Paper Money and Fiat Currency is the Mark of the Beast

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I’m done talking to people like you. I’m telling you about the evil of the fiat system but you go on to accuse me of being obsessed with money. Lol, you are certainly good at false accusations. I don’t need to defend myself against a bunch of modern day Pharisees.
Well you haven't really talked about anything except money here so far, that I know of, so you can see how I might make that connection. From the beginning of our conversation I've been talking about the whole topic as though it correlates with love of money and with the misplaced priorities & lack of understanding of our station that entails. It's not about you at all but about the concepts tacit within the topic itself. Is it not so, however, that your whole argument boils down to the premise that our current civilization doesn't give you all the gold you believe you deserve?

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Inflation simply makes the paper money in a person's hand lose its purchasing power. So while your labor originally earned you a full day's meal, it now only entitles you to half a day's meal due to inflation. Half a day's meal is stolen from you because of inflation, so yes it is theft.
Oh for crying out loud, Gavi’s back.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
This thread is just another example of not taking the bible literally. When you don't take the bible as it is written, you can make it say anything you want.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
This thread is just another example of not taking the bible literally. When you don't take the bible as it is written, you can make it say anything you want.
It's true. The mark of the beast has to do with the final government of the age of the gentiles - which we are not in at the moment; were still in the two-part division of Rome. But representative currency has been around for a long time.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I see. Thanks for finding that post for me.

Then I would clarify my post 493 this way:

I agree that love is always shown through actions.

What I'm saying is this: the commandment that says, in so many words, don't eat bacon, or the one that says don't charge your brother interest, those commandments are actually fulfilled today by individual Christians loving their neighbor. For Christians today, it is not about what goes into one's mouth, or if one owns stock in a bank.

Though I do agree that it is generally good to maintain good health through diet and I can't currently think of an example where it would be loving for me as an individual to charge interest on my neighbor.

My personal philosophy is not to lend, just give or don't give.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
How is it not practising what one preach when the OP had already gotten rid of fiat money and asking other believers to do the same? Just because in the process of getting rid of his fiat money he enabled people to use fiat money? Just because he somehow used the fiat money in order to get rid of it?

How then do you propose he get rid of fiat money when the entire world will not stop using fiat money and he cannot change the world?
I don't doubt that the OP doesn't currently handle paper money. But by maintaining a website, he is obligating other people to continue dealing in the fiat money system.

When I talked with the OP earlier in this thread, he indicated that he thought it was wrong not only to use fiat currency, but that it was also wrong to use gold and silver to pay someone else to use fiat currency.

His website is hosted on a server located in Houston Texas by a company named Unified Layer.

https://www.whoishostingthis.com/#search=wisdomofgod.us

In order to maintain that server, the people running it are supplying it with electricity, an internet connection, and maintenance technicians, just to name a few things. They are supplying these things on an ongoing basis.

I sincerely doubt that Unified Layer operates outside the fiat money system.

He doesn't have to have a website, it isn't a necessity of life.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
How is it not practising what one preach when the OP had already gotten rid of fiat money and asking other believers to do the same? Just because in the process of getting rid of his fiat money he enabled people to use fiat money? Just because he somehow used the fiat money in order to get rid of it?

How then do you propose he get rid of fiat money when the entire world will not stop using fiat money and he cannot change the world?
(this post should not be construed in any way to be a criticism of Christian chat or its fundraising activities.)

You might also want to consider what happens when you log on to Christian chat.

It too has a server and maintenance costs. Every month the administrator sends out a fundraising letter.

Here's the December one

Hi Dan_473, we hope you had a blessed Christmas focused on Christ and family! This is our monthly fundraiser mail and a very special one since it's also for the New Year, 2020!

If you don't know me, I'm the founding administrator here and we send this out every month to raise funds that literally keep Christian Chat going, as CC is totally member supported!

If you can pitch in any amount, big or small, it helps!

People do really benefit from hearing, reading, and sharing the word of God online here, and we're glad to help facilitate that. God's word and the counsel based on his word is so powerful for changing lives, hearts, and families -- mine included!

So if our online medium for God's word and fellowship here at Christian Chat is helpful to you or you want to keep it going for others, here's the link to donate. And Happy New Year 2020, Dan_473! :)

Simply click here to donate.

P.S. if you're outside of the USA and have trouble entering the postal code for the donate by card option, simply enter 5 zero's.
And fiat currency is specifically requested

https://christianchat.com/donate/

So while by your words you are encouraging people not to use Fiat money, by your actions you are encouraging the use of Fiat money.

Mar 28, 2016
I did a google search on this topic after seeing it on another forum just days ago and realized that it was posted here as well. I was looking for more information on this.

I was not convicted by what fiat currency could represent, but by how Christians are NOT supposed to engage in evil or support evil practices. This topic simply served as a reminder of that godly principle.
In the end of the matter it has nothing to do as what the eyes see. We walk by faith the unseen eternal . Its an evil generation that looks to signs as wonders.. . called signs and wonders . Two principles working as one. Not just signs like the signs of the time the seasons . Wonderments are source of unseen faith. .

The 666, the number of man as beast of the field is simply not a literal mark and the buying and selling has to do with the gospel. Like David said.." Buy the gospel truth do not sell it". The foundation is found in Genesis 4 called the mark of Cain the restless wanderer (no sabbath rest) .666 is the number of unconverted mankind that has no faith in a God not seen.

Revelation 13:18 Anyone who has understanding can find the meaning of the beast’s number. This requires wisdom. This number is the number of a man. It is 666.

