Parents lose custody of son after stopping chemo

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

Read your signature statement. NOBODY is "colluding in PM". That's just JD's unfounded supposition.. MOVING ON...
I could be wrong, I have been before.

I was just answering the supposition. I have no evidence of it.
There is only one reason to be doing such.

I'm more interested in the conversation at hand.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I have my opinion but I won't share it here.
As for those colluding in private messages. You know your motives are evil or you would not have to collude under the cover of secrecy.
Wow! Evil eh....well I know what thread I'm done with.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Perhaps but seeing results is good way of knowing I guarantee it has a far better track record than oils
Chemo's track record is dismal by any standards. If a fair unbiased study was done, it would prove conclusively that the ""alternative" holistic methodology is by far the way better treatment of cancer. Which can, BTW, include essential oils as part of the program. Really, about the only good thing I can say regarding chemo is that they are light years ahead in the progress application then from just 15 years ago, but it's still a horror show.

L

Locoponydirtman

Perhaps but seeing results is good way of knowing I guarantee it has a far better track record than oils
You can't make that guarantee. what are you going to do give people their money back after they're dead are you going to give them their life back?
I read a book written by doctor in the 1800s. His claim was that he was able to cure many diseases including cancer holistically. That is he used very specific diets to Target specific illnesses. That the consumption of certain herbs and plants prepared in particular ways added to the diet and removing other things from the diet actually had tremendous success.

M

Mrsmom

This is so sad. But they should've just kept him in chemo and gave the child the cannibas? :cry:

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Chemo isn't remotely proven, sometimes it works some times not so much.
This is an insane. Chemo is as proven as any treatment method.
Cancer cells are highly active cells that have gone out of control and reproduce copies of themselves
at a high rate. Because they stand out and use resources in large quantities and need certain chemicals
that the whole body needs, but at lower rates, chemo was created.

You are poisoning the body, but more of the poison is taken up by the cancer cells than the body cells.
By keeping the dosage right, the cancer cells are killed and the body just harmed.

The problem is some cancer cells can have changes that avoid the poison used, so are unaffected. You just need
one cell like this, which occurs in some patients, and the chemo will fail.

If one has a choice, chemo plus any other treatment, chose both, as long as they do not conflict.
Chemo saves lives. Any doctor in this field will tell you this. Without chemo, people can die in a week or two.

Chemo also reduces cells sometimes, and does not destroy them, so gives increased life but not cure.

So as a parent, if you fail to try a medication that will potentially save your childs life, that is child abuse.
And where the conflicts arise, the medical professionals will more and more be driven to take legal action,
because similarly starving your child is child abuse. As a parent I would be hash against anyone who tried
to refuse life saving options is a life threatening situation. This is what love is all about.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Cancer cells are highly active cells that have gone out of control and reproduce copies of themselves
at a high rate. Because they stand out and use resources in large quantities and need certain chemicals

You are poisoning the body, but more of the poison is taken up by the cancer cells than the body cells.
By keeping the dosage right, the cancer cells are killed and the body just harmed.

The problem is some cancer cells can have changes that avoid the poison used, so are unaffected. You just need

If one has a choice, chemo plus any other treatment, chose both, as long as they do not conflict.
Chemo saves lives. Any doctor in this field will tell you this. Without chemo, people can die in a week or two.

Chemo also reduces cells sometimes, and does not destroy them, so gives increased life but not cure.

So as a parent, if you fail to try a medication that will potentially save your childs life, that is child abuse.
And where the conflicts arise, the medical professionals will more and more be driven to take legal action,
because similarly starving your child is child abuse. As a parent I would be hash against anyone who tried
to refuse life saving options is a life threatening situation. This is what love is all about.
You sound like a doctor.
Only one major problem with what you said. As a long term (5 years or more) "life saving" chemo "therapy" ( torture is more like it) is generally a dismal failure with most types of cancers.
There are proven alternative modalities that get better results with only one tenth the suffering.
One of them is by Dr. Gil Lederman in Manhattan. Harvard educated, saved Jimmy Carters life.
In fact left untreated, literally did nothing, probably the majority of cancer patients would live longer then if they did chemo.
Did you know about 60% of all cancer deaths are actually caused from the chemo? To put it another way. The chemo kills them before the cancer does.
Did you know an endocrinologist gets a kickback for every chemo patient he or she refers?
Sounds like, doctor or not, you need to brush up on your biology, as the damage the chemo does to the body is breath taking.
My colleagues and I have helped more people survive cancer without all the suffering and go on to live a healthy long life in a year then most hospitals do in ten years.
Is there anyone around here that is pro conventional western medical treatments who actually check their facts and know what they are talking about?
All I hear is the same nonsense.
Talk without having facts. Easy to do, hard to overcome.
It's like parrots blabbing away in unison.

