Our new relationship to the law.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
According to the requirement of the law given by Moses.

David did not keep the law.
You must have not read the story of David, unless you leaning on the mistakes David made only. Psalm 19: 7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. written by king David

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Yep

The law was not made for me, I have the righteousness of Christ in me.

Maybe it was made for you?

Again. Good luck trying to save yourself.
Wow!...Paul could of use your help in his struggles and he kept the Laws, statues and Judgements. Let's take a look in Roman 7: 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I'm rolling with Paul here, we need the Laws (Commandment) to deal with this flesh. We not like you, we have to fight this good fight of faith, like Paul says in 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Only to a point. The Law is for unbelievers -1 Timothy 1:7-11

"Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it legitimately. We realize that law is not enacted for the righteous, but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for killers of father or mother, for murderers, or the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave traders and liars and perjurers, and for anyone else who is averse to sound teaching that agrees with the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
The law is also for believers (James 1:22-25).

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Please copy and paste the scripture as I do. I agree we cover by the blood of Jesus and that's only if one get baptize. "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38).

But notice the first thing a person have to do...repent. If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

There's a process in how the Lord deal with us.
You are mainly preaching tp the choir, friend. I have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

However, I would say that there is no condemnation for the believer who walks according to the Spirit (Romans 8:1). Because he is not under the law (Romans 6:14), is dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and is delivered from the law (Romans 7:6) as concerning condemnation.

While as concerning obedience, the believer in Christ has the law written on his heart and mind (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10; Romans 5:5; 1 John 2:3-6) and is under the law to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21); which means that he is obedient to it even though he would not be condemned for disobedience.

E

eternally-gratefull

You must have not read the story of David, unless you leaning on the mistakes David made only. Psalm 19: 7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. written by king David
You must not read the NT. Where we are freed from the curse of the law. And freed to serve a better and living covenant.

Good luck keeping a law no one but Christ has ever kept.

E

eternally-gratefull

Wow!...Paul could of use your help in his struggles and he kept the Laws, statues and Judgements. Let's take a look in Roman 7: 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I'm rolling with Paul here, we need the Laws (Commandment) to deal with this flesh. We not like you, we have to fight this good fight of faith, like Paul says in 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Your rolling with Satan my friend. Not paul

Paul knew he could not keep the law. He knew it was a schoolmaster which led him to christ. He called himself the chief of all sinners.

Again. Good luck trying to earn your salvation by works my friend.

E

eternally-gratefull

If you count yourself to be a sinner, then the law is for you according to the scripture in question.
Nope

I have the righteousness of Christ in me

The law is for the sinner.

The law can not teach me anymore. I look to the law of love. For only in it will I f=grow in righteousness and grace. There is only death and cursing in the law of moses. Thats why it is called the minister of death

Again, you need to change your name my friend.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
why do you defend aussie cops beating people blood silly for violating the non-sense lockdown garbage??
Because God requires that Christians obey the civil authorities. Cops are doing their job. If people don't like it, stay home! Why do you think that it is okay to disobey God and rebel against the authorities that He puts in place? Why do you imagine that it is the police who make the laws? They enforce the law, they do not make it. When I see Jesus inciting riots against Roman rule or Paul inciting riots and encouraging others to do so, I might change my mind. God took care of Israel when Egypt turned against them. God commanded Israel to submit to the rule of Babylon. Israel's rebellion against Rome led to the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem first, and then the nation. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. It cost Saul his kingship. Christians who support the rebellious need to be real careful. If you think that pleases God, think again.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
That's true David did not die, but understand the point of the story. David was not perfect, but he kept the law, statues and Judgement.
The law has no mercy. Obviously he did not keep God's law. A man was killed for collecting firewood on the sabbath. How much more deserving of death was David!

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
If you count yourself to be a sinner, then the law is for you according to the scripture in question.
This is how it goes: Galatians 2:

…18If I rebuild what I have already torn down, I prove myself to be a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live to God. 20I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.…

By faith, not by law. It's not even my faith. It is the faith of the Son of God.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Do you count murder and adultery as "keeping the law"???

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

Rolling with Paul? This is what he had to say: Galatians 2: …18If I rebuild what I have already torn down, I prove myself to be a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live to God. 20I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.…

You should try reading Romans 8.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Is God more interested in us keeping the law or more interested in us as his kids?
What is more important to him?
Us or the law?

These may seem weird questions to ask but where is the relationship?
Is it with the law or God?

We know God and David had a relationship, afterall he was a man after Gods heart.
God said that, yet we know that under the law David should have been put to death.

To me God is more interested in us as his kids.
He knows our weaknesses, he knows we cannot do it without him, he knows we cannot be saved without the sacrifice that Jesus paid for us.
David comes to mind as well to for the above paragraph.

Yet he knows we are broken, hurting people who struggle to do good and obey him.

But surely this is good?
Yes of course it is but there is a but.

That but is that we need to realise that we are weak, we need help and to be totally honest with him and know that he gets us and is willing to help us in our weaknesses.

As David said

Psalms 51:16-17
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise.

That is the relationship God wants.

He is a loving Father who just wants relationship and it his him and him only who works in us to be like him.

That then is our relationship to the royal law.

Status
Not open for further replies.