OSAS, When does salvation take place?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That was not part of the law of Moses.
It was teaching concerning the righteous and is still applicable today in the New Covenant.

You'd be right if this was something the Lord gave under the Law of Moses, but you're not because it's not.
You have no idea what is in the New Covenant. You sit in judgement as if you were God Himself. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Lord Jesus said, "Let him who is without sin throw the first stone".
 
I only struggle to understand why others struggle with a cut and dried issue. If Jesus can fail, so can His people.
No one’s struggling with this. I’m not in any meetings, or groups where this ever comes up. Even so, I’m not trying to be a downer. It’s just a lot of energy spent on topics that I don’t feel are real issues concerning ministry. One benefit of baptism is a reminder of salvation, when the devil tries to make a Christian doubt. It also helps to pray “Lord, I put on the helmet of salvation” to ward off doubtful thoughts of “saved or not”.
 
Yikes - Jesus fail?! Where in the world did that come from. - Lord, I bind that deceptive spirit off Gideon300 right now in the name of Jesus. Holy Spirit, protect his mind and give him your Holy Spirit displacing and removing all other spirits in Jesus’s name.
How about reading what I said? IF. That is not the same as saying that Jesus can fail.
 
I only struggle to understand why others struggle with a cut and dried issue. If Jesus can fail, so can His people.
I can’t believe I missed this sentence where you said Jesus can fail? That is a lie straight from the devil.

Pretty sure I was replying to someone else and it got mixed up.