OSAS= House Built on Sand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
j...,

Scripture tells us to be careful and act before The Holy Spirit leaves us...It will never return.

I see that as a critical timeline...undefined...... as is physical death.
The Holy Spirit does not leave children of God. Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 4:30 - Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The Bible mentions nothing about UN-sealing believers or the Holy Spirit leaving believers, never to return.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
For me personally I desire to see people walking with God and being blessed in His presence, not thinking they are saved when they are actually lost.
Sadly, there are many people who think they are saved based on their works, but are actually lost. :(

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
19Go ye therefore, and TEACH ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

OUR LORD JESUS BEFORE GOING BACK TO THE FATHER INSTRUCTED HIS DISCIPLES TO TEACH OBEDIENCE UNTO ALL NATIONS.

IF ANYONE WOULD TEACH THAT OBEDIENCE TO GOD’S WORD, TEACHINGS, LAWS AND COMMANDS, IS NOT NECESSARY OR PART OF SALVATION, DOES HE NOT TEACH CONTRARY TO THE LORD’S TEACHINGS?

WHEN THE LORD SAID THAT “IF YOU WANT TO ENTER LIFE, OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS”, AND SOMEONE ELSE WOULD SAY THAT OBEDIENCE TO GOD WILL NOT SAVE ANYONE BECAUSE “FAITH ALONE SAVES”. IS IT NOT A CLEAR REJECTION, NULLIFICATION, DISRESPECT, DISOBEDIENCE, UNBELIEF AND MOCKERY OF GOD’S WORD?

15Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16They profess that they know God; BUT IN WORKS THEY DENY HIM, being ABOMINABLE, and DISOBEDIENT and unto every good work REPROBATE.

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, TURNING THE GRACE OF OUR GOD INTO (A LICENSE FOR) LASCIVIOUSNESS, and DENYING the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

...Teaching for doctrines the commandments of men….Full well ye reject the commandment of God... making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.(mark 7:6-13)

...because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.(isaiah 5:20-24)

...Be not deceived; GÒD IS NOT MOCKED: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.(galatians 6:7-10)

32who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are WORTHY OF DEATH, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things COMETH THE WRATH OF .GOD ÙPON THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE

MAN GOT SEPARATED FROM GOD BECAUSE OF THE SIN OF DISOBEDIENCE WHEN MAN WAS DECEIVED BY THE SERPENT WHO SAID THAT “...Ye shall not surely die.”(genesis 3:4)

DÈCEIVERS OF THIS AGE SAYS THE SAME THING;

“YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE (PERIßH / BE CONDEMNED). ONCE YOU'RE SAVED, YOU ARE ALWAYS ßAVED. JUST HAVE FAITH VOID OF WORKS (OF RIGHTEOUSNESS / ÒBEDIENCE) AND YOU WILL POSSESS ETERNAL LIFE THE MOMENT YOU BELIEVE.

IS IT NOT APPOINTED FOR MEN TO DIE ONCE AND FACE JUDGMENT AFTER? (hebrews 9:27-28)

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw THE DEAD, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And WHOSOEVER WAS NOT FOÙND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE.

“FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD”

JESUS HAS NOT FOUND YOUR WORKS COMPLETE IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. REMEMBER THEREFORE WHÀT YOU HEARD AND RECEIVED. OBEY IT, AND REPENT.(revelations 3:1-6)

47And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48HE THAT REJECTETH ME, and RECEIVETH NOT MY WORDS, hath one that judgeth him: THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN, THE SAME SHALL. JUDGE HIM IN THE LAST DAY. 49For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50And I KNOW THAT HIS COMMANDMENT IS LIFE EVERLASTING: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Mar 23, 2016
If Jesus says they are just, then who are we to say otherwise.
So was Jesus mistaken when Jesus "says they are just"?

Or was Jesus mistaken when He told them in Luke 16:15, ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God?

Or could it be that you are mistaken and Jesus really did not say "they are just"?

Oct 31, 2015
So was Jesus mistaken when Jesus "says they are just"?

If Jesus says they are just, then who are we to say otherwise?

I'm the one saying the 99 sheep who are not lost are just.

You are the one claiming the 99 are the pharisee's who "justify themselves".

Found = Reconciled to God: Justified - Declared to be right with God.

Lost = Seperated from God. Unjust. Unrighteous. A Sinner in need of repentance.

For a sheep to be lost, it must first belong to the Shepherd.