L

Locoponydirtman

"As proven as any other method" which not really proven at all.

"

one cell like this, which occurs in some patients, and the chemo will fail." Makes my point for me.

"Chemo also reduces cells sometimes, and does not destroy them, so gives increased life but not cure." Yes, I can torture someone for as long as 2 years before it kills them, that's real sweat.

"So as a parent, if you fail to try a medication that will potentially save your childs life" potentially but not likely because the higher probability of the afore mentioned exceptions.

"medical professionals will more and more be driven to take legal action,"
I have but one life to give to protect the quality of the remaining life of my child; how many are you willing to sacrifice on that alter?

And no it's not even close to abuse such as starving a child. It's deciding whether a treatment is worth tormenting a person over. If it's worth it and the child will live, then any loving parent will go through with it. If the child I going to be tormented for several years,and die a horrifying death, then as a parent it's not worth it for the medical industry to profit from torturing a child to death.

M

Mrsmom

I think that if given the choice overly emotional parents wouldnt do any treatment because of the harsh side effects. But the law is the law , we follow it and God does his part. Making sure we are not brought to death by it. But everything is twisted these days. Theres also human euthanasia, a young girl got approved because she had depression. I think she was 16. The dr approves it when theres no quality of life and when a patient will not benefit from any treatment. I am not sure if the parents had any say but this was a crazy story.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
The law us the law.
So we should be okay with the abortion laws?

L

Locoponydirtman

I think that if given the choice overly emotional parents wouldnt do any treatment because of the harsh side effects. But the law is the law , we follow it and God does his part. Making sure we are not brought to death by it. But everything is twisted these days. Theres also human euthanasia, a young girl got approved because she had depression. I think she was 16. The dr approves it when theres no quality of life and when a patient will not benefit from any treatment. I am not sure if the parents had any say but this was a crazy story.
As we Christians we don't follow laws that cause us to harm others, allows others to do harm, or prevents us from helping those in need. We can skirt our responsibility to do good by blaming the law
We have seen many children die of cancer, Christian and non. We have also seen many children that were killed by the chemo and radiation therapy bother Christian and non. We don't get to skirt our responsibility to do good here either. We have to listen to the Holy Spirit and do what is right regardless

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
As we Christians we don't follow laws that cause us to harm others, allows others to do harm, or prevents us from helping those in need. We can skirt our responsibility to do good by blaming the law
We have seen many children die of cancer, Christian and non. We have also seen many children that were killed by the chemo and radiation therapy bother Christian and non. We don't get to skirt our responsibility to do good here either. We have to listen to the Holy Spirit and do what is right regardless
Amen to that.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I'll speak to this. I've been on low dose chemo for 19 years. Not for cancer, but for Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is the body attacking itself. The years before I got on chemo were hell. I have terrible deformities for those years. And more deformities for when the meds failed and a lively active life when they were working. Like riding by bicycle 30-35 km every other day for 10 years, doing weights and stretches, completing my MDiv. Being a worship leader and teaching adult (women's only!) Bible studies. And I was happy. And of course, my veggie garden.

The fact is, that although these chemo drugs are harsh, my body is smart and figures them out and then disables them. And my liver is tricky, so I have to really work at keeping it pristine, including lots of beets, beet juice fasts and lot of freshly squeezed lemon juice daily. So, there is a place for natural products, but more to keep the body cleansed.

My only fear with these drugs is that I will run out of them, and then I will be bed ridden, have to go into some kind of care, and my life won't be worth living. So that is my story. Yes, I am an adult, but after 22 years of being an organic vegetarian, growing my own veggies, chemo was a bitter pill to swallow, but it was well worth it.

On to the acute leukemia. My best friend about 25 years ago was a nurse, and had a daughter who was 4 and got the same disease. She allowed her to go into a study, about dosing, and her daughter was in the lowest dose group. She had radiation, and I do believe her mother's nursing ability was a big factor in her surviving, particularly when she wouldn't eat.

