Outrageous bonds and bloodbaths

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
They claim about themselves that they are "white hat Christian patriots" doing spiritual warfare

Sometimes they don't tell people this, but they think they are going to achieve world domination for Jesus so maybe they are part of the catholic cult as they too claim to be taking over the world for Jesus

They are freaky people no doubt about that.
And totally ignoring scripture, including 2 Timothy 2:3 - 3Join me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4A soldier refrains from entangling himself in civilian affairs, in order to please the one who enlisted him.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
Sure I do. You're noble because you vote for a candidate that you stipulate doesn't meet your criteria. Others are not.
OK, you're right, my bad.

In the meantime, did you read post 100? That's really the issue here.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
OK, you're right, my bad.

In the meantime, did you read post 100? That's really the issue here.
You have a point that people vote often in ways that are at odds with their professed beliefs. But voting itself is not sinful and voting for the one who will protect innocent life is far better in my opinion than one who will not. Jesus spoke of the children of the world being wiser than the children of the light. It's not always black and white.
I personally like your passion.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
You have a point that people vote often in ways that are at odds with their professed beliefs. But voting itself is not sinful and voting for the one who will protect innocent life is far better in my opinion than one who will not. Jesus spoke of the children of the world being wiser than the children of the light. It's not always black and white.
I personally like your passion.
Thank you for appreciating my passion. Some find it annoying lol.

No, voting is not sinful. As long as we have candidates who are not sinful (which pretty much disqualifies all of us doesn't it lol)

Protecting innocent life. There's the sticky wicket. trump/republicans do protect innocent life - right up until it is born. Then it's on it's own. trump/republicans do all they can to strip healthcare from all but the rich, so a newborn baby who is not born to a rich person has no medical support (nor did it have medical support prior to it's birth). Nor will it have nutritional support. Nor will it most likely have loving and emotional support, seeing as the mother did not want it. Nor will it have educational opportunities only afforded by the rich. I could go on but I hope you see the point.

So I'm going to have to call uh-uh on your claim that trump/republicans protect innocent life. That protection ceases the moment it is born.

And, is the abortion issue really that important that we can turn a blind eye to all the other Christian values trump/republicans violate?

And finally, no, this is not an endorsement of biden/liberals, who besides wanting to provide protection to the innocent once they are born, are none the less guilty of even more atrocious sins.

(And you still dodged the even greater issue made in post 100)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Thank you for appreciating my passion. Some find it annoying lol.

No, voting is not sinful. As long as we have candidates who are not sinful (which pretty much disqualifies all of us doesn't it lol)

Protecting innocent life. There's the sticky wicket. trump/republicans do protect innocent life - right up until it is born. Then it's on it's own. trump/republicans do all they can to strip healthcare from all but the rich, so a newborn baby who is not born to a rich person has no medical support (nor did it have medical support prior to it's birth). Nor will it have nutritional support. Nor will it most likely have loving and emotional support, seeing as the mother did not want it. Nor will it have educational opportunities only afforded by the rich. I could go on but I hope you see the point.

So I'm going to have to call uh-uh on your claim that trump/republicans protect innocent life. That protection ceases the moment it is born.

And, is the abortion issue really that important that we can turn a blind eye to all the other Christian values trump/republicans violate?

And finally, no, this is not an endorsement of biden/liberals, who besides wanting to provide protection to the innocent once they are born, are none the less guilty of even more atrocious sins.

(And you still dodged the even greater issue made in post 100)
I disagree fundamentally on your characterization of Republicans. A good instance is what you have stated about after birth. Just because someone doesn't believe it is the government's responsibility to provide care for individuals from cradle to grave doesn't mean they aren't compassionate. It is the role of the church to respond to the needs of the community. Because the church has abdicated one of its responsibilities to the government doesn't mean we should continue in this way. Government "generosity" has served to destroy the family unit and institutionalized poverty. There are a myriad of other problems that follow as well.
If we really want to change society, we need strong marriages that yield strong families that yield strong churches that yield strong communities which yield strong local government, etc. Government will never be the catalyst of this.
As for what I missed, perhaps you will be kind enough to restate your premise.

Dec 29, 2023
Yeah, nothing screams righteousness like that witch Stevie Nicks \sarcasm :rolleyes:

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Landslide
A landslide victory is an election result in which the victorious candidate or party wins by an overwhelming margin.

