Our New Home?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 28, 2020
Louisville, Ky
Some parts of the bible state we will live for eternity in heaven and others say we will live for eternity on the new earth.
The new earth meaning Jerusalem from what I have read?? So which is it?

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Some parts of the bible state we will live for eternity in heaven and others say we will live for eternity on the new earth.
Replacement theology cuts the Jews right out of the picture.
Our longtime home is heaven
The Jews inherit the earth

Feb 21, 2016
I don't believe in an eternity on earth.But one in heaven after a natural death.And that New Jerusalem is already here.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Some parts of the bible state we will live for eternity in heaven and others say we will live for eternity on the new earth. The new earth meaning Jerusalem from what I have read?? So which is it?
The New Jerusalem is the eternal home of the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body) the "Lamb's Wife". The new earth is the home of redeemed and restored Israel and the saved nations surrounding it. The New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven to become the source of light for the new earth. It will be a heavenly body, to replace the sun. The light of God and of
the Lamb (Christ) will shine from there.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
What really matters is to be with Christ. To die and be with Christ. So shall we ever be with the Lord.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
True. And there will be saved nations surrounding redeemed and restored Israel.
absolutely love that brother.

When Paul speaks about the glory to come, this is what he means.

The the glory of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters cover the seas. I think the church needs to get a grip on this to prepare for the hard test to come.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Where does the Bible state that we shall live in Heaven for eternity in the Bible?

The New earth can be seen as the renewed earth..

The New Jerusalem is a massive city that comes out of heaven and comes down to mankind and we shall live in the New Jerusalem forever with the LORD Jesus.. Thats why the Bible states the meek shall inherit the earth.. The New Jerusalem will be on the new earth..

(Revelation 21:1-4) "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. {2} And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. {3} And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. {4} And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

(Psalms 37:11) "But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend, Great question - with this in mind...:

"In the beginning God Created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1)​
...we can now consider that God Has Two Different Purposes,
one for each of the above - ie:

Prophecy / Covenants / Law, for earthly Israel "to inherit the earth":

Mat_5:5 "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."​

At His Prophesied Second Coming, Of Israel's King, 'to the earth':

"But With Righteousness Shall He Judge the poor, and​
Reprove With Equity for the meek of the earth: and He​
Shall Smite the earth with The Rod of His Mouth, and​
with The Breath of His Lips Shall He Slay the wicked."​
(Isaiah 11:4)​

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

Mystery / Grace, for the Heavenly Body Of Christ, "to dwell in Heaven":

According to The Revelation Of The Mystery, at The
Great Grace Departure Of The Body Of Christ, The Head
Of The Body
Comes "in the air" to "gather His Body To Himself,"...:

Is not Paul a type / figure of the Great Grace Departure Of the 'One Body':

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, ( whether​
in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot​
tell: God Knoweth; ) such an one caught up to the third heaven."​
(2 Corinthians 12:2)​
+
...for Heavenly Judgment (1Co 3:8-15), with rewards ( or loss ) of ruling,
reigning, and judging:

"Know ye not that we shall judge angels?..." (1 Corinthians 6:3a)​

Where?:

"For the hope which is laid up for you In Heaven, whereof​
ye heard before in The Word of The Truth of The Gospel"​
(Colossians 1:5)​
+
"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle​
were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not​
made with hands, Eternal In The Heavens. For in this we​
groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our
house which is from Heaven" (2 Corinthians 5:1-2)​
+
"And The Lord Shall Deliver me from every evil work, and​
Will Preserve me Unto His Heavenly Kingdom: to Whom Be​
Glory for ever and ever. Amen." (2 Timothy 4:18)​

Paul only, or the Entire Body Of Christ?

Amen.
----------
Further study:

Basic Distinctions (14 + 4 more) Of Prophecy vs Mystery!
+
Update/Addition (#19)

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

turbosixx

Sep 16, 2023
This is a deep subject and people have many preconceived ideas which can make it hard to understand. I suggest look at this spiritually. While most Christians view things spiritually, I suggest they have a hard time seeing far enough spiritually.

The physical things in the OT were to help teach us the spiritual things of Christ. For example, the Jews were God's chosen people before Christ. Today and forever, Christians are God's chosen people. Christ combined the two groups into one new man.
Eph. 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.

People call this replacement theology but it's really inclusion. The Gentiles are now added to God's people.
Eph. 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

So if you think about it, before Christ Jerusalem is where God's temple was and where He dwelt on the mercy seat in the most holy place. Today we are God's temple and resides in us.
2:21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

We are also citizens in heaven already.
Phil. 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph. 2:6 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

So I suggest new Jerusalem is the church which will be with God forever in heaven.
My .02

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So I suggest new Jerusalem is the church which will be with God forever in heaven.
How can the New Jerusalem be "the Church", when it is (1) an actual supernatural city with foundations and (2) the eternal home of the Church? We find it described in detail in Revelation, and we also read in Hebrews 11:10 (regarding Abraham): For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

We need to be careful not to "spiritualize" things which are tangible. A lot of harm has been done to Bible interpretation by spiritualizing what should be taken at face value in its plain literal sense. Which does not necessarily mean that we comprehend everything. But at least we do not make a mess of Bible interpretation.

Dec 3, 2023
Just wanted to see others replies to my question. I believe all Christians will live forever on the new earth in Jerusalem, Israel
Heaven and new earth or new Jerusalem is the same meaning whaich is we will live under the word of God forever. Cuz the word of God is the wisdom of life.Without the word of God, life is not life.

May 28, 2020
Louisville, Ky
Where does the Bible state that we shall live in Heaven for eternity in the Bible?

The New earth can be seen as the renewed earth..

The New Jerusalem is a massive city that comes out of heaven and comes down to mankind and we shall live in the New Jerusalem forever with the LORD Jesus.. Thats why the Bible states the meek shall inherit the earth.. The New Jerusalem will be on the new earth..

(Revelation 21:1-4) "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. {2} And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. {3} And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. {4} And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

(Psalms 37:11) "But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
Your answer is what I have studied the most in my many bible studies--thank you!--please come soon Lord!

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
If you should perish as a believer just as Christ returns and make haste toward heaven, turn around.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.”

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
The new earth meaning Jerusalem
The New Jerusalem is a massive city that comes out of heaven and comes down to mankind and we shall live in the New Jerusalem forever with the LORD Jesus
Precious friends, have you also considered the following?:

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem,​
coming down from God out of heaven..." (Rev 21:2)​
+
"And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as​
large as the breadth: and he measured the city with​
the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and
the breadth and the height of it are equal." (Rev 21:16)​
Now, considering The Body of Christ Is to live "eternally In The
Heavens." Could that mean we "are the Upper Heavenly echelons"
of the 1500 cubical miles?...

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ!” (online):

...While Israel inhabits the lower earthly section that "they Eternally
inherited" of the 1500 cubical miles?

Just considering possibilities in conjunction with post # 10, eh?

Amen.