Our New Home?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Replacement theology cuts the Jews right out of the picture.
Our longtime home is heaven
The Jews inherit the earth
Not correct about replacement theology... Replacement Theology simply follows Gods salvation plan for ALL mankind. ALL who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior, and accept Him as such become Heirs to the Promise. Eternal life with Him. Matters not if they are jew or gentile, only matters that they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

As far as Jews (those who refuse to acknowledge Jesus as the Promised Messiah?) inheriting the earth. I do not remember reading that in Scripture, and I know it is not part of Replacement Theology teaching.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Some parts of the bible state we will live for eternity in heaven and others say we will live for eternity on the new earth.
The new earth meaning Jerusalem from what I have read?? So which is it?
The heaven where the saints will dwell for eternity is the new earth and heaven.

We will live on a new earth with a new heaven atmosphere.

The earth cannot be renovated for it is tainted with sin, and the creation the heavenly things cannot be renovated for they have been tainted by the fallen angels which Lucifer is the prince of the power of the air.

All sin must be purged with fire which the saints are baptized by the Holy Ghost with fire.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

God said He is making a new heaven and earth and the former shall not be remembered, nor come to mind, which Jesus went away from the earth to create this place.

The former earth shall be burned up, and all the works of it, and the heavens shall melt with fervent heat.

It is a place where sin has never been, and sin will never be, and rebellion will never raise its ugly head again.

The saints, and angels, will remember nothing prior to the New Jerusalem, and will feel they were always there and nowhere else.

You will not remember any person you knew from the earth for to know them you would know of the earth which they will not know.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

The earth shall be thrown in to the lake of fire.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Eze 39:1 Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
Eze 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
Eze 39:3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.

Zec 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Jesus came to fulfill the law which He had to do what causes a person to be right with God, and fulfill the roles of Israel in a perfect manner.

He is sinless, prefect Saint, King, High Priest, Prophet, and the temple, and sacrifice, and whatever else He had to fulfill.

But He has not fulfilled the role of perfect King on earth, and it must be done on earth so Jesus will reign on earth ruling with His saints for 1000 years.

And then heaven and earth shall pass, and there will be a new heaven and earth where the saints will dwell for eternity.

Some people think that the millennial reign is spiritual but how is Jesus ruling if it spiritual, and people are still disobedient, for when Jesus rules it will be only His way on earth, and no other belief system, which is why the Bible says the LORD shall be King over all the earth, and in the day there shall be one LORD, and His name one, and the knowledge of the LORD shall cover the whole earth.

Which the heathen will not acknowledge any other god, or religious figure, but it will only be the ways of the LORD.

Which has not happened so it is for the future, and has to be done on earth.

Some people think this earth shall go on forever but God said He is making a new heaven, and new earth.

When Jesus takes over the earth there will be a millennial reign with Jesus and the saints ruling over one sixth of the heathen that fought at the battle of Armageddon.

Then after the millennial reign the earth and heaven shall be done away with and there will be a new heaven and earth where sin has never been, and sin will never be.

I go by what the Bible says but many people go by the blueprint that their denomination told them.

Which appears that they do not want to believe their denomination can be wrong but obviously they can be with the afflicting doctrines.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
We will live on a new earth with a new heaven atmosphere.
That is incorrect. The heavenly city New Jerusalem will be the new home of the Church, "the Lamb's Wife". Therefore Abraham "looked for a city which has foundations, who Builder and Maker is God."

In the passage below, the New Jerusalem stands for the Lamb's Wife, but since a city cannot be a wife, it simply means that this is the eternal dwelling place of the Church (which is presently the Bride of Christ). But the Bride becomes the Wife at the Marriage of the Lamb. These are spiritual realities.

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the Bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal (Rev 21;9-11)

At present all the saints who have passed on (deceased) are in the New Jerusalem. After the Resurrection/Rapture all the saints (including the ones who are alive at the Rapture) will be in Heaven. Heaven is "my Father's house" (as stated by Christ) and He has prepared numerous mansions there for the saints (John 14:1-3). The city itself is a cube measuring 1500 cubic miles (Rev 21:16). So it is virtually a continent.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Not correct about replacement theology... Replacement Theology simply follows Gods salvation plan for ALL mankind. ALL who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior, and accept Him as such become Heirs to the Promise. Eternal life with Him. Matters not if they are jew or gentile, only matters that they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

As far as Jews (those who refuse to acknowledge Jesus as the Promised Messiah?) inheriting the earth. I do not remember reading that in Scripture, and I know it is not part of Replacement Theology teaching.
you never read in the OT that the seed of Abraham inherit the earth? ... it constitutes what is called the great Jewish hope.

