OSAS= House Built on Sand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
The Believers Share Their Possessions
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”), 37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles’ feet.

Ananias and Sapphira
5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself,but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

BELIEVERS LIKE ANANIAS AND SAPHIRA LOST THE HOLY SPIRIT AFTER RECEIVING THROUGH FAITH. THEY ARE GOOD EXAMPLES OF THIS PARABLE;

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Born again is a past tense reality.

The spiritual birth occurred when we obeyed the Gospel, in which we were given the power to become sons of God.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12
Amen! The spiritual birth occurred when we obeyed the Gospel by choosing to believe the gospel (Romans 1:16; 10:16).

The question is do we have eternal life in us today?
If we were truly born again in the first place, yes we do. Born again is a past tense reality for those who truly believe on His name (John 1:12).

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15
"Hates his brother/murderer" is DESCRIPTIVE of those who are not born again.

1 John 2:9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
BELIEVERS LIKE ANANIAS AND SAPHIRA LOST THE HOLY SPIRIT AFTER RECEIVING THROUGH FAITH.
Where does it say in the text that Ananias and Sapphira "lost the Holy Spirit after receiving faith?"
That is speculation and your biased opinion.

God can sometimes take a believers life in judgement, but it isn't to condemn them to hell. Believers are saved, but they can still die physically. *As an example, in 1 Corinthians 11:29, we read - For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. 30 For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep. 31 But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world. Paul knows that the judgment of God can take on the form of physical illness and even physical death. The word "sleep" when referring to death, refers to the physical death of believers, not spiritual death (John 11:11-12; Acts 7:60; 1 Corinthians 15:6,18,20,51; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-15; 2 Peter 3:4). This is an example in scripture of a 'sin leading to death' as mentioned in 1 John 5:16. How do you know it wasn't the same for Ananias and Sapphira?

Oct 31, 2015
Just throwin' that out there. God's Word says we can know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

John says that because He has walked in obedience to the Lord as an Apostle and has continued in the doctrine of Christ, in which he has loved God and loved the Church, teach them the truth.

The Holy Spirit bears witness with his Spirit that he is a son of God.

If you preface what John said in the previous chapter, it’s clear as to why he has confidence about His appearing.

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:3-4

Knowing Him is the biblical definition of eternal life.

He who says “I know Him” but doesn’t obey Him is a liar and the truth is not in him.

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
God is more patient with us then we give Him credit for,

He has been extremely patient with me in my life.

Sometimes babyhood lasts longer for one depending on the view one has of Father.

I agree with this.

Is He a God of love or a God of wrath.

Both.

But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, Romans 2:5-8

• eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

• but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
I've never seen a scripture saying that. The work done in us when we believe is Gods work and does Holy Spirit fail? No, He knows what He is doing.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

John is warning the Church about not walking in obedience to His commandments, which is walking in love.

If a brother hates his brother then he no longer has eternal life in Him.

The Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.

JPT

R

Ralph-

How sad that I think people can go back to unbelief? How sad for the rest of you who think you can't and then the day of testing comes. You're not going to be well prepared for that day.
The scripture in Hebrews, which is what I think you are speaking from says that those in unbelief remain that way because they didn't enter in to His rest.
Actually, I was thinking of this scripture:

"they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away." - Luke 8:13

Believing a 'once saved always saved' doctrine is not how you prepare for the day of temptation when you may fall away into unbelief and cast the word of God from your heart. But more and more people are taking false comfort in that message. They are not ready for tough days to come. They have taken false comfort in a message that tells them it doesn't matter if they are ready or not.

Seohce

Jul 15, 2016
Where does it say in the text that Ananias and Sapphira "lost the Holy Spirit after receiving faith?"
That is speculation and your biased opinion.

