I started my Christian journey with The Living Bible, which was given to me as an easier to read bible, back in the 70s when I was in my 20s. I was looking through it again recently and was surprised that I hadn't realized what idol worship was which I hadn't discerned before. Although it makes perfect sense when I see it in The Living Bible I didn't make the connection in The New International Version. The verse is Ephesians 5:5 and in The Living Bible says: ([FONT="]You can be sure of this: The Kingdom of Christ and of God will never belong to anyone who is impure or greedy, for a greedy person is really an [/FONT]idol worshiper—he loves and worships the good things of this life more than God.) In the New International Version it says: ([FONT="]For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="]—has any inheritance[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT][FONT="] in the kingdom of Christ and of God.) It shows my lack of intelligence to have admitted this, but it does show the value of different versions to those of us with lesser intellect. I didn't bold the bolded part of this and can't get it normalized, but it did bold the main difference I wanted to bring out. It is not bolded in the Gateway Living Bible version I copied and pasted. Must be God wanted it bolded, as I said, I didn't do it.[/FONT]