant" how is that beneficial to anyone? If God is reading this continued forum..im sure he'd be hanging his head and shaking it..is THAT TRULY the salvation redeptive message we want to tell non believers who might come to this thread?
Well, I hear what you're saying Jewell, and there is certainly merit to it, but people don't become Christian, or NOT Christian because they see vigorous, and sometimes contentious debate. I'm truly sorry if my posts come off as that.
People become Christian by hearing the PURE, UNADULTERATED, GOSPEL! They can hear all sorts of 'different' gospels everywhere. I'd hope that in here they could be confident in receiving the One True Gospel.

Now I have to go sulk for awhile. Chester gave me an X! lol

Just kiddin. Chester knows I love him, as well as others that think that it's possible to lose salvation. Heck, I was in that boat a long time before it sank!
Even my Pastor, who I love dearly has yet to abandon that Titanic. I thank God, that it is JESUS that keeps them saved as well as me.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Well, I hear what you're saying Jewell, and there is certainly merit to it, but people don't become Christian, or NOT Christian because they see vigorous, and sometimes contentious debate. I'm truly sorry if my posts come off as that.
People become Christian by hearing the PURE, UNADULTERATED, GOSPEL! They can hear all sorts of 'different' gospels everywhere. I'd hope that in here they could be confident in receiving the One True Gospel.

Now I have to go sulk for awhile. Chester gave me an X! lol

Just kiddin. Chester knows I love him, as well as others that think that it's possible to lose salvation. Heck, I was in that boat a long time before it sank!
Even my Pastor, who I love dearly has yet to abandon that Titanic. I thank God, that it is JESUS that keeps them saved as well as me.

Lol..i agree with the "pure unadulterated gospel"..ptoblem is ..no one can AGREE to what that is on here..lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
@PennEd...how bout strting a thread bout how ISIS affects christians and what the Bible has to say bout it..or the church has decreased in power over the last few decades and what the Bible says in it? Lol

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Legally speaking, that is true.

In practical terms, yes it does belong to the child of God, when they don't walk according to the Spirit. It's just not an eternal guilt and condemnation. You stay legally free of guilt and condemnation despite your failures if you keep believing.

No.

You can be made alive in Christ but choose to not live for him.
Scriptures state that when our heart condemns us, the message of grace is greater.

Being faithful to the Lord is faithfulness to the gospel of His grace. That all the world has been judged and found guilty plus incapable of being godly through any actions of our own.

That the only escape from this judgement pronounced is by another spirit greater than the human spirit. A Spirit that is Holy and innocent of perversion. That only is through Yeshua, Son of man, Son of God, the born again experience, and the subsequent baptism by the Son of His own Spirit within us. We are then freed of any guilt of failure, and no longer condemned by Father.

This is the message of grace, that we all are one Spirit with access to Father through His Son, who died for all mankind.

Living in Him is the message of being forgiven of all failures, and offering the same to all. Free.

This eliminates our own judging of another's actions and thus condemning, offering forgiveness whether another asks for it or not. Just like Jesus. Only accomplished through death to our own ego for the good of another. Hard to do? Yes, but not impossible.

We are baptized into His body and we move as one with Him. Walking in His Spirit.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Scriptures state that when our heart condemns us, the message of grace is greater.

Being faithful to the Lord is faithfulness to the gospel of His grace. That all the world has been judged and found guilty plus incapable of being godly through any actions of our own.

That the only escape from this judgement pronounced is by another spirit greater than the human spirit. A Spirit that is Holy and innocent of perversion. That only is through Yeshua, Son of man, Son of God, the born again experience, and the subsequent baptism by the Son of His own Spirit within us. We are then freed of any guilt of failure, and no longer condemned by Father.

This is the message of grace, that we all are one Spirit with access to Father through His Son, who died for all mankind.

Living in Him is the message of being forgiven of all failures, and offering the same to all. Free.

This eliminates our own judging of another's actions and thus condemning, offering forgiveness whether another asks for it or not. Just like Jesus. Only accomplished through death to our own ego for the good of another. Hard to do? Yes, but not impossible.

We are baptized into His body and we move as one with Him. Walking in His Spirit.
Nicely said! ;)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
@PennEd...how bout strting a thread bout how ISIS affects christians and what the Bible has to say bout it..or the church has decreased in power over the last few decades and what the Bible says in it? Lol
LOL. You can search, and I'd bet the ranch you'd find plenty of muslim / isis stuff.
I started a thread intended for the uplifting of the body several yrs ago. As you can see, it hasn't garnered immense amounts of activity.

People, unfortunately myself included, tend to LIKE debate more so than prayer requests and uplifting threads.
Yeah.. We're all pretty much still in our stinky fleshly bodies, but on the other hand, these threads HAVE helped me grow in the Word. So there ya have it.

Let's see how long we can keep THIS thread fresh!
https://christianchat.com/miscellan...utiful-precious-moments-of-gods-grace.133109/

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
LOL. You can search, and I'd bet the ranch you'd find plenty of muslim / isis stuff.
I started a thread intended for the uplifting of the body several yrs ago. As you can see, it hasn't garnered immense amounts of activity.

People, unfortunately myself included, tend to LIKE debate more so than prayer requests and uplifting threads.
Yeah.. We're all pretty much still in our stinky fleshly bodies, but on the other hand, these threads HAVE helped me grow in the Word. So there ya have it.

Let's see how long we can keep THIS thread fresh!
https://christianchat.com/miscellan...utiful-precious-moments-of-gods-grace.133109/
Lol..i guess drama "sells" to the masses but probably not to the unsaved..lol