God can sometimes take a believers life in judgement, but it isn't to condemn them to hell. Believers are saved, but they can still die physically. *As an example, in 1 Corinthians 11:29, we read - For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. 30 For this reason many among you are weak and sick, and a number sleep. 31 But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world. Paul knows that the judgment of God can take on the form of physical illness and even physical death. The word "sleep" when referring to death, refers to the physical death of believers, not spiritual death (John 11:11-12; Acts 7:60; 1 Corinthians 15:6,18,20,51; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-15; 2 Peter 3:4). This is an example in scripture of a 'sin leading to death' as mentioned in 1 John 5:16. How do you know it wasn't the same for Ananias and Sapphira?
romans 10
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

ròmans 11:20-22
Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

jude 1
The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, REJECT AUTHORITY and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

romans 1
32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things DESERVE DEATH, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

titus 1:16
They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, DISOBEDIENT and unfit for doing anything good.

MAN GOT SEPARATED FROM GOD BECAUSE OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE, CAN’T WE BE SEPARATED FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT BECAUSE OF OUR DISOBEDIENCE?

ephesians 5:6
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are DISOBEDIENT.

Chester

May 23, 2016
go read the whole Bible, and use that for theology instead of the selective editing and writing in your own opinions that you do.

verses plucked out of context, with personal opinion written it is not Scripture , it' s just religious noise.
Every text and every verse in the entire Bible needs to be studied and understood. The idea of just read the whole Bible and then develop your theology allows a person to decide what they want to believe and them impose that upon any text they want.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Believing a 'once saved always saved' doctrine is not how you prepare for the day of temptation when you may fall away into unbelief and cast the word of God from your heart. But more and more people are taking false comfort in that message. They are not ready for tough days to come. They have taken false comfort in a message that tells them it doesn't matter if they are ready or not.
"It slices! It Dices!

No matter how much you slice and dice Ralph, your gospel is a works gospel. You have faith in your preparations, you have faith in your belief, heck... you even have faith in your faith!

What you seem to be lacking, is a faith in Jesus! What HE has done, Who HE is, how HE keeps us HIS, how HE knows HIS, and has made HIS God's Children, giving them a NEW heart, a NEW Creation, filled AND sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the Day of Redemption.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018

Where would a person like me fit into this equation, I walked the isle and made a profession of faith when I was 19 the Pentecostal pastor of the Church I was attending made an alter call and I responded and came to the front where they prayed over me and welcomed me into Gods family.

After about 6 months I left the Church and went back into the world and indulged myself in fornication, drugs and various crimes. Then after around 4 and a half years I started attending a SDA Church and made a new profession of faith and I was received back into Gods family again.

Then after about a year I back slid again and went back into he world and fully indulged myself into fornication, drugs and more crime. Then after a couple of years I joined a Reformed Baptist Church where I was recently baptized and became a member and I remain a faithful servant of the Lord to this day.

So I would say that we don't know if someone will make it or not, I fell into sin many times after I was baptized but I kept on repenting and finding forgiveness every time. I sin much less these days, but I'm still not perfect so I believe a person is never lost as long as they keep repenting. God is faithful to keep on forgiving us for the rest of our lives.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The seventh day cessation in Hebrews refers to the first resurrection and those that inherit the KOG
This may be true, not sure. I'd have to actually see it myself and may or may not check it for myself later. But, in my opinion now, I'd say fulfilled not ceased.

I do believe we who are born again and filled with the Spirit have to know that we rest from our own works, and the 8th day, which the OT shows it is the day of circumcision when flesh is removed is also in motion now. That's the day of understanding rest and allowing Holy Spirit to move through the body of Christ. We are the circumcised in Spirit, and He is removing flesh from our soul as we advance into Sonship. And all creation waits....it has started. Actually has been in motion but the day of fulfillment I believe, now has arrived.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
romans 10
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth... MAN GOT SEPARATED FROM GOD BECAUSE OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE, CAN’T WE BE SEPARATED FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT BECAUSE OF OUR DISOBEDIENCE?
It’s actually Hebrews 10:26 and in Hebrews 10:26, to "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is CONTINUOUS ACTION - A MATTER OF PRACTICE. Now we don't walk along our daily life and accidently fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a CONTINUOUS ACTION.

The unrighteous practice sin - 1 (Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God - (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9).

So keeping that in mind, your speculation about Ananias and Sapphira is just your cynical, biased opinion.

According to your logic, anything short of 100% obedience 100% of the time equals disobedience and condemnation.

In the Old Testament, it was because of disobedience to God that God almost killed Moses and disobedience was also the cause of Moses not being allowed to enter into the promised land, yet Moses is not condemned.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Where would a person like me fit into this equation, I walked the isle and made a profession of faith when I was 19 the Pentecostal pastor of the Church I was attending made an alter call and I responded and came to the front where they prayed over me and welcomed me into Gods family.

After about 6 months I left the Church and went back into the world and indulged myself in fornication, drugs and various crimes. Then after around 4 and a half years I started attending a SDA Church and made a new profession of faith and I was received back into Gods family again.

Then after about a year I back slid again and went back into he world and fully indulged myself into fornication, drugs and more crime. Then after a couple of years I joined a Reformed Baptist Church where I was recently baptized and became a member and I remain a faithful servant of the Lord to this day.

So I would say that we don't know if someone will make it or not, I fell into sin many times after I was baptized but I kept on repenting and finding forgiveness every time. I sin much less these days, but I'm still not perfect so I believe a person is never lost as long as they keep repenting. God is faithful to keep on forgiving us for the rest of our lives.
Slayer, you can have assurance because it wasn't you making the decision first too go back. You responded to His continual wooing. He loves and it's pure love for His own that He knew is His own from the very beginning. So rest brother. :) And let Him work. And I know that you are....just hoping to build up your assurance.

He even loves the wicked. Do we?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Only GOD knows that. Where is that verse in the Bible.
I think slayer means that we never obtain perfection. We are all specific members of His body with all different functions. Moving together, or altogether we are perfect. Scripture does say this in Psalms. I think it's 22 but would have to look to be sure. Am not perfect. :).

Mar 23, 2016
He who says “I know Him” but doesn’t obey Him is a liar and the truth is not in him.
1 John 4:

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

I figure if His commandments seem to be grievous, I have left Him and have gone back to my old habit patterns, or the "commandments" I am trying to keep are not His commandments.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Slayer, you can have assurance because it wasn't you making the decision first too go back. You responded to His continual wooing. He loves and it's pure love for His own that He knew is His own from the very beginning. So rest brother. :) And let Him work. And I know that you are....just hoping to build up your assurance.

He even loves the wicked. Do we?
I have a deep hatred and shame for the sins I have committed, I find it hard to believe that I stooped down to that lever of depravity. It's as though I was possessed by an evil force, it's as though that person was someone else. I have no desire to sin at all now, all I want to do is please God in everything I do and I get angry with myself when I don't do my best.

God has completely changed the things I enjoy, I have no desire to watch Hollywood movies or indulge in any worldly pleasures. I don't enjoy talking about sport or politics, God has given me an interest in seeking the welfare of my fellow man. I would rather go street preaching with a group of brothers than go hunting or fishing.

God completely transforms a person when they finnaly surrender to Him. I can't take any credit for anything, all I bought to the table was a totally depraved and sinful heart.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
But it is written in John 11; "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day?"

So if the Sun and Moon are used as time keepers,
then if the greater light was to rule by day
and the lesser by was to rule by night,

View attachment 185852
then is it day or night in the picture above
where the Moon is visible in the sky?​

Yet who uses the Sun and Moon to keep time?
People without clocks? Lol

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I have a deep hatred and shame for the sins I have committed, I find it hard to believe that I stooped down to that lever of depravity. It's as though I was possessed by an evil force, it's as though that person was someone else. I have no desire to sin at all now, all I want to do is please God in everything I do and I get angry with myself when I don't do my best.

God has completely changed the things I enjoy, I have no desire to watch Hollywood movies or indulge in any worldly pleasures. I don't enjoy talking about sport or politics, God has given me an interest in seeking the welfare of my fellow man. I would rather go street preaching with a group of brothers than go hunting or fishing.

God completely transforms a person when they finnaly surrender to Him. I can't take any credit for anything, all I bought to the table was a totally depraved and sinful heart.

Awesome slayer! I rejoice with you!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I think slayer means that we never obtain perfection. We are all specific members of His body with all different functions. Moving together, or altogether we are perfect. Scripture does say this in Psalms. I think it's 22 but would have to look to be sure. Am not perfect. :).
Believers can be perfect as in “mature” but not as in sinless, without fault or defect, flawless 100% of the time.