Passover

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LovelyU

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
107
1
0
I don't know a lot about Passover but I feel the Holy Spirit insisting that I participate in it. I'm not from that cultural background and am basically clueless. So, what do you do for Passover? So far I know it's an 8 day holiday and you eat unleavened bread, are there many of you who do participate in it and what are your thoughts on it? ...Just wondered

I really feel this urge AND I have a family reunion with a huge feast on during it so I am super tempted to push those feelings aside, but I feel as though I HAVE to do it and so I will, but any info would be appreciated, thanks.
 
Google Passover, and you can read about what it is and how it is celebrated........ :)
 
I might also suggest calling a local Messianic Synagogue, to see if they have anything scheduled for the Goyan (us) in your area.
 
I don't know a lot about Passover but I feel the Holy Spirit insisting that I participate in it. I'm not from that cultural background and am basically clueless. So, what do you do for Passover? So far I know it's an 8 day holiday and you eat unleavened bread, are there many of you who do participate in it and what are your thoughts on it? ...Just wondered

I really feel this urge AND I have a family reunion with a huge feast on during it so I am super tempted to push those feelings aside, but I feel as though I HAVE to do it and so I will, but any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Get a lamb. Kill it. Wipe the blood of that lamb on the doorframe of your living quarters. The lamb must not have any defects. So don't choose or buy one that is discounted. Probably missing a leg or an ear. It must be a male. Okay, then roast the lamb. Don't gut it. Once cooked, eat it with bitter herbs and unleavened bread.

If you have leftovers, burn it all.
 
I might also suggest calling a local Messianic Synagogue, to see if they have anything scheduled for the Goyan (us) in your area.

Hi Willie-T, I had a look at (googled) Messianic Synagogues which is very interesting to me indeed, but what is the Goyan? I couldn't find it..
 
Hi Willie-T, I had a look at (googled) Messianic Synagogues which is very interesting to me indeed, but what is the Goyan? I couldn't find it..
It's anyone not Jewish (Gentiles) You and me. (Goya; goy)

But if you can get one of the Seders (Passover meals) where they explain it all to you as you partake of it, I think it will mean the world to you. Our first one (25 years ago, now) is still so strong in our minds.
 
This might give you an idea of what to expect.
.
[video]http://www.howcast.com/videos/164116-How-to-Host-a-Passover-Seder[/video]