OSAS, When does salvation take place?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
How are you loving God with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength currently?
Most recently, I gave the foodbank I volunteer at a whole bunch (thousands) of plastic grocery bags I had collected from area grocery stores.
The foodbank was really short of them, because the winter visitors have not yet arrived to fulfil that task.
 
Most recently, I gave the foodbank I volunteer at a whole bunch (thousands) of plastic grocery bags I had collected from area grocery stores.
The foodbank was really short of them, because the winter visitors have not yet arrived to fulfil that task.
When I say currently, I mean right now. How are you loving God right now?
 
Maybe, but seeing as it is 9 PM here, there isn't much happening outside anymore.
I think I will go have a snack right now, and love God that way.
If there is something more you can be doing to love God, then you haven't kept the 1st and greatest commandment. Maybe doesn't sound like you know. Can you tell me all that is required in the keeping of the first commandment? How about earlier today? Was there anything you could have done earlier today to love God more?
 
I have asked several questions that have never really been answered.

You would have to accept the whole counsel of God in order to get over being indoctrinated in to believing the fake gospel of eternal security.

I would rattle off a bunch of scripture passages on the subject but you'd just ignore them so I'm not going to waste my time or yours.
 
The only rub that I can see in what you believe is this, how can we be justified/saved and granted eternal life if we have not yet been redeemed and forgiven

Here's the problem with your question - I did not say a person can be saved without having been forgiven.

Hmm, you initially said that true believers receive "eternal" life from Him on this side of the grave, but now you are saying something different, that true believers can lose their salvation, as well.

You'd have to actually believe all that the Lord teaches in His Word which eternal security fan boys do not.

Because of this I typically don't spend much time on this topic since it's a waste of time to do so when so many these days only believe and accept bits and pieces of God's Word as they have been indoctr4inated to do by their favorite teachers.
 
The argument I am making is that John 5 states that who so ever believe shall not perish but have ever lasting life.
My argument is that it is possible to fully believe in Jesus, and yet not be saved.

"For even the demon believe and shudder."

Which you seem to be in agreement with.
I read something that said the Greek word translated "in" is much stronger than a superficial acceptance of a fact. It is more believing to the point of commitment. He said that it should be believe "into". I went on a trip to the Grand Canyon 10 years ago. I paid the costs, had my passport up to date, a visa and everything in place. But I still had to get on the aircraft before I could get to America. I've met many who beleive the facts about Jesus. But they are not willing to trust Him with their lives.
You have to remain faithful till the end of your life, to be granted eternal life.
You can call obedience a work, or labor, if you want; but I call it the glorification of the God who saved me.
If you do not have eternal life right now, you are still dead in your sins.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cameron143
You would have to accept the whole counsel of God in order to get over being indoctrinated in to believing the fake gospel of eternal security.

I would rattle off a bunch of scripture passages on the subject but you'd just ignore them so I'm not going to waste my time or yours.
You have to be clueless about what it means to be saved if you imagine that you can lose it.
 
@ScooterJackson

Hebrews 5:9 - And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him

The question becomes, can a person obey the devil and still be saved?

It's weird that more and more people are advocating for disobedience which is advocating for living in opposition to the Lord being a servant of the devil. Very weird but it shows we are in the last days where deception abounds.

Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
 
Sorry, can't help you.
Since Eve and Adam ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, everyone knows what is right and wrong.
Follow you conscience.
So even you didn't know. God gave me the Holy Spirit. That's far better than a conscience which is what unbelievers rely on.