:unsure::devilish::)
Bald Man Not Comforted By Fact That God Knows All The Hairs On His Head
THEOLOGY·Mar 25, 2024 · BabylonBee.com

UPLAND, CA — A local bald man disclosed that he was not able to take any comfort in the biblical passage which says God knows the number of hairs on his head.
Though many Christians throughout church history have rested on the fact that the Lord was so attentive to them that He knew and numbered each of the hairs on their heads, the man instead felt gravely concerned by the verse.
"That doesn't really put me at ease," said Garrett Lancaster, a bald man. "I know it's supposed to illustrate the Father's love and care for us in that He knows how many hairs we all have on our heads and numbers each one, but… I mean, look at me. Numbering the hairs on my head doesn't exactly take a lot of close examination or attention. Are guys like me excluded from that verse or something?"

A popular theologian attempted to assuage Lancaster's concern. "I can assure you God also cares deeply for bald men," said Dr. Raef Hargrave. "While it may be evident that the Lord quite obviously cares for people with thick, lustrous heads of hair a bit more, that should not be taken as an indication that He completely disregards bald people. He certainly cares for them. Somewhat."
At publishing time, despite any unsettling feeling over the verse, Lancaster remained steadfast in his faith. "Someday," he said, "At the end of my life on earth when I arrive in glory, I will receive a beautiful, eternal head of hair. Praise God!"

Dec 29, 2023
Well, there are little ports where the hair would be if he had hair

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Bald Man Not Comforted By Fact That God Knows All The Hairs On His Head
THEOLOGY·Mar 25, 2024 · BabylonBee.com

UPLAND, CA — A local bald man disclosed that he was not able to take any comfort in the biblical passage which says God knows the number of hairs on his head.
Though many Christians throughout church history have rested on the fact that the Lord was so attentive to them that He knew and numbered each of the hairs on their heads, the man instead felt gravely concerned by the verse.
"That doesn't really put me at ease," said Garrett Lancaster, a bald man. "I know it's supposed to illustrate the Father's love and care for us in that He knows how many hairs we all have on our heads and numbers each one, but… I mean, look at me. Numbering the hairs on my head doesn't exactly take a lot of close examination or attention. Are guys like me excluded from that verse or something?"

A popular theologian attempted to assuage Lancaster's concern. "I can assure you God also cares deeply for bald men," said Dr. Raef Hargrave. "While it may be evident that the Lord quite obviously cares for people with thick, lustrous heads of hair a bit more, that should not be taken as an indication that He completely disregards bald people. He certainly cares for them. Somewhat."
At publishing time, despite any unsettling feeling over the verse, Lancaster remained steadfast in his faith. "Someday," he said, "At the end of my life on earth when I arrive in glory, I will receive a beautiful, eternal head of hair. Praise God!"
The benefits of going bald (bbc.com) :)

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
I disagree fundamentally on your characterization of Republicans. A good instance is what you have stated about after birth. Just because someone doesn't believe it is the government's responsibility to provide care for individuals from cradle to grave doesn't mean they aren't compassionate. It is the role of the church to respond to the needs of the community. Because the church has abdicated one of its responsibilities to the government doesn't mean we should continue in this way. Government "generosity" has served to destroy the family unit and institutionalized poverty. There are a myriad of other problems that follow as well.
If we really want to change society, we need strong marriages that yield strong families that yield strong churches that yield strong communities which yield strong local government, etc. Government will never be the catalyst of this.
So you can use government to force people to live according to your rules, you can use government to force women to have children who will grow up hungry, sick, and unloved, but you can't use government to step in and take care of these things when the church refuses to (where's THEIR compassion? Why are they not stepping up?). Seems a bit hypocritical, but that too is something the republicans are great at.

It's funny, the self-esteem, me-me-me, only I matter thing was a liberal teaching. Yet in their hatred of all thing libtard, conservatives have embraced this one and raised it to an art form.

A Christianity that seeks a politician/political answer to a spiritual problem is a Christianity that no longer believes Jesus is it's savior.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
As for what I missed, perhaps you will be kind enough to restate your premise.
It's only one page back, but ok...

Well, yes, voting is pretty moot at this point, even a protest vote. What's prophesied to happen will happen no matter how one votes, even a vote in protest.

But look at what's prophesied to happen:

A one world government

Christians thinking they can stop the one world government by voting 'for the lesser evil'

Christians voting for the lesser evil being duped into abandoning Christian mores

Some Christians taking it so far as to lose their faith.

THATS what it's really about. I don't want to see any of my brothers and sisters being duped and risking their faith by supporting the perceived 'lesser evil'

Because that's all it is, a perception. Or as scripture calls it, a deception

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So you can use government to force people to live according to your rules, you can use government to force women to have children who will grow up hungry, sick, and unloved, but you can't use government to step in and take care of these things when the church refuses to (where's THEIR compassion? Why are they not stepping up?). Seems a bit hypocritical, but that too is something the republicans are great at.

It's funny, the self-esteem, me-me-me, only I matter thing was a liberal teaching. Yet in their hatred of all thing libtard, conservatives have embraced this one and raised it to an art form.

A Christianity that seeks a politician/political answer to a spiritual problem is a Christianity that no longer believes Jesus is it's savior.
Again, I disagree with your characterization of what is true. By this point someone should have had a talk with you about the birds and the bees. But since no one has, let me explain. When 2 willing participants engage in intimate acts,the result of such activity often leads to procreation. They decided themselves to have a child. No one coerced them to do. So no one has forced them to have a baby.
Secondly, since when should the consequences of our actions be the responsibility of another? Why should my tax dollars be used to encourage poor and often sinful behavior?
Third, governments exist to enforce laws. Abortion is sanctioned murder. Whatever the solution is, abortion has no place in the conversation.
And last, I don't think the government should go beyond its constitutional mandate. The federal government has only 5 real responsibilities:
1. Coin money and regulate its value
2. Provide an army to protect from invasion
3. Conduct foreign affairs amongst nations
4. Regulate interstate commerce
5. Levy taxes appropriate to the running of government
Anything beyond this, the states should demand back from the federal government which has usurped that power from the states.
Personally, I don't rely on government. I have independent water and food sources, and independent means to produce wealth.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
It's only one page back, but ok...

Well, yes, voting is pretty moot at this point, even a protest vote. What's prophesied to happen will happen no matter how one votes, even a vote in protest.

But look at what's prophesied to happen:

A one world government

Christians thinking they can stop the one world government by voting 'for the lesser evil'

Christians voting for the lesser evil being duped into abandoning Christian mores

Some Christians taking it so far as to lose their faith.

THATS what it's really about. I don't want to see any of my brothers and sisters being duped and risking their faith by supporting the perceived 'lesser evil'

Because that's all it is, a perception. Or as scripture calls it, a deception
I also disagree with you on what is actually prophesied and when it takes place. But regardless of that, we are called to be stewards of the things the Lord has placed in our care, and to improve them. So I make a difference where I've been planted. If and when Christians begin doing the same, the world will be a better place.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
I also disagree with you on what is actually prophesied and when it takes place. But regardless of that, we are called to be stewards of the things the Lord has placed in our care, and to improve them. So I make a difference where I've been planted. If and when Christians begin doing the same, the world will be a better place.
IF being the issue.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
Again, I disagree with your characterization of what is true. By this point someone should have had a talk with you about the birds and the bees. But since no one has, let me explain. When 2 willing participants engage in intimate acts,the result of such activity often leads to procreation. They decided themselves to have a child. No one coerced them to do. So no one has forced them to have a baby.
Secondly, since when should the consequences of our actions be the responsibility of another? Why should my tax dollars be used to encourage poor and often sinful behavior?
Third, governments exist to enforce laws. Abortion is sanctioned murder. Whatever the solution is, abortion has no place in the conversation.
And last, I don't think the government should go beyond its constitutional mandate. The federal government has only 5 real responsibilities:
1. Coin money and regulate its value
2. Provide an army to protect from invasion
3. Conduct foreign affairs amongst nations
4. Regulate interstate commerce
5. Levy taxes appropriate to the running of government
Anything beyond this, the states should demand back from the federal government which has usurped that power from the states.
Personally, I don't rely on government. I have independent water and food sources, and independent means to produce wealth.
So where in your idea of government (which I don't totally disagree with) does outlawing the lgbtq thing and abortion come in? Not that I'm not against those things, I am, but it's hypocritical to say government doesn't have the right to approve or disapprove of how we live, unless it's over how those people live.

Jesus taught us the right way to live. But when did He ever petition Rome ( or better yet run for office) to force compliance with what He preached?

And yes the church should be stepping up and handling these things, but given that it's not, those innocent lives you claim are sacred are just SOOL?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So where in your idea of government (which I don't totally disagree with) does outlawing the lgbtq thing and abortion come in? Not that I'm not against those things, I am, but it's hypocritical to say government doesn't have the right to approve or disapprove of how we live, unless it's over how those people live.

Jesus taught us the right way to live. But when did He ever petition Rome ( or better yet run for office) to force compliance with what He preached?

And yes the church should be stepping up and handling these things, but given that it's not, those innocent lives you claim are sacred are just SOOL?
Abortion is easy to outlaw...it's murder. And who is persecuting gays? In America, they are on the protected species list.
The way to impact a culture is to have strong marriages, as I said. This yields strong families which yields strong churches and institutions. Ultimately, it takes God. So revival would be awesome right about now.