She also had terrible mood problems, but they were not from the chemo drugs. All chemo drugs for this disease are accompanied by large doses of prednisone. Twice what I took for asthma attacks, and I probably weighed 3 times her daughter's weight. The prednisone helps force the chemo into the cells. In fact, I had some good talks with her mom about what prednisone felt like, which helped her understand what her daughter was going through. She didn't complain and call her a "monster" like the mother in the article did with her son. Instead, she loved and cared for her. An admirable objective for any parent!

Because of the low dose chemo, the cancer returned in a year, and her mom put her on the strongest dose possible. She is alive and in her late 30's now - the same age as my second son. She is happily married, and has had no long term problems.

I understand cancer treatments don't always work. Just like my chemo drugs don't. But, they save lives which would have been lost. These parents needed to be informed as to why their son's behaviour was so changed. Because that was the reason given, for resorting to quack nostrums like alkaline water??? You have to be joking!! That's like all the people taking apple cider vinegar to make their blood more acid, and those taking baking soda to make their blood more alkaline and to cure RA. Pure placebo effect. That child would be dead, and it's because of frauds and quacks like JD who keeps pushing this anti-big pharma and nutrition can "cure" anything garbage. I have a friend currently on one of his treatment regimes for Type 2 diabetes, which consists of juice fasting daily. Yes, her blood sugar has gone down, it will not be permanent. But, she is telling everyone she is "cured" and someone took her aside and put her on this diet. She is a friend from CC, and there is no doubt in my mind that JD told her to do this.

Since JD did that to me, really in a totally insulting and paternalistic way, and I refused his quack nostrums and lack of any medical training and an understanding of the scientific method and how it works to find the drugs that work, AND their side effects. I have never regretted not following his garbage 18th century placebo medicine.

I could go on about JD, but maybe I will just report him, and maybe they will stop him from practicing fake medicine on 'CC. If only!

S

Susanna

I'll speak to this. I've been on low dose chemo for 19 years. Not for cancer, but for Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is the body attacking itself. The years before I got on chemo were hell. I have terrible deformities for those years. And more deformities for when the meds failed and a lively active life when they were working. Like riding by bicycle 30-35 km every other day for 10 years, doing weights and stretches, completing my MDiv. Being a worship leader and teaching adult (women's only!) Bible studies. And I was happy. And of course, my veggie garden.

The fact is, that although these chemo drugs are harsh, my body is smart and figures them out and then disables them. And my liver is tricky, so I have to really work at keeping it pristine, including lots of beets, beet juice fasts and lot of freshly squeezed lemon juice daily. So, there is a place for natural products, but more to keep the body cleansed.

My only fear with these drugs is that I will run out of them, and then I will be bed ridden, have to go into some kind of care, and my life won't be worth living. So that is my story. Yes, I am an adult, but after 22 years of being an organic vegetarian, growing my own veggies, chemo was a bitter pill to swallow, but it was well worth it.

On to the acute leukemia. My best friend about 25 years ago was a nurse, and had a daughter who was 4 and got the same disease. She allowed her to go into a study, about dosing, and her daughter was in the lowest dose group. She had radiation, and I do believe her mother's nursing ability was a big factor in her surviving, particularly when she wouldn't eat.

She also had terrible mood problems, but they were not from the chemo drugs. All chemo drugs for this disease are accompanied by large doses of prednisone. Twice what I took for asthma attacks, and I probably weighed 3 times her daughter's weight. The prednisone helps force the chemo into the cells. In fact, I had some good talks with her mom about what prednisone felt like, which helped her understand what her daughter was going through. She didn't complain and call her a "monster" like the mother in the article did with her son. Instead, she loved and cared for her. An admirable objective for any parent!

Because of the low dose chemo, the cancer returned in a year, and her mom put her on the strongest dose possible. She is alive and in her late 30's now - the same age as my second son. She is happily married, and has had no long term problems.

I understand cancer treatments don't always work. Just like my chemo drugs don't. But, they save lives which would have been lost. These parents needed to be informed as to why their son's behaviour was so changed. Because that was the reason given, for resorting to quack nostrums like alkaline water??? You have to be joking!! That's like all the people taking apple cider vinegar to make their blood more acid, and those taking baking soda to make their blood more alkaline and to cure RA. Pure placebo effect. That child would be dead, and it's because of frauds and quacks like JD who keeps pushing this anti-big pharma and nutrition can "cure" anything garbage. I have a friend currently on one of his treatment regimes for Type 2 diabetes, which consists of juice fasting daily. Yes, her blood sugar has gone down, it will not be permanent. But, she is telling everyone she is "cured" and someone took her aside and put her on this diet. She is a friend from CC, and there is no doubt in my mind that JD told her to do this.

