Outrage after John Wayne's old interview resurfaces

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
John Wayne was a man of his times. If he was born 75 years later, he would think differently. Let's enjoy his movies and leave his politics and personal views behind.

Mar 23, 2016
Outrage after actor's decades-old interview resurfaces
It appears everyone has "decades-old" stuff that can "resurface" (bold mine) :

Conservatives struck back at Media Matters for America (MMFA) late Sunday and early Monday in response the organization's recent hit job on Fox News host Tucker Carlson.
Critics of MMFA noted the organization never fully assumed accountability for its president's own old blog posts — in which he used words like "trannies," "homos" and degraded "Bangladeshis" — and it never seems to call for the ousting of liberals caught saying similarly dubious things, like Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar and MSNBC host Joy Reid.
Ned Ryun, the CEO of American Majority, brought up MMFA's silence on Joy Reid and its overall partisan agenda.
"Their entire purpose for existence is to take out conservatives in media and politics," Ryun said. "They're a partisan hit squad trying to delegitimize and de-platform conservatives … serious-minded people should understand this is political warfare and tell Media Matters to go pound sand."

More "for you but not for me" twaddle.

Sad, because in the past we were a nation of free speech. Not so much nowadays ...

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
A defiant Tucker Carlson refused again Monday night to apologize for his comments about women and child rape that emerged Sunday night on social media.

Minutes later, Media Matters, a self-described "progressive media watchdog," that published the clips and transcripts, dropped a second batch of audio offerings in which Carlson can be heard making racist and xenophobic remarks about Iraq, Afghanistan Muslims, the Obamas and immigrants.

"We've always apologized when we're wrong and will continue to do that," Carlson said while addressing the clips released Sunday, adding that the leftist "mob" attacks free speech and demands conformity to political correctness. "That's what decent people do; they apologize. But we will never bow to the mob."

Full story:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...son-leftist-mob-bubba-love-sponge/3135301002/

Tucker is part of the mob.

U

UnderGrace

News is no longer news, they should all just go under two names "Dirty Laundry Daily Left" or Dirty Laundry Daily Right"

It is simply a continuing expose of who these people really are behind the scenes,

each side denigrates the other for a time, until the next news cycle brings fresh victims.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I did not click the link. I dont need to. I probably read at least part of the interview at one time anyway.
Like a previous poster said, in so many words - different time, different world.

Some if what ge said was ignorant and biased, we get it.

Still...
Modern day liberals just need to deal with it as best as they possibly can. Hopefully they won't need to.many therapy sessions or time outs in their safe spaces.

Mar 23, 2016
too bad msm snippets which make their way to CC do not line up with Philippians 4:8 -

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

If thoughts are focused on those things which are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report, virtuous, praiseworthy, then what comes out of the heart and flows through the lips (and which makes its way to msm) will be edifying.

K

kaylagrl

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Could always exhume him and burn the remains if that would keep yer happy.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah! 50 years go I said poop a lot. now I almost never say it!!

S

Susanna

Rio Bravo comes to mind.

Good one.