Outrageous bonds and bloodbaths

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So what do you see prophesy saying will happen, and when
I'm happy to share, but from what you have shared I know we are miles apart.
But basically I believe most prophecy was fulfilled in the 1st century.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Abortion is easy to outlaw...it's murder. And who is persecuting gays? In America, they are on the protected species list.
The way to impact a culture is to have strong marriages, as I said. This yields strong families which yields strong churches and institutions. Ultimately, it takes God. So revival would be awesome right about now.
Those are good reasons .
Here's another reason Cameron.
Killing babies like the heathens in the OT brought God's judgement upon the entire nation.
Allowing Sodomites in the land brought God's judgement upon the entire nation.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Those are good reasons .
Here's another reason Cameron.
Killing babies like the heathens in the OT brought God's judgement upon the entire nation.
Allowing Sodomites in the land brought God's judgement upon the entire nation.
America's greatness has greatly dwindled as a result of the judgment God has brought against her as a result of the nation's sin. What is occurring now will no doubt continue and grow worse unless God's people humble themselves and pray, and seek His face,and turns from this wickedness. And you make an excellent point. But notice, God doesn't place the impetus for healing upon the wicked changing, but on His own people to live as they already should be living.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
America's greatness has greatly dwindled as a result of the judgment God has brought against her as a result of the nation's sin. What is occurring now will no doubt continue and grow worse unless God's people humble themselves and pray, and seek His face,and turns from this wickedness. And you make an excellent point. But notice, God doesn't place the impetus for healing upon the wicked changing, but on His own people to live as they already should be living.
That verse in particular does apply to God's people. How true that is. We should indeed take heed. It's the norm for Christians to marry unbelievers and repeat the sins of the OT.

It's been a while since I studied the topic, but there are 3 or 4 reasons that God judges nations. I'll only add one more for now.
There are many examples of God's judgement upon the nations in general.
Remember Nineveh, Sodom, Gomorrah and the other cities of the same plain?
There were certain sins that brought national or citywide wrath from on high.
He often called them Reprobate/ rejected.

Chapter 6 of Genesis, God started over with one family. Sadly, one of Noah's sons was a pervert. That led to the judgement of many heathen nations from his lineage.

Lastly, look at the world when Christ calls His people out.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
I'm happy to share, but from what you have shared I know we are miles apart.
But basically I believe most prophecy was fulfilled in the 1st century.
So you're happy to share but you're not going to?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So you're happy to share but you're not going to?
I told you. I believe most prophecy was fulfilled in the first century. I believe the book of Revelation explains what happened to Israel in 70AD because Israel failed to keep the old covenant and God's plan to continue to redeem man under the new covenant.
This is a very broad overview, but I don't believe the return of Christ is imminent.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
I told you. I believe most prophecy was fulfilled in the first century. I believe the book of Revelation explains what happened to Israel in 70AD because Israel failed to keep the old covenant and God's plan to continue to redeem man under the new covenant.
This is a very broad overview, but I don't believe the return of Christ is imminent.
So we are now in the millennium, and this is as good as it's going to get?

God offered the Messiah to the Jews. They rejected Him, and suffered their tribulation in 43 ad for doing so.

God then offers the Christ to the world. The world is rejecting Him ... will the world not now suffer it's tribulation, just as the Jews did?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So we are now in the millennium, and this is as good as it's going to get?

God offered the Messiah to the Jews. They rejected Him, and suffered their tribulation in 43 ad for doing so.

God then offers the Christ to the world. The world is rejecting Him ... will the world not now suffer it's tribulation, just as the Jews did?
This is hardly as good as it is going to get, but it is better than it has ever been. And yes, I do believe the millennial reign is now and began with the resurrection of Jesus. Jesus said I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against. This is a significant change in the world order. Satan was previously able to keep the majority of mankind in darkness. After the cross, people have been saved in large numbers. Before salvation was largely available to one nation. Now we see people from every nation, kindred, tribe, and tongue being redeemed.
Most people tend to see history in terms of the here and now. And they also tend to believe that if God decrees something that it will instantly come to pass. But God has always worked gradually and deliberately through history. History itself is under divine control and is unfolding according to a divine timetable.
Before moving forward, let me ask a couple of questions. Jesus said He came to destroy the works of the devil. What are the works of the devil? And how is Jesus destroying them?

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
This is hardly as good as it is going to get, but it is better than it has ever been. And yes, I do believe the millennial reign is now and began with the resurrection of Jesus. Jesus said I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against. This is a significant change in the world order. Satan was previously able to keep the majority of mankind in darkness. After the cross, people have been saved in large numbers. Before salvation was largely available to one nation. Now we see people from every nation, kindred, tribe, and tongue being redeemed.
Most people tend to see history in terms of the here and now. And they also tend to believe that if God decrees something that it will instantly come to pass. But God has always worked gradually and deliberately through history. History itself is under divine control and is unfolding according to a divine timetable.
Before moving forward, let me ask a couple of questions. Jesus said He came to destroy the works of the devil. What are the works of the devil? And how is Jesus destroying them?
The works of the devil are the works of sin, which are now flourishing in the world. I just can't imagine that happening during Christ's rule. Sure doesn't lend credence to the idea He is destroying them. For the majority of the world, including some believers, they are increasing exponentially - not what one would expect from something that is supposedly being destroyed.

I would again refer you to the study/book I wrote on it. Not as an end-all be-all on the subject, but because their are points made within it you need to consider. Because, my friend, you are sorely sorely wrong.

https://sites.google.com/view/whatwilltheendbelike/home

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The works of the devil are the works of sin, which are now flourishing in the world. I just can't imagine that happening during Christ's rule. Sure doesn't lend credence to the idea He is destroying them. For the majority of the world, including some believers, they are increasing exponentially - not what one would expect from something that is supposedly being destroyed.

I would again refer you to the study/book I wrote on it. Not as an end-all be-all on the subject, but because their are points made within it you need to consider. Because, my friend, you are sorely sorely wrong.

https://sites.google.com/view/whatwilltheendbelike/home
I have a lot to say about this but cannot right now. Will post later.

Dec 29, 2023
You are in need of an editor...

Just because you would prefer to word some things differently does not mean he needs any editor.

It just means your preference would be to word some things differently.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
Just because you would prefer to word some things differently does not mean he needs any editor.

It just means your preference would be to word some things differently.
As my pastor said, there's a lot of information in there. I'm thinking maybe she feels it could be cut down in length?

Or maybe I need to quit posting when I'm tired and half asleep!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Are you volunteering for the job?
How much is there to read? Right in the first sentence you have used thru instead of through.
In order to walk thru this together... I would think the subject matter would curtail such informalities.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
How much is there to read? Right in the first sentence you have used thru instead of through.
In order to walk thru this together... I would think the subject matter would curtail such informalities.
As my pastor said when he read it, there's a LOT of information in it. You could have just scrolled down to see how long it is. It is a book, not a treatise.

And thru is actually in the dictionary