JPT

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said:
Actually, Ralph, it is a regeneration of the spirit
That's what it is. And that happens by virtue of the Holy Spirit being present and joined with your spirit.
In Colossians 1:27 we read the riches of the glory of the mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Is this Christ in you spoken of in Col 1 the same as the “plus the Holy Spirit” you refer to when you say “the new birth is ‘you’ plus the Holy Spirit”?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
@Ralph- @justpassinthrough @preston39 ...you think people are just arguementative with you and continue to bicker to prove a point..but for some of us..including ME..its PERSONAL its our LIVES or something weve lived through that has brought us to our personal beliefs and convictions so when we share and you say its blatently WRONG..that can cut because of it being personal..our walk with God are all different and personal in different ways..we gotta remember that when in heatec debates :)
j...,
G-d's scriptures...are not personal.

There is no PC when it comes to application of The Bible. Notice, even G-d does not include PC in His commandments, that I can detect.

Effects of disagreement cannot be assigned to a individual when that individual is merely pointing out how scripture is condemning them in their beliefs.
I for one will never modify scripture interpretations to control impact on a given position, when the position is incorrect and the person is in peril for their future. Witnessing for Christ is all inclusive.
Example, one of my brothers and I have become estranged because .....he doesn't believe baptism is necessary..... and my pointing him to scriptures which says that is is required ......has caused him to become irritated with me. Sad but I cannot change scripture.

...and yes I see folks here who are just argumentative and that conclusion is reached because presenting them with opposing scriptures is for no effect.
Sad.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I think if truly saved..are always saved..im living proof..NOT ttuly saved..easy to fall away..but only GOD knows FOR SURE if we are saved..its not OUR place to judge or convict..
j...,

A christian witnessing for Christ does not..... judge or convict......he assesses...in comparison to sccriptures. That is necessary in order to properly witness.
A big difference.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
The Holy Spirit does not leave children of God.....
m...,
Who said the HS did? Why a spin.......just for the purpose of opposition? A typical leftest act.
Not constructive.
The point related to the HS leaving because of rejection.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
....The Bible mentions nothing about UN-sealing believers or the Holy Spirit leaving believers, never to return.
m...,
That is not rue.
You need to study scriptures so folks will not be miss led.

R

Ralph-

In Colossians 1:27 we read the riches of the glory of the mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Is this Christ in you spoken of in Col 1 the same as the “plus the Holy Spirit” you refer to when you say “the new birth is ‘you’ plus the Holy Spirit”?
Of course it is.

You're deepest innermost man is 'different' now because the Holy Spirit is there in union with him. It's not a new additional you that can not be done away with, it's a changed 'you' now. And God can just as easily vacate the temple of your body as easily as he entered into it. And you'll go right back to what you were before if he does that as a result of you going back to unbelief.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
m...,
Who said the HS did? Why a spin.......just for the purpose of opposition? A typical leftest act.
Not constructive.
The point related to the HS leaving because of rejection.
There is no spin here on my part. I’m not the spin doctor. You said, “Scripture tells us to be careful and act before The Holy Spirit leaves us...It will never return.”

I showed you that (Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30) teaches otherwise.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
j...,

A christian witnessing for Christ does not..... judge or convict......he assesses...in comparison to sccriptures. That is necessary in order to properly witness.
A big difference.
Pray for God to give DECERNMENT? Lol

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Pray for God to give DECERNMENT? Lol
dis·cern·ment
/dəˈsərnmənt/

noun

• 2.(in Christian contexts) perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual guidance and understanding:"without providing for a time of healing and discernment, there will be no hope of living through this present moment without a shattering of our common life"
workable.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
dis·cern·ment
/dəˈsərnmənt/

noun

• 2.(in Christian contexts) perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual guidance and understanding:"without providing for a time of healing and discernment, there will be no hope of living through this present moment without a shattering of our common life"
workable.
;)

Mar 23, 2016
And you'll go right back to what you were before if he does that as a result of you going back to unbelief.
The spirit within the born again one has been regenerated, so it's not "right back to what you were before". It may "look" the same (i.e. the behavior of a carnal christian "looks" the same as the behavior of an unbeliever), but it's not the same due to the regeneration which takes place at the time the believer is born again.

R

Ralph-

The spirit within the born again one has been regenerated, so it's not "right back to what you were before". It may "look" the same (i.e. the behavior of a carnal christian "looks" the same as the behavior of an unbeliever), but it's not the same due to the regeneration which takes place at the time the believer is born again.
As long as the Holy Spirit remains in the believer through their continued believing they will be different and remain regenerated.

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Of course it is.

You're deepest innermost man is 'different' now because the Holy Spirit is there in union with him. It's not a new additional you that can not be done away with, it's a changed 'you' now. And God can just as easily vacate the temple of your body as easily as he entered into it. And you'll go right back to what you were before if he does that as a result of you going back to unbelief.

what a bunch of bunk !!!!
how sad for you that u believe what you post