Parable of the "friend" who was not.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JustinFromTwinCities
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Should probably start questioning and bringing to submission to Christ some of the thoughts that go through your head, its a good practice that you reap good fruit from.

Thank you brother. Praise be to God. Good advice
 
Okay, now I see why you said it (Even though I still do not agree with you saying such a thing).

Side Note:

What makes you think there is no God or that the God of the Bible is not the one true God? Is there not enough evidences backing up the Bible for you? Did something tragic happen in your life that you blame God for? Were you impressed by your science teachers who taught the Theory of Evolution to you while you were growing up? From my perspective and experience, I cannot see how you cannot believe in God.

Please take note that I used to be an Athiest at one point in my life. But despite my arguments against my friends who believed in God, the Lord had other plans for me.
Yes you can't see how I don't believe in God because if you did it would feel like you've been forced to accept something you're not ready to understand.
 
Yes you can't see how I don't believe in God because if you did it would feel like you've been forced to accept something you're not ready to understand.
If you wait until you understand Him, it will be too late.
 
Yes you can't see how I don't believe in God because if you did it would feel like you've been forced to accept something you're not ready to understand.

So you are saying I am not able to understand what you do? Well, I guarantee you if you call upon the Lord and believe in Him, you can be saved and know what a relationship with Him is like.
 
So you are saying I am not able to understand what you do? Well, I guarantee you if you call upon the Lord and believe in Him, you can be saved and know what a relationship with Him is like.
You can say it, saved from what?
 
You can say it, saved from what?

Sinfulness, judgement, destruction, the extinguishing of stabbo, melting as wax before the Living God, being cast into the lake of fire as something perverse and undesirable that must be put out of its miserable existence on the great and fearful Day of the Lord.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sinfulness, judgement, destruction, the extinguishing of stabbo, melting as wax before the Living God, being cast into the lake of fire as something perverse and undesirable that must be put out of its miserable existence on the great and fearful Day of the Lord.
Yeah, but it's fair. So there's no need to be afraid for people who go there. What? That's not true? you just want people to be with you in Gods kingdom? Why? Because you're not afraid of people going to hell.
 
Yeah, but it's fair. So there's no need to be afraid for people who go there. What? That's not true? you just want people to be with you in Gods kingdom? Why? Because you're not afraid of people going to hell.

I would say it's fair. You have been brought in to the world, have gotten to experience all the joys and sorrows of life. Make your own choices and choose your own way.

Then you reap what you have sown. And if, on Judgement Day, you do not desire what is good, if you do not love the ways of righteousness and the ways of God, but have chosen to remain sinful and self seeking, loving pleasure and serving yourself at the expense of others... Then you must, out of necessity, be blotted out. Not tormented for eternity while we all laugh at your predicament, but destroyed. For there will be no place for you in the Kingdom of God and eternity.

As much as we would all love you to be there with us, sin and the ways of the flesh must be destroyed. God has much greater things in store for humanity than stealing from each other, hating each other, killing each other, hoarding created things, selfishness etc
 
I would say it's fair. You have been brought in to the world, have gotten to experience all the joys and sorrows of life. Make your own choices and choose your own way.

Then you reap what you have sown. And if, on Judgement Day, you do not desire what is good, if you do not love the ways of righteousness and the ways of God, but have chosen to remain sinful and self seeking, loving pleasure and serving yourself at the expense of others... Then you must, out of necessity, be blotted out. Not tormented for eternity while we all laugh at your predicament, but destroyed. For there will be no place for you in the Kingdom of God and eternity.

As much as we would all love you to be there with us, sin and the ways of the flesh must be destroyed. God has much greater things in store for humanity than stealing from each other, hating each other, killing each other, hoarding created things, selfishness etc
I know you do, and you have to do everything you can to warn people of that ghastly fate.
 
I know you do, and you have to do everything you can to warn people of that ghastly fate.

Not really, I don't even care about eternal life. God can end me if He wants lol. I'm grateful for each day He has given me and I would not resent Him for letting me remain dead once this life is over.

What do I have to complain about?

I try to tell people about God simply out of love for God and people. But if they would rather perish that is their choice and there is nothing wrong with that. God respects that choice and so do I. I just try to make sure that everyone truly understands how great God is before rejecting Him
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know you do, and you have to do everything you can to warn people of that ghastly fate.

I believe it is a merciful fate. Not that it will be pleasant for a person who rejects Christ on Judgment Day. Not that it will be pleasant for the wicked person being cast into the Lake of Fire to be consumed by it's flames. However, your existence will be no more. You believe nothing awaits you after death anyways. In other words, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing. For the temporary fleeting pleasures of sin do not compare to the love, joy, and peace you can have with God in this life right now and in the next life for all eternity. Jesus is just a prayer call away. He knockes at the door of your heart to come in. He wants to be your best friend. The God of the Universe who holds all things together wants to be in your life and have a personal relationship with you. In fact, He loved you so much that He died for your sins.

Now how can you pass that up?

For there is nothing better than love.

For God is love (1 John 4:8).
 
Last edited:
Oh, and as far as the parable goes. I should have said wife instead of girlfriend. And the wife is the Body of Christ
 
I believe it is a merciful fate. Not that it will be pleasant for a person who rejects Christ on Judgment Day. Not that it will be pleasant for the wicked person being cast into the Lake of Fire to be consumed by it's flames. However, your existence will be no more. You believe nothing awaits you after death anyways. In other words, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing. For the temporary fleeting pleasures of sin do not compare to the love, joy, and peace you can have with God in this life right now and in the next life for all eternity. Jesus is just a prayer call away. He knockes at the door of your heart to come in. He wants to be your best friend. The God of the Universe who holds all things together wants to be in your life and have a personal relationship with you. In fact, He loved you so much that He died for your sins.

Now how can you pass that up?

For there is nothing better than love.

For God is love (1 John 4:8).
I do not believe nothing awaits me after death, who told you I did. Also please dont assume I dont know the gospel allready and have not heard all these answers before.
 
Not really, I don't even care about eternal life. God can end me if He wants lol. I'm grateful for each day He has given me and I would not resent Him for letting me remain dead once this life is over.

What do I have to complain about?

I try to tell people about God simply out of love for God and people. But if they would rather perish that is their choice and there is nothing wrong with that. God respects that choice and so do I. I just try to make sure that everyone truly understands how great God is before rejecting Him
K. I understand.