Since JD did that to me, really in a totally insulting and paternalistic way, and I refused his quack nostrums and lack of any medical training and an understanding of the scientific method and how it works to find the drugs that work, AND their side effects. I have never regretted not following his garbage 18th century placebo medicine.

I could go on about JD, but maybe I will just report him, and maybe they will stop him from practicing fake medicine on 'CC. If only!
You are absolutely right.

The practicing of fake medicine is a serious problem, especially when the quacks are getting militant about it as well.

L

Locoponydirtman

You are absolutely right.

The practicing of fake medicine is a serious problem, especially when the quacks are getting militant about it as well.
The quacks aren't the ones using government force to enforce their will and profits. Having the jackboots kidnap your children is militant.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
In BC, the schools are working with the health authorities to make sure parents keep their vaccines "up to date." They had some terrible measles outbreaks last year, in Vancouver, and it is not going to be repeated with a pro-active approach.

I think when it come to life and death, and the parents are uneducated (or brainwashed!) the authorities need to step in to prevent epidemics in the case of vaccines, and to save the lives or children with diseases like cancer. There is simply no medical evidence for these old fashioned quack cures, and a lot for using properly tested meds.

L

Locoponydirtman

In BC, the schools are working with the health authorities to make sure parents keep their vaccines "up to date." They had some terrible measles outbreaks last year, in Vancouver, and it is not going to be repeated with a pro-active approach.

I think when it come to life and death, and the parents are uneducated (or brainwashed!) the authorities need to step in to prevent epidemics in the case of vaccines, and to save the lives or children with diseases like cancer. There is simply no medical evidence for these old fashioned quack cures, and a lot for using properly tested meds.
Funny term "brain washed" to use force to make someone think differently, is how they define it. So who has the power to use force to cause someone to think the way they want? Us Fringe nut jobs that don't trust Govco, and medical corporate machine, or Govco, and the medical corporation network with their vast propaganda machine. With the vast network of forced conformity factories that they call public school.
We can talk about the product they produce and it will not look good for them. Following the Marxist method of indoctrination has turned out several generations of young adults totally unprepared for any purpose in the world but the assembly line. Even the University is practically useless since 1945 because we imported with out any reservation the Frankfort school of thought. One doesn't have to look real hard to see the wonderous mess we are in now. Much of it lays at the door of the so called higher education system. With people that can't even tell if they are a boy or a girl anymore, and a whole catalogue of other nonsense postulations that has emerged. All creativity and free thought is effectively squashed, and when anyone steps out side of the lines the whole group attacks that individual to insure they toe the line as well, and you want to use the word brain washed. I think that qualifies as ironic.
It reminds me of the chimpanzee experiment where a group of chimps were put in a padock together and a bunch of bananas were places on a box in the center. Any time a chimp would attempt to take a banana the whole group were hosed down with cold water, soon if any chimp attempted to approach the box the other chimps would attack the one. As the chimps were replaced one by one and non of the chimps that had been hosed by the water were in the paddock the chimps continued the same behavior with out even knowing why they would attack the one who approached the box in the center. The group now enforced the "rule".
The reality is they all could have had bananas if they were willing to endure a little harmless cold water.

That's how I see all of you who bow down at the alter of govco and March to the step of the propaganda prophets. And your slanderous attacks are the chant, "we are conformed you must also be". And "Destroy the unbeliever", when he refused.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
I an definitely not in favor of the government regulating every aspect of life. The parents have the sole responsibility to do what they believe to be in their son's best interest and should not be compelled by the government for a treatment regimen for their son.
I disagree, in this case. The child has cancer: we know how to treat cancer, and it is most definitely not with hocus-pocus and CBD oil. These parents are idiots who could have killed their son, and the child deserves better.

He had mood swings and he lost his hair, so just stop the potentially life saving treatment cause it's difficult to cope with and watch through? Nah. Grow a backbone and suck it up. Chemo will save your kid's life. Not letting him have chemo will kill him, because, and listen closely holistic medicine/anti-vax/anti-science people: it is a statistical fact that chemo is not even remotely as dangerous as cancer.