We walk by faith the unseen eternal, not by sight the temporal seen .No signs as a wonderment. The last sign as a wonderment was given. The sing of Jonas the wonderment fulfilled with the Son of man Jesus at Calvary.

Enxu

Jan 13, 2020
I don't doubt that the OP doesn't currently handle paper money. But by maintaining a website, he is obligating other people to continue dealing in the fiat money system.
That’s false premise. The use of the website is to warn against the use of fiat currency. That is a legit use. Whether other people use fiat money to support his use of website is their choice, not his. Stop shifting the blame.

Enxu

Jan 13, 2020
(this post should not be construed in any way to be a criticism of Christian chat or its fundraising activities.)

It too has a server and maintenance costs. Every month the administrator sends out a fundraising letter.

Here's the December one

So while by your words you are encouraging people not to use Fiat money, by your actions you are encouraging the use of Fiat money.
I never supported it by actually donating or using fiat currency on it. Stop the blame shifting. Everyone is responsible for only their own actions, others can only warn.

Enxu

Jan 13, 2020

Here's the December one

You falsely accuse me for no reason. I came on this website to defend the truth, not engage in fiat currency transactions. Neither my actions nor my intentions prove me guilty. Watch what you say because you are accountable for every idle word before God.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Revelation 13:15 The second beast was permitted to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed. 16And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark—the name of the beast or the number of its name.…

The mark is in the hand or the forehead. Meaning people may not believe in the beast power but follow it anyway just to keep peace with the beast and not be killed - that would be the mark in the hand.... mark in the forehead means that they believe in the beast power and back it up fully.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
"Paper Money and Fiat Currency is the Mark of the Beast"

🤔
🙅‍♂️

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I never said your employer robbed you, I said the controllers of fiat system robbed you through inflation by holding your income for you and then devaluing it over time. Taxation may be considered another form of theft but my point about theft via fiat system remains solid.
Sure, if taxation is theft then inflation is also theft, because inflation can be seen as just another kind of tax.

So there's income tax, real estate tax, gasoline tax… inflation… the list goes on and on.

Inflation is actually one of the smaller ones.

Income tax can easily be twenty times greater than the inflation tax for many people.

I offered to explain all this to the OP, but he said he wasn't interested in hearing what I had to say.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
That’s false premise. The use of the website is to warn against the use of fiat currency. That is a legit use. Whether other people use fiat money to support his use of website is their choice, not his. Stop shifting the blame.
I believe you misunderstood what I was saying.

I wasn't talking about people choosing to use Fiat money to support his website.

His website is hosted by United Layer (probably Layers, I think the name got cut off).

When he signed up with United layer, he essentially entered into a contractual agreement which obligates them to maintain the server on which his website is loaded. This maintenance, which continues to this present day, virtually requires United layer to engage in the Fiat money system.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
@Enxu

Genesis 47:14-16
And Joseph gathered up all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corn which they bought: and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh's house. And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth. And Joseph said, Give your cattle; and I will give you for your cattle, if money fail.

In Egypt "the money failed" and Joseph stated trading grain for livestock.

Take a look at what happened here: there was great famine. There's our causation. Result: scarcity of some resources and and and abundance of demand for them. What did this do to prices? Inflation.

So much inflation that the money failed.

Couple of takeaways:
God was the cause. He sent famine, provoking the simultaneous scarcity and high demand that produced inflation. Joseph, acting as God's servant, was the hand through which the inflation was administered. Therefore if a person says, "inflation is always evil and its theft" then in this instance they are calling God and His servant an evil thief.

The money failed. Guess what the money was? Silver and gold coinage. Which is fiat currency - the REAL currency of value was grain, not silver, not gold. Measured weights of silver and gold were being used as representations of actual wealth - foodstuffs - and the gold and silver "failed"
Therefore dealing only in gold will not save you.
In the day of famine you will not be able to eat your gold, and no one will trade you any food for it. Gold is not wealth. Gold is fiat currency, totally liable to failure. It's all right here in scripture

Enxu

Jan 13, 2020
This maintenance, which continues to this present day, virtually requires United layer to engage in the Fiat money system.
To which I already replied: Whether other people (in this case United Layer) use fiat money to support his use of website is their choice, not his. He has warned already. Stop shifting the blame.

Enxu

Jan 13, 2020
@Enxu

Genesis 47:14-16
And Joseph gathered up all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corn which they bought: and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh's house. And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth. And Joseph said, Give your cattle; and I will give you for your cattle, if money fail.

In Egypt "the money failed" and Joseph stated trading grain for livestock.

Take a look at what happened here: there was great famine. There's our causation. Result: scarcity of some resources and and and abundance of demand for them. What did this do to prices? Inflation.

So much inflation that the money failed.

Couple of takeaways:
God was the cause. He sent famine, provoking the simultaneous scarcity and high demand that produced inflation. Joseph, acting as God's servant, was the hand through which the inflation was administered. Therefore if a person says, "inflation is always evil and its theft" then in this instance they are calling God and His servant an evil thief.

The money failed. Guess what the money was? Silver and gold coinage. Which is fiat currency - the REAL currency of value was grain, not silver, not gold. Measured weights of silver and gold were being used as representations of actual wealth - foodstuffs - and the gold and silver "failed"
Therefore dealing only in gold will not save you.
In the day of famine you will not be able to eat your gold, and no one will trade you any food for it. Gold is not wealth. Gold is fiat currency, totally liable to failure. It's all right here in scripture
Wrong. The money failed because they were used up, not because there was inflation.

After all the money had been spent throughout Egypt and Canaan, all the Egyptians came to Joseph and demanded, "Give us food! Why should we die right in front of you? Our money is spent!"

There was no indication of inflation anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.