OTT?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Phoenix77

Mar 7, 2018
I have been put in a position previously where I was afraid to go out as some "Christians" had got me believing there were demons just waiting to grab me. I have recently again been into another church, and its happened again.

There are NOT demons waiting to grab me, as God is LOVE. I am washed in the BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST!
These people can cause a lot of harm.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Thank God for a true gospel of salvation

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel
to every creature.
16 He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not
shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe;
In my name shall they cast out devils;
they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing,
it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:

Baptism of the Holy Spirit gives us the power of God within us to rebuke and
repel Satan.
I have on many occasions prayed "get thee behind me Satan in the name of
Jesus."
Praying in tongues is the ultimate exercise of spiritual power that increases
the power of the Holy Spirit within us.

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power
of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against
the wiles of the devil.
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Ephesians 6:

U

Ugly

I have been put in a position previously where I was afraid to go out as some "Christians" had got me believing there were demons just waiting to grab me. I have recently again been into another church, and its happened again.

There are NOT demons waiting to grab me, as God is LOVE. I am washed in the BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST!
Anyone can use the title of Christian. It's the fruit of the oerson that makes it mean something.
And plenty of well meaning people with poor teaching out there as well.

Phoenix77

Mar 7, 2018
I have experienced many misled and overpowering people, some in church leadership. There are some false tongues, too. What i am saying is, test the spirits, as some people teach things which can cause damage.
As for speaking in tongues being proof of spirituality, if there is no love, then its like a clanging cymbal. (1 Corinthians 13)
No one should cause anyone else to fear.
God is love.

D

Depleted

It's been a few decades since I've been around the OTTers (in person.) Got to ask -- go out where? Is grocery shopping out? Taking a walk? A movie? A beer with the guys? Disco? (Hey, I did say it was decades. All that did was confirm which decade. lol) Or all of the above?

Phoenix77

Mar 7, 2018
I was afraid to go anywhere as I had been made to believe demons would attack me. I went away from the church, and for a few years was afraid of my own shadow. Couldn't even go through the door because of it.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
If you have asked Jesus to live in your heart then you have NOTHING to FEAR... Because Jesus promised to be with you till the end of the world....

Greater is He that is within you. Perfect love casts out all fear and when God is with you living in your heart you have nothing that you need to fear.

Shame on those Christians teaching such nonsense.

D

Depleted

I was afraid to go anywhere as I had been made to believe demons would attack me. I went away from the church, and for a few years was afraid of my own shadow. Couldn't even go through the door because of it.
Sometimes I think this should be a legitimate option for such bad teachings:

Phoenix77

Mar 7, 2018
Thankyou depleted. That would maybe get some sense in their heads.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm... I'm reminded of an evangelist who was once asked if he cast demons out of the hotel room before he went to bed. He was a Pentecostal, and he knew James 2:19, so he said, "Nah, I'm a One God preacher. If satan wants to lie under my bed and tremble all night, that's his business."

"Greater is He that is in me..." I don't have to learn arcane ward-off signs to protect myself from witch doctors. I don't have to learn the names of all the demons so I can command them by name to leave. I don't even have to command them to leave. I don't have to pick a fight with every evil spirit wherever I go. If they cause trouble I have the power of the name of Jesus, the authority as one of His sons to squelch it. If a demon wants to start something, I am ready and able. If a demon wants to sit on his hands and keep the peace until I leave, that's fine with me too.

But by no means do I have to walk in fear of any demon causing trouble. I believe the Bible says something about God not giving us the spirit of fear, but of POWER, and of love, and of a sound mind.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
this is my advice, not being harsh, but attempting to be helpful- read the Bible. from start to finish. over and over. then you will know the Word of God, and will be able to tell when someone is off base with what they are saying.

I have been told I am going to hell because- I am not perfect, I celebrate Christmas and Easter, I go to church on sunday, I do not keep the jewish Sabbath, I do not keep the O.T. festivals commanded to Israel, I do not wear a suit and tie to church.......

I could go on and on about what " Christians " have told me I will be dammed for, but knowing the Word, I just laugh it off, pray for the lost, mixed up folks who say such rubbish, and go on.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
If this happened to me more than once I would be asking myself why? Is there something about me that leads people to that conclusion?

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013

Unless these people you are talking are like the 7 sons of Sceva, I believe it is safe to say they have never been attacked by demons. The real truth is we, as human, do not like the fact we have flesh and therefore we sin.... The flesh cannot be cast aside it must be crucified... that sucks... sacrificing usually means suffering... oh... of the flesh.... which, did I say, SUCKS!!!!!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Just curious. Why does your Profile Page say you are "unsure" about your spiritual status. IF you are washed in the precious blood of Christ, you SHOULD be SURE of your spiritual status.............right?

Mayhaps, this is some of the problem?

Basic Information

About Phoenix77

Spiritual Status:unsure Country Flag/Nationality:United Kingdom Country (Location):United Kingdom

Feb 28, 2016
PS 56:4.
In God I will praise His Word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

If one is a temple of the Holy Spirit then demons shall flee them.. There is NO chance that Gods Holy Spirit will share His temple ( a true Christian ) with a demon...

When God is With Us we can be bold and free of all fear..

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, yes, yes indeed, He protects His own.
I have been protected and you are too.
bless you