Overscheduled families

  • Thread starter Thread starter Airam5
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Airam5

Guest
Exhausting, totally.. What is it to be Christian, a good mother, a wife? Really, who knows? We all try our best, hurtling around various obligations. School drop? Check! Work? Ditto! Youth club? Basketball practice etc etc? Check! Is this what it's all about? Doubtful, really can't be, but this is the hamster wheel I find myself (alongside closest friends) on. Does Christianity = Overscheduled? More than likely, probably, maybe definitely, time to reevaluate?
 
Sounds more like competition with the world. 'See, I'm Christian and I can do just as many things as you'. Tend to think that God prefers Christians be less busy and have more time with Him, living as examples for your kids and being a witness. Good can come from keeping kids active, but is it lasting?
 
It is your choice. The message I read is unsure. Do everything as unto the Lord.
Having kids, organising 5+ peoples lives is a full time job, along with all the flak, but Jesus can empower us to be overcomers in His love.

Often I find it is stepping back and observing the why and how we are doing things, and which things wind us up, and how could we make things different.

I see only a little bit of the successes and failures of others, and can help maybe, a little, but sometimes I am just a passenger or blocker of someone elses use of time or effort.

Each individual I deal with is such a mixture, but in the rush I can miss that contact, that putting things to one side, and make space and time to be with another. Without this we are just leaves blown in the breeze of activity with no direction, which is not how Jesus envisioned our spiritual and relationship world to be.