Overcoming Blasphemous Thoughts

  • Thread starter Thread starter passionforguitar
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

passionforguitar

Guest
Last night I prayed to God, asking for a revelation. I think I had one today.

I woke up this morning with this thought in my head, " It seems like it would be rejecting the Holy Spirit's salvation for you in your heart, having it be so hardened to God that He CAN'T save you. "

And of course, I thought about it, because my carnal mind is like that.

I got worried, I of course started praying.

I had another revelation.

I was just praying to God, saying I was sorry for the blasphemous thoughts I have been struggling with when this thought just popped into my head " You speak through the Holy Spirit, not necessarily think through him. "

It's how the Holy Spirit kind of tells you what to say and what not to.
So God will not condemn you for carnal minded thoughts! The only way to blaspheme the Spirit is in Spirit.

What I understood from this was the only way to blaspheme him is through spoken words, not through carnal minded thoughts. God understands that our carnal/human minds and thoughts are always emnity against God. It is a spoken rejection of The Holy Spirit's salvation for you.

I don't really know if it was the Holy Spirit, but once this thought came into my mind I felt a surge of happiness.

I feel bubbly inside, even right now, I don't know if that even made sense. I'm just filled with happiness right now.
 
Those were not your thoughts, only an entity puts those thoughts in a person.
I used to be very angry. I had an exorcism and my anger fell away.
talk to a priest. They can help.
It feeds on anger. If you are angry at anyone. Forgive them.
 
[It's how the Holy Spirit kind of tells you what to say and what not to.
So God will not condemn you for carnal minded thoughts! The only way to blaspheme the Spirit is in Spirit.]


That is an interesting thought.