OSAS= House Built on Sand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
@Slayer..i know you passionately believe what you believe is right and so does everyone on here..i know youre trying to hold your ground..but theres a lot to be learned in this forum as well which i think you miss because youre so busy defending yourself..and the more you get pushed into a corner the harder you fight to get out...your "absolute' statements are getting you in trouble..i really dont want to see you a charred pile of ash after God strikes you with a lightening bolt but sometimes it takes a bigger man to ADMIT he doesnt know everything other than a man who says he DOES but doesnt have the "goods" to back it up...:/
I've got all the goods to backup everything I say, the problem is people here don't believe the truth so I don't lose my integrity or honor. I don't take offense at the rebuke of a fool, I just feel sorry for them but if a wise man shares something with me that I didn't know I thank him for it. A wise man is always glad to receive more wisdom but a fool rebukes you for correcting them.

N

NoNameMcgee

Must be NICE to know everything bout God..hmmm

it would actually be wonderful...

the more He reveals Himself to me.... the more there is to love about Him...

ive read multiple translations of the bible and the kjv over a dozen times

i still do studies often

i pray constantly

and He is so great and so deep i could spend many of my lifetimes doing this.... and id probably never learn it all

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
and He is so great and so deep i could spend many of my lifetimes doing this.... and id probably never learn it all
Very true. His Word is deep, yet at the same time simple enough for even a child to understand [Matt18:2-6 "And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them..."; "...one of these little ones which believe in me..."]

Ephesians 4:11-16 -

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

1 Corinthians 12:21 -

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Some seem to be "perfect [fully grown, mature]" upon one read-through. No need for the rest of the Body. :sneaky:

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Why bother?

According to you, if they're "elect" it doesn't matter.

And according to you if they're not "elect" it doesn't matter.
If you ever studied the Bible, you wouldn't make such claims out of ignorance. The only difference between me and the reprobate is I responded by believing the Gospel after I heard it for the 100th time. I rejected the Gospel for around 20 years and then one day I believed it, while the reprobate will never believe.

So, we are commanded to preach the Gospel to all creatures because we don't know who the elect are. I didn't know I was elect until recently, I kept back sliding for years after my conversion. I kept going back into the world to get my fill of sin, until I finally surrendered. So I needed to hear the Gospel hundreds of times before it finnaly got through to me, so of' course we keep preaching the Gospel.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
How can anyone share "something with [you] that [you] didn't know" when you claim "[you] know everything there is to know about God"?
LOL!!! the Bible is not all about God, if you studied the Bible you would know that a lot of it is about the human condition but you wouldn't know that because you can't see the forest through the trees:cautious:

Mar 23, 2016
I needed to hear the Gospel hundreds of times before it finnaly got through to me

According to your dogma concerning "election" it wouldn't have mattered if you "heard" or "believed".

We were saved before the world was created, salvation has nothing to do with us.

Mar 23, 2016
if you studied the Bible
If you studied the Bible, you would know that until you turn your heart to the Lord Jesus Christ, you have a vail on your heart as you read Scripture.

2 Corinthians 3:

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it
[your heart] shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
... I responded by believing the Gospel after I heard it for the 100th time.

I needed to hear the Gospel hundreds of times before it finnaly got through to me
One of your problems is your inability to tell the unadulterated truth. You can't even keep your story straight in a single telling :p

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I've got all the goods to backup everything I say, the problem is people here don't believe the truth so I don't lose my integrity or honor. I don't take offense at the rebuke of a fool, I just feel sorry for them but if a wise man shares something with me that I didn't know I thank him for it. A wise man is always glad to receive more wisdom but a fool rebukes you for correcting them.
Seems to me it should be God who judges whos a "fool" and who isnt..lol..God might be using that "fool" to speak something into your life..never know...

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
If you studied the Bible, you would know that until you turn your heart to the Lord Jesus Christ, you have a vail on your heart as you read Scripture.

2 Corinthians 3:

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it [your heart] shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
This is the problem with private interpretation of scripture, you all come up with all kinds of crazy ideas. You need to find a faithful Shepherd to explain what the scriptures all mean. The gift of discernment was only given to leaders, such as out teachers.

God appointed Shepherds to lead us dumb sheep, so sheep shouldn't go running around making themselves authorities on scripture. This is why 95% of Christians are opposed to each other, everyone is an authority onto themselves.

God wrote the Bible in such a way that it can only be interpreted by those whom He gave the gift of discernment, namely Elders and Pastors. The rest of us are sheep, we follow they they lead so check with you pastor if what you believe is Biblical then you can share it with us!!!!

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Seems to me it should be God who judges whos a "fool" and who isnt..lol..God might be using that "fool" to speak something into your life..never know...
As a Saint of God, I have been given the ability to discern the truth from lies. It's actually good to point out errors in someones theology, you actually educate and edify them. To point out errors is not judging them, it's actually love even though it may be a bitter pill to swallow at least it heals them.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
This is the problem with private interpretation of scripture, you all come up with all kinds of crazy ideas. You need to find a faithful Shepherd to explain what the scriptures all mean. The gift of discernment was only given to leaders, such as out teachers.

God appointed Shepherds to lead us dumb sheep, so sheep shouldn't go running around making themselves authorities on scripture. This is why 95% of Christians are opposed to each other, everyone is an authority onto themselves.

God wrote the Bible in such a way that it can only be interpreted by those whom He gave the gift of discernment, namely Elders and Pastors. The rest of us are sheep, we follow they they lead so check with you pastor if what you believe is Biblical then you can share it with us!!!!
Lol..God can give ANYONE decernment..through His Word..through prayer and everything ELSE in life..we cant go running to someone in the church to explain every little thing to us

Psalm 119:105 King James Version (KJV)

"105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Matthew 7:7-8 New International Version (NIV)

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

Btw..morning slayer!

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
As a Saint of God, I have been given the ability to discern the truth from lies. It's actually good to point out errors in someones theology, you actually educate and edify them. To point out errors is not judging them, it's actually love even though it may be a bitter pill to swallow at least it heals them.
Wait wait wait..you just said its not good for a person to descern scriptire they should go to the church etc..now YOU SAY YOU have descernment over someone elses spiritual theology? You comtradicted yourself..how can YOU descern spiritual theology if you yourself have to go to the CHURCH for descernmemt in your OWN life?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Why bother?

According to you, if they're "elect" it doesn't matter.

And according to you if they're not "elect" it doesn't matter.
This is the funny thing about calvinism. They love to debate, yet debating is meaningless in their worldview. They dont believe in free will, yet its a problem when people reject calvinism, as if they had a choice in the matter.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Lol..God can give ANYONE decernment..through His Word..through prayer and everything ELSE in life..we cant go running to someone in the church to explain every little thing to us

Psalm 119:105 King James Version (KJV)

"105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Matthew 7:7-8 New International Version (NIV)

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

Btw..morning slayer!
All of that sounds OK, but it doesn't deal with the issue at hand. I said we have lost sheep running around being devoured by the hungry lion because they rebelled against God's design. God ordained certain Shepherds to lead His sheep, you're trying to tell me that every sheep should rebel and leave the safety of the flock.

Don't fool yourself that you have the gift of discernment which is only given to Shepherds, sheep need to find a faithful Shepherd to lead them. So sheep need to pray that God will place them in a safe flock, or they will become one of the millions of victims burning in hell because they tried to take on the hungry lion on their own.