We are not promised the earth but heaven, we are the church neither Jew or Gentile.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
The Lamb's wife is common knowledge. The new Heaven & New Earth is common knowledge. The church as the adopted sons of Abraham is common knowledge.
It is sad that some of CC's long running members don't know this.
It is so true when the Bible says not to trust in the arm of flesh for it will fail you.
We should read our bibles instead of listening armchair theologians, who say what they feel instead of what is right.
This "I believe" stuff doesn't hold water with the truth. Believing what's right in your own eyes always brought Israel judgment.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

amen

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:26-29‬ ‭

it seems like if we just listen to what God told them in the ot it would make sense

“But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number. Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed: And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name: that he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth:

and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:11-13, 15-17‬ ‭

sets up a pretty clear path through scripture until we see why the kingdom was taken from them in Jesus words

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

But what does God say? What does HE say about those Jews who reject our Lord Jesus?

He says they are beloved .... WOW You never heard that before.

He says "they are enemies of the gospel for your sakes but as touching ELECTION they are beloved for the sake of the Fathers for God's gifts and calling are without repentance and cannot be revoked.

Election is everything in the bible ... you say "but they crucified our Lord" yes but they were predestined to do that. It was all Gods plan. Whether they did good or evil they carried out God's plan ... There was literally no-one else who could have done it, and all so that YOU could be saved.

We owe a massive debt of gratitude to the Jews, yes it's all of God and by His grace, but the Jews were the instruments of it. "Salvation is of the Jews"

The DISobedient ones.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
As far as Jews (those who refuse to acknowledge Jesus as the Promised Messiah?) inheriting the earth.
Jews will not be "inheriting the earth" as such, but those who will receive Christ as their true Messiah (after His Second Coming) will inherit the land of "Greater Israel" (from the Nile to the Euphrates).

This was promised to Abraham and his descendants, then again promised to Isaac, and also Jacob (the "fathers" or patriarchs). Jews from all twelve tribes will be saved, but only those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. There are many prophecies which speak of this.

This in no way undermines the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body). The eternal home of the Church is the New Jerusalem, but redeemed and restored Israel will be on earth.

Christians conveniently forget what God says about the future of Israel in Romans 11. But that is only after the Second Coming of Christ. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer [Christ], and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. (Rom 11:25-27)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Some parts of the bible state we will live for eternity in heaven and others say we will live for eternity on the new earth.
According to John 14, Jesus is preparing a place in His Father's House (Heaven) for the Wedding of the Bride and Groom. We shall then return to Earth with Him seven years later at His Second Coming and ever be with Him there. (The New Jerusalem shall eventually appear upon the New Earth.)

John 14:
2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Revelation 19:
7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Jude 1:
14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
(The New Jerusalem shall eventually appear upon the New Earth.)
I agree with you in this post, but the New Jerusalem will be a heavenly body which comes down from Heaven but not to the earth. It will replace the sun.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (Rev 21:23,24) Having the glory of God... and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; (Rev 21:11)

Presently we walk in the light of the sun. But those who are on earth at that time will walk in the light of the New Jerusalem. And that would only be true if the heavenly city has replaced the sun as a heavenly body.

Also verse 1 does not say that the heavenly city comes down to earth. It simply says that it comes down from Heaven: And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Furthermore it is the eternal home of the Church (the Lamb's Wife), and it is the Lamb's light that shines in it and also lights up the earth. So it cannot be on the earth.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Precious friend, Great question - with this in mind...:

"In the beginning God Created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1)​
...we can now consider that God Has Two Different Purposes,
one for each of the above - ie:

Prophecy / Covenants / Law, for earthly Israel "to inherit the earth":

Mat_5:5 "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."​

At His Prophesied Second Coming, Of Israel's King, 'to the earth':

"But With Righteousness Shall He Judge the poor, and​
Reprove With Equity for the meek of the earth: and He​
Shall Smite the earth with The Rod of His Mouth, and​
with The Breath of His Lips Shall He Slay the wicked."​
(Isaiah 11:4)​

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

Mystery / Grace, for the Heavenly Body Of Christ, "to dwell in Heaven":

According to The Revelation Of The Mystery, at The
Great Grace Departure Of The Body Of Christ, The Head
Of The Body
Comes "in the air" to "gather His Body To Himself,"...:

Is not Paul a type / figure of the Great Grace Departure Of the 'One Body':

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, ( whether​
in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot​
tell: God Knoweth; ) such an one caught up to the third heaven."​
(2 Corinthians 12:2)​
+
...for Heavenly Judgment (1Co 3:8-15), with rewards ( or loss ) of ruling,
reigning, and judging:

"Know ye not that we shall judge angels?..." (1 Corinthians 6:3a)​

Where?:

"For the hope which is laid up for you In Heaven, whereof​
ye heard before in The Word of The Truth of The Gospel"​
(Colossians 1:5)​
+
"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle​
were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not​
made with hands, Eternal In The Heavens. For in this we​
groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our
house which is from Heaven" (2 Corinthians 5:1-2)​
+
"And The Lord Shall Deliver me from every evil work, and​
Will Preserve me Unto His Heavenly Kingdom: to Whom Be​
Glory for ever and ever. Amen." (2 Timothy 4:18)​

Paul only, or the Entire Body Of Christ?

Amen.
----------
Further study:

Basic Distinctions (14 + 4 more) Of Prophecy vs Mystery!
+
Update/Addition (#19)

View attachment 258635
Well, if that were the mystery Paul was teaching, he could have saved the church a lot of Jew-Gentile infighting and Judaism on Christian persecution by more clearly explaining to the Jews that God won't require them to share their inheritance of the earth with those despicable gentiles who will be segregated off into homes a long way off in heaven.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
As Adstar quoted, "He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."

Yes there will be since its written new Jerusalem which is HUGE and ALL can live there if they wanted. Yeah.. you can live where ever you want. Me what comes to mind is a song "I bowed my knees" the part "I want to see JESUS the one that died for all"

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I agree with you in this post, but the New Jerusalem will be a heavenly body which comes down from Heaven but not to the earth. It will replace the sun.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (Rev 21:23,24) Having the glory of God... and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; (Rev 21:11)

Presently we walk in the light of the sun. But those who are on earth at that time will walk in the light of the New Jerusalem. And that would only be true if the heavenly city has replaced the sun as a heavenly body.

Also verse 1 does not say that the heavenly city comes down to earth. It simply says that it comes down from Heaven: And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Furthermore it is the eternal home of the Church (the Lamb's Wife), and it is the Lamb's light that shines in it and also lights up the earth. So it cannot be on the earth.
Revelations 21:
24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Would make for a rather long trip if it is that far out. Lots of wing flapping.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Would make for a rather long trip if it is that far out. Lots of wing flapping.
We do not know enough about how this will happen to comment one way or another. What we do know is this:

1. There will be no sun at the time when God's light lightens the earth:
The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end. Then will all your people be righteous and they will possess the land forever. (Isaiah 60:19-21) Therefore the sun will cease to exist.

2. If the sun is "banished" how can it ever set again? There will be no sunsets.

3. The light of God AND of The Lamb is far better than any sunlight.

4. In order to light THE WHOLE EARTH, the New Jerusalem must of necessity be a heavenly body.

5. But it will not be a globular heavenly body. Rather it will be a huge cube of 1500 cubic miles (length x breadth x height).

May 28, 2020
Louisville, Ky
As Adstar quoted, "He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."

Yes there will be since its written new Jerusalem which is HUGE and ALL can live there if they wanted. Yeah.. you can live where ever you want. Me what comes to mind is a song "I bowed my knees" the part "I want to see JESUS the one that died for all"
Thank you!!!

May 28, 2020
Louisville, Ky

My thoughts as well--a new earth that we dwell on now , only a holy earth with no sin!

Sep 24, 2012
My understanding (which might be wrong) is that believers and people who die who go to heaven anyways like children and those with severe mental disabilities are in heaven. Eventually everyone in heaven will be on the earth during the Millennial Kingdom, and then after Judgment Day everyone will be on the New Earth in the New Jerusalem, which will be our home forever.

May 28, 2020
Louisville, Ky
My understanding (which might be wrong) is that believers and people who die who go to heaven anyways like children and those with severe mental disabilities are in heaven. Eventually everyone in heaven will be on the earth during the Millennial Kingdom, and then after Judgment Day everyone will be on the New Earth in the New Jerusalem, which will be our home forever.
Can't wait!!---Come quickly